Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Is this chicken $H!t?  (Read 10564 times)

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Is this chicken $H!t?
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2014, 03:46:22 PM »

OP AGAIN,

Some of your seem much more upset than I am.  No judgement intended but it just goes to show how different people can be.  For example,  I'd never ask the SM to pay out of his pocket.  He's done plenty of favors for me & saved me a lot more than $12.00.  By that logic, I should cough up the money when they offer free stuff to me.  In fact, every time they do something free, they do it with a smile.  Am I a sucker or a chump?  I don't think so.  Why ruin a good relationship over $12.00? That would be stupid on my part. 

I knew I wasn't gonna complain before I started this thread.  I felt like I was being petty and wanted a bit of moral support.  After reading all the replies I'm reminded how much they do for me.  I admit that I have a more personal relationship with the dealership than many people but I'm still their customer and not their friend.  I've realized that our relationship works both ways and I've gotta give a little if I'm gonna take as much as I do.  I guarantee that if I complain that they'll never again do a favor for me!  Thanks for all the replies
I don't think anyone suggested that the SM pay for the part out of pocket.  I'm just not sure why you should pay MSRP for parts that are covered under warranty, especially since the SM made it clear that he didn't have time to take care of you.  Think about that for a second.....After two weeks he hadn't ordered the part, then when asked about it, he tells you he's still too busy and that you should take time out of your schedule and order it yourself at your expense.

The fact that they do free stuff for you is immaterial....They're offering to do it.  The fact that it's a $12 part (this time) is also immaterial.  My read on the situation (without knowing you or the dealer) is that they're taking advantage of you. 

But the bottom line is that if you're comfortable waiting two weeks to find out the SM hasn't ordered your part, then paying for the part yourself, then who am I to say otherwise?
The best you've had is the best you know.

SemperFi64

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2014, 03:53:20 PM »

Cost money to be COOL.....

cvolovermi

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2014, 10:38:14 PM »

My chrome ring on my '12 SESG flew off one day on the freeway at 80+ mph.  I didn't even know what it was until I reached my destination.  Anyway, I told my local dealer and they ordered and replaced it under warranty, no questions asked.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2014, 11:57:30 PM »

My chrome ring on my '12 SESG flew off one day on the freeway at 80+ mph.  I didn't even know what it was until I reached my destination.  Anyway, I told my local dealer and they ordered and replaced it under warranty, no questions asked.

That's because you are a girl.   :dier_21:
Jesus is Lord

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 02:02:44 AM »

Very interesting inputs on both sides of the coin. I'm going neutral.

cvolovermi

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2014, 08:49:08 AM »

That's because you are a girl.   :dier_21:

I'm going to refrain from comment on your baseless ignorance!

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2014, 09:08:06 AM »

hehe...   :zroflmao:   

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2014, 09:11:54 AM »

cvolovermi

Chill out, it was a joke.
 :bananarock:   :pepper:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

chaos901

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2000 SE Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC3
    • CVO3: 2010 SEUC5
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2014, 10:18:31 AM »

One thing nobody has mentioned is the "cost" associated with a warranty repair.  They do charge you $50 to perform a warranty repair with the holder ofthe Extended Coverage picking up the remainder. 

$12 seems less than $50, maybe he was trying to do you a favor by having the labor done on the side if you bought the part.   

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2014, 10:26:32 AM »

One thing nobody has mentioned is the "cost" associated with a warranty repair.  They do charge you $50 to perform a warranty repair with the holder ofthe Extended Coverage picking up the remainder. 

$12 seems less than $50, maybe he was trying to do you a favor by having the labor done on the side if you bought the part.   
Bike's only a year old.  There's no charge for warranty work.
The best you've had is the best you know.

bknerr

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2014, 10:30:37 AM »

that's what I was thinking. my switch for the odometer went bad and was told they would have to charge me $50 for warranty repair. said if I was able cheaper to fix myself so I did.
1963 flh
1974 fxe

2003 flhrc
2008 flhtcuse3

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2014, 11:10:21 AM »

I have had it with this thread....not with the OP or OUR responses but with the snapshot we have presented of the HD dealers and service departments. There is a theme of mistrust and animosity toward them and to some degree perhaps well deserved. Apparently our CVO's are made with crappy parts, by crappy workers, sold by a crappy dealership network, and serviced by a bunch of idiots; at least that is the impression we are leaving.  IF so, why have we each spent a large chunk of money on these products? 

I buy Mercedes-Benz cars. When I walk in, they know my name. When I get service I am offered loaners so I can go shopping or to lunch. They text me when my car is ready and it is vac'd and washed first. IF I need warrantee work, they apologize and bring my car to my home and pick up the loaner. They treat their customers like royalty.

Why doesn't the most successful manufacturer of motorcycles worldwide, selling the most expensive production products in their class, do the same thing?  A g.d. twelve dollar part!!!!! 

If this SM worked for me he would be a "service washer" for a month with reduced pay, if not fired on the spot. 45 minutes of HIS time, B.S. his "time" is paid for, now take care of my customers and put a smile on your face as well. IF HE CAN'T HANDLE THE PRESSURE, QUIT.  Pressure isn't needing 45 minutes you really don't have that day. PRESSURE is making the payroll, Pressure is making the floor plan, Pressure is having a guy slip out front and breaking his arm, Pressure is finding out you owe the I.R.S. ten grand you don't have.

Harley-Davidson needs to re-think and re-train their Corporate attitude period.  They need to TELL their franchise owners they STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUTS period, and the owners need to tell their EMPLOYEES that their number one job is to make each customer feel as if they are their ONLY customer.

I realize WE are a cantankerous group; demanding, at times rude, sometimes crude, and we use their products (at times) in the most destructive ways. That is all factored into the price of a $32,000 (or more) product. Get with it HD, the Indian is hunting now, and it's your wagon train they are looking for.

OWL

sorry for the rant, I'm pissed off.
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2014, 01:11:07 PM »

I used to think that getting friendly with the staff would insure good treatment but not necessarily so.  Apparently familiarity can and does breed contempt. I mean they've got you, right, so they don't have to work very hard at pleasing you.  At least that is the way it often seems.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

jcd520

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2014, 02:11:56 PM »

You have been mistreated by a dealership.
Do something about it.
If the owner takes his SM's side  ,go over their head to the MOCO> .
 This is unforgiveable and unacceptable behavior for a dealership and should be dealt with.
If they don't then all of us on this site hopefully including you will let everyone in earshot know.
There are other dealerships if you have to resort to that. You are right , they are wrong.
MY two cents worth!

garretn

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Ultra Limited, Stardust Silver, Autumn Sunset
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2014, 06:45:38 PM »

I might have missed something here but the bike is under factory warranty which means the factory pays the dealer to repair the bike.  The way I look at it is the dealer has more money than I do, if they don't want to spend the time to process the warranty claim that is cool just fix my bike and write it off as customer relations expense. My personal feelings are that the SM should have not put you in the position to feel bad about what is happening that part upsets me.  Customer Service should be #1 priority especially if you have a product that is far from being perfect.

Great topic by the way.. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 22 queries.