Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: saddle bag lid protection  (Read 19334 times)

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
saddle bag lid protection
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:20:28 PM »

Any one have experience with the film ( maybe mylar ) lid protectors.Seen displays at dealers,but never picked up a brochure.Kind of like the stone shield that comes on some new cars.Had it on trucks & seems to last forever.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: saddle bag lid protection
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 11:33:40 PM »

See Reply 251 in this thread:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=27725.0

Have the product on my bike and it has already proved its value. One scratch is all it would take for you to wish you had the film installed. If you already have that scratch, the film will make it nearly invisible. Be sure it is installed by someone who knows what they are doing. Outstanding for fairings as well.

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 02:34:47 PM »

Thanks,Had a girl drop her helmet on a lid already.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 09:03:02 PM »

3M protective film works well.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 10:15:04 PM »

I have the 3M protective film on my car and it does work well. The nice thing about the motorcycle armor is it is custom cut for HD applications.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 10:19:03 PM »

Thanks,Had a girl drop her helmet on a lid already.
:worthless:
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 10:26:20 PM »

[/quote
Nothing to take a picture of.Little scuff & transfered some black crap from her helmet to the bag lid.Couldn't go to bed 'till I had it cleaned up & waxed.Looks like the cyclearmor is the answer.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 10:41:41 PM »

I have the 3M protective film on my car and it does work well. The nice thing about the motorcycle armor is it is custom cut for HD applications.

Odds are it's the same material, just custom die cut for the specific application.  There are many companies selling the 3M film for auto's, including die cut kits.  I've also seen a few that offer die cut kits for Harley's, cut to fit fairings, lowers, fender, front of bags, etc.

The secret to all of these products is the installation.  Sort of like installing window tint, if you don't know what you're doing it will be very obvious when you're finished. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 06:10:58 AM »

http://www.empireclearshield.com/site/1325795/page/626596

I put some on my gas tank last week, I tend to ride the tank with my legs.
Worried about wearing the clear and paint off after time.

Pictures would not work.....you can hardly see it. Chances are you won't see it unless you know it's there.

I hope it works as good as it looks. I may have to do it again if the placement is incorrect. I will know after this weekend.

I also intend to put some behind the passenger "pillow" it's rubbing a little on the TP and I know it will work well back there.

You can buy it in rolls if you want, probably a good idea for you Larry B.....good to have in the shop.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 06:13:31 AM by DICKW »
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 07:53:15 AM »

[/quote
Nothing to take a picture of.Little scuff & transfered some black crap from her helmet to the bag lid.Couldn't go to bed 'till I had it cleaned up & waxed.Looks like the cyclearmor is the answer.
I meant of the Girl who dropped the helmet
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
  • Clear Coat Film Kits for Paint Protection
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
Motorcycle Armor protection film
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 02:18:08 PM »

I have read most of these posts regarding protective film.  This subject began with a customer testimony regarding Motorcycle Armor, a product that is custom engineered to cover and protect Harley Davidson touring model saddlebag lids.  We did a custom install on a CVO belonging to Mark Bierle, a member of this site and a CVO owner in Sturgis.  Somehow it was diverted to 3M protective film.  Motorcycle Armor is not 3M film.  It is a proprietary product with patents pending, owned by Motorcycle Armor.  

The adhesive in MA film contains similar chemicals as the clear coat applied to paint finishes, less the hardeners.  The result of using MA is that it not only protects the surfaces, it effectively  "repairs" exiting scuffs and minor scratches . .  resulting in a surface that looks newly painted! I have attached a pic showing a lid that is completely scratched, showing only 1/2 MA film, which effectively "heals" existing scratches . .   it is scratched the same under the film!

You can look at our website: www.motorcyclearmor.com  and see an install video. The install is simple . .  not to be compared with the difficulty experienced with window film.  In addition, we offer a lifetime warranty . . .  meaning that at any time the film is damaged, as often as you require, replacements are sent at no charge, other than the cost of postage. This warranty is fully transferable to subsequent owners of your motorcycle if you sell it!  You can order the film for your saddlebag lids on our website also - the kit comes with complete easy to follow instructions and all that you need to make the installation.  If you need this innovative film for other motorcycle parts, just order the kit and cut to film to the spec you need.   The website has an email contact point if you have further questions, or contact me at michael@motorcycle-armor.com
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 02:30:01 PM by Michael D. »

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 02:39:19 PM »

Hi Michael,
great first post. There is a vendor section on the site, you might want to introduce yourself.

Cheers,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 02:46:23 PM »

I'm interested in this
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 02:58:28 PM »

Hi Louis . .    I am not sure where to find the vendor site?   Can you direct me?   Thanks,  Michael .  Motorcycle Armor.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 03:09:11 PM »

Hi Louis . .    I am not sure where to find the vendor site?   Can you direct me?   Thanks,  Michael .  Motorcycle Armor.

hi Michael
click on Home above and then scroll down to Marketplace there you will find a Vendor section
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 03:10:51 PM by ice6900 »

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 03:59:05 PM »

Thanks Louis . .   I have added the info to the Vendor Discount site, offering CVO members a 20% discount.  The link should be up on the website in a few days.

Gunner

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Black
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 07:14:59 PM »

I took delivery on my new 2010 Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate UC and wanted to protect the bags.  I saw Motorcycle Armor in Sturgis last year and was impressed.  My dealer here in CO had the product in the do it yourself kit and the display of they lid with half covered and the other side scuffed.  It all looked pretty stright forward right!  I viewed the install video 4 times read the instruction 3 times.  I wanted to make sure that my bike lid looked like the display.  Well this product was a big disappointment.  Even with the discount IMO it is not worth it.  Someone suggested the clear protective film and having a professional install it.  I second that! Even using the solution supplied and soaking everything, I had a puddle under the bike, the film still scratched.  It looks worse then had I took my chances with swirling and dust!  I would not recomend this product unless the same person that does the display lids for the company were to install it with the same product.  I went back to the dealer today to see if rubbing the display would scratch and it appears to me a much tougher product then the kit I bought!

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 08:31:30 PM »

Sorry to hear you were disappointed.I thought the product went on great.Only complaint I have is a flaw in the film that looks like orangepeel in the paint.Not a big enough spot to go to the trouble of replacing the film.I,m sure the stuff will scratch,but if it saves the bag it's done it's job.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 08:37:27 AM »

Usually a "flaw" is a fingerprint in the adhesive or something that wasn't cleaned off the paint on the lid.  However, though a rarity, there may be a flaw in the film itself.   Please contact me at michael@motorcyclearmor.com and I will replace your film for you.   If you dont want to go to the trouble of replacing the lid film, I will send you a free set of our film for your Fuel Tank that protects the areas around where your jeans or leathers rub the tank while riding.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 09:11:09 AM »

I am not sure how to respond directly to "Gunner" on the public forum, however I did respond to him direct on the IM feature.   I am the representative for Motorcycle Armor.   I am also the person who prepares the displays that are seen at Harley Davidson dealerships across the country.  I can assure you that the same film that is used on the displays is the same exact film that is shipped direct to CVO clients and to Harley Davidson dealerships. 

Our product carries a 100% lifetime replacement warranty.   That means that at any time, and for any reason . .  scuffing, scratching, or even inadvertent installation "mistakes" we will replace the product at no charge, other than $9.95 for postage and handling.   We stand behind our products and are always willing to do whatever it takes to assure that everyone is pleased. 

This is the first comment of this nature that I have seen . . . ever . . . and we have sold thousands of our kits over the past few years for bagger lids, fuel tanks, side covers, fenders, trikes, etc.   You can look at the multiple "praises" for this product even here on the CVO forum. 

I have sent "Gunner" an IM and offered to meet (he says he is in Colorado . .  that's where I am also) and will do his install myself, replace his product, all free of charge per our warranty and product guarantees.   I may even throw in a free Fuel Tank or Front Fender piece . .   just to show our willingness to support our brand and our products.   If he is unable to meet me in Colorado, then hopefully he will look us up at the Rapid City Civic Center, next to the Harley Davidson Corporate area at the event in Sturgis this summer and I will do this replacement there.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 09:22:37 AM »

Do you have a kit for the batwing and fenders Michael or is it just lids?

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 10:35:16 AM »

Do not blame Motorcycle armor for a shoddy install. I have this on my bike and if you follow the instructions and take your time  --  it will come out just as stated. I have many friends that have this product, and no one ever knows it, unless you actually look for it.  THIS PRODUCT WORKS!! The guys at Motorcycle armor deserve credit for a job well done! Still waiting for the batwing piece to be introduced?

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 11:59:28 AM »

Thanks Two Harleys for the kudos.  Like I said, we are building a brand that works, and we stand behind our products.    I have many testimonies that reflect easy consumer installations . . .  here's one that just came in from Philip B.  from Boston:  "The install went fine.  A few small spots near the edges went away within 24 hours. Looks perfect.  I'm going to show the results to the HD manager." 

Again, we will do whatever it takes to please our customers.  BTW . .   the batwing kit is still in engineering . .   but I am optimistic that we will have it in a month or so.  Extensive testing is underway. (for proper fitment)

Murphy . .  we have available:
1. Bagger Lid protection
2. Front fender protection
3. Side cover protection
4. Fuel tank protection
5. Trike front and rear fender protection
6. Complete Tri-Glide and Trike Street Glide body protection (13 pcs.)

All available in glossy finish or matte for denim painted bikes.

Most of these are not on our website as yet . .   hopefully the webmaster will get off his Harley for a few days and do some work.  In the meantime, you can email me at michael@motorcyclearmor.com.  I will send you the pricing and take the CVO discount off.

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 01:58:01 PM »

Usually a "flaw" is a fingerprint in the adhesive or something that wasn't cleaned off the paint on the lid.  However, though a rarity, there may be a flaw in the film itself.   Please contact me at michael@motorcyclearmor.com and I will replace your film for you.   If you dont want to go to the trouble of replacing the lid film, I will send you a free set of our film for your Fuel Tank that protects the areas around where your jeans or leathers rub the tank while riding.

Thanks,
Michael

Can't beat that offer.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

Gunner

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 04:47:39 PM »

Michael and I have been in touch and he is going to make this right with me.   

As for 2Harleys..... good for you I am glad yours worked.  Mine didn't and I am dealing with the manufacture.  Just like I was able to voice my opinion on here so are you able to! 

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 08:02:18 PM »

Michael and I have been in touch and he is going to make this right with me.   

As for 2Harleys..... good for you I am glad yours worked.  Mine didn't and I am dealing with the manufacture.  Just like I was able to voice my opinion on here so are you able to! 

Gunner and two harleys are in complete agreement about being able to each voice our opinion's on this site   ---  where we have a diss-agreement, is when some people on this site, bash a company BEFORE contacting the manufacture. Maybe there is a possibility the product that YOU received had a blemish  --   do'nt you agree the manufacture should at least have a chance to make things right before bashing a new company on the internet?  just my opinion -- whatever that is worth.  I am hoping to see a follow up on this, after Michael looks at your bike.

Gunner

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 07:57:51 PM »

Well I know that everyone including 2harleys is waiting for an update on the status of the M/C Armor.  Michael just left after installing two new lid protection sheets and the tank protection sheets (at no charge).  Seems the film I purchased was defective and the dealer had not rotated the stock out as they should have.  The appearence is like night and day.  I can't thank Michael and Motorcycle Armor enough.  My faith in them is the highest that any vendor could get!  I know that 2harleys was critical of my install even though he had not seen it, and of my voiceing my opinion on here. It has all been worked out with Michael and I will be recommending his product to anyone I see and will be showing off the product on the bike. If your in Sturgis stop by and see the Motorcycle Armor staff, they are going to have a full like of great products from what I was told.

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 08:17:06 PM »

Well I know that everyone including 2harleys is waiting for an update on the status of the M/C Armor.  Michael just left after installing two new lid protection sheets and the tank protection sheets (at no charge).  Seems the film I purchased was defective and the dealer had not rotated the stock out as they should have.  The appearence is like night and day.  I can't thank Michael and Motorcycle Armor enough.  My faith in them is the highest that any vendor could get!  I know that 2harleys was critical of my install even though he had not seen it, and of my voiceing my opinion on here. It has all been worked out with Michael and I will be recommending his product to anyone I see and will be showing off the product on the bike. If your in Sturgis stop by and see the Motorcycle Armor staff, they are going to have a full like of great products from what I was told.

I appologize for being critical of your install.  And I am very happy that Michael took such good care of you with lightning fast response. The quote I made in an earlier post still stands   -----  (maybe there is a possibility the product that YOU received had a blemish  --   do'nt you agree the manufacture should at least have a chance to make things right before bashing a new company on the internet?)

Maybe next time I should not jump to conclusions that you installed wrong  ----   and maybe you should try to work things out with the company you are having problems with, before telling everyone on the internet that their product is no good.  We both live in Colorado ---  no hard feelings on this end  -- hope to see your new bike someday.  Ride safe and keep the oily side down.     Michael, what is with having to rotate the stock?? What is the shelf life on this product??  How do we know if we are getting fresh product when we buy it from a dealer??

Gunner

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 08:25:00 PM »

As I said before we are both entitled to our opinions.  No hard feelings here!  Ride safe!

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 10:06:35 PM »

It was a pleasure to meet Gunner and re-install MA on his beautiful new CVO.   With both of us being within a few miles, it was an easy respond.
Here's the deal.   The film that he had purchased from the local dealer was a part of a recall from over a year ago.   The problem was a "line" which looked like a scratch down the center of the film.   Gunner's install was good . .   the film was in fact defective. 

We sent out very few of these kits, and immediately followed up and did dealer exchanges (involved shipments to about 6 dealers). The dealer where Gunner purchased his kit apparently had mixed inventory, and did not return just the defective kits . .   maybe it was just one that remained mixed with the new inventory (who knows) . .  the one Gunner purchased, maybe it was more.   Their inventory consisted of about 20 kits . .  and 20 were returned to us and the film was destroyed.   They have purchased maybe 40 kits since then - and with high inventory turn over it is only bad luck that Gunner ended up with this kit.   I believe their current inventory is good inventory, however I will, tomorrow, remove all of their inventory and replace it with new inventory just to make sure this does not happen again.

All other dealer shipments have been exchanged, again, over a year ago, and there have been no complaints of mixed inventory. 

Again, this was a fluke, and as a responsible manufacturer / supplier we stand behind our products.   A quick resolution of this problem on Gunner's bike is an example of that.    Had this happened in another state where we were not so close, we would immediately send a replacement and do whatever was necessary to make the situation right with the customer.   The lifetime warranty on our products means just that . .   a lifetime, as long as the bike in on the road!

Thanks to Gunner for his willingness to expose this problem and thanks for his graciousness in allowing us to make it right.

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2010, 10:10:56 PM »

Two Harleys:

There is no need to rotate stock.   I mean as long as the inventory is kept in a fairly room temperature environment there should not be a problem.  Honestly, at this point, the dealers inventories are turning so fast that there has not been a concern, and they usually don't re-order until they are out of stock. 

Look us up at Sturgis . .  in the same lot at the Harley Corporate displays and I will install a Fuel Tank kit on your bike . .  its a really nice piece and, speaking of inventory, we can hardly keep it in stock.

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2010, 02:40:53 PM »

Just got an IM from Michael offering a free fuel tank film for my very minor problem with my lid film.Also offered to replace the lid film if I want to.Didn't realize how easy it would be to remove it 'till I watched the video so think I'll take him up on his offer.Stuff works !! I sometimes have a problem clearing the bag lids with my size 13s.Haven't marked the film yet & unless I tell somebody it's there they don't see it.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2010, 08:24:44 PM »

I installed a set two weeks ago in 30 minutes.  Absolutely perfect.  Great product.  I had even contacted Michael a few times for a question or two.  Great to see this kind of customer service. 
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 08:49:55 PM »

Nice . .    will have new applications on the website soon.  Keep looking at www.motorcyclearmor.com

BAKARDS . . .  in the mail

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 09:20:20 PM »

Michael:  I just want to say that is refreshing to hear of a company that still provides this level of customer service. I have been extremely dissapointed numerous times by the level of service from top name companies these days. I will without a doubt be using your products when I get my new bike. EXCELLANT !!!!

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 09:53:27 PM »

We (Motorcycle Armor) believe that to survive in this economy we have to offer products and service that are beyond the norm.   That's what we strive to do.   It is a family owned business . .  and we have all been is successful "corporate" business previously.   I'll change my avatar to show our pic at a cigar bar in Sturgis this past year. 

Raza51

• Full CVO Member
  • Ready to Roll

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2010, 07:42:42 PM »

Going to put the Armor on this weekend, read a lot here about satisfied customers, details to follow.....
2012 Convertible
2009 Timeout Easy Camper
2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins
2009 FS2300 Weekend Warrior
Harleys come in many colors, mine is Red, White and Blue!

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2010, 08:21:17 PM »

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Great product.

Looks good and is very tough.

:coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 Sunset Orange / Sunset Black Fade
    • CVO2: 2010 Concord FLHXSE - Sold
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2010, 08:23:59 PM »

I purchased in Feb but just applied a few weeks ago when the weather got warmer.  I'm very impressed with the product!  FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS EXACTLY AND KEEP EVERYTHING VERY WET.  Mine are 96% perfect but I believe the issues are from finger prints.  I originally thought the film was flawed but I now believe the imperfections are finger prints.  I can't stand the imperfections but since I need to return the original film to get replacements, (warranty program) I may wait to the winter.  If you can get the covers applied properly, I believe the protection etc. is as advertised.  Only thing that gets me going at this point is when everyone seems to notice the small imperfections (my finger prints?) and brings it to my attention.  Great product and great price to CVO forum members!  :2vrolijk_21: 

bluegoose

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra - Riptide Blue
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2010, 08:27:42 PM »

Just placed my order a few minutes ago - Hope the install is as easy as everyone says.

Looking forward to getting the film installed - sounds like a very good product.

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2010, 09:59:03 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2010, 10:05:33 PM »

Is there a cut out area where the spears are on our bikes?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 01:05:34 PM by 49445CVO »

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2010, 12:53:39 AM »

49445CVO -

I am not familiar with "pears are on out bikes".  Can you describe or send an image?  Thanks

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2010, 02:26:26 AM »

I had this put on at BBBQ last year and it has paid for itself several times.  Like one of their ads says.  Divorce protection.  Wife is only 5'1" and she cannot help but kick the top of the lids when she gets on and off the Ultra.

Great product

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2010, 01:03:38 PM »

49445CVO -

I am not familiar with "pears are on out bikes".  Can you describe or send an image?  Thanks

Spears on the saddlebag lids... I guess they are called, the Chrome Saddlebag Lid Trim Kit

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448765409&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309149425&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309149425&bmUID=1274634122919&bmLocale=en_US
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 01:06:33 PM by 49445CVO »

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2010, 06:21:02 PM »

"Spears"   OK . ..    no, there is not a cut out on the film.    Here's how we and other who have applied the lid film do it.  Remove the "spears" then apply the film.   After application, take a razor or exacto knife and cut an  X through the film into the screw holes.   Then, place the spear back on the film, tighten down the screws  . . .  not real hard for a day or so . .   

Done it a lot, and it works great this way.   

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2010, 06:39:24 AM »

10-4. Do you have any people in Michigan who are selling or installing your product? I really would like to get it done for I am not a good do-it-yourself kinda guy esp. when it comes to applying someting and getting the bubbles out.

Topper

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2010, 01:07:07 PM »

Send me the name of your local Harley dealer and I will contact them.   Thanks.

LC110

• Elite CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust 1of 1344
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2010, 04:39:32 PM »

Just finished installing on the lids. Easy to install and looks great.
Thank you for offering the discount to us on the CVO site.
Any thought of a kit for the front of the bags. (darn heel marks)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 08:09:13 AM by OldLefty »
Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Razorback Performance Built & Tuned 113@ 122.59 HP/139.30 TQ

dark side

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2010, 08:03:31 AM »

hey micheal I just found this thread and this is what i've been looking for. question- how far up does the tank kit go. 2010 cvo ultra, and does the lids wrap down the sides of the lid or just the top. I would be going with the gloss. and from what i'm reading thanks for a great product and customer service!

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2010, 08:53:22 AM »

The lid protection covers the top of the lids, over the edges, and down about 1/2" on all sides and front and back.   The tank protection is in the crotch area, and extends about 9" or so . .   a tear drop shape.  You can get an idea by viewing the image.  The film is virtually invisible and in most cases you dont know its there unless you rub your hand over it. 

Let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2010, 05:38:43 PM »

I have those...........work great!!   :2vrolijk_21:
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

FUNGOUL

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2010, 06:01:38 PM »

Just installed the saddle bag lid covers. Can't even tell they are there except for the scratch i put in the left lid on install
 :oops: but better the Armour then the lid.

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2010, 06:56:26 PM »

;)  Keep everything very wet with the solution on the install.    Good thing that we have a free replacement warranty (just cost of postage), whenever you want.

FUNGOUL

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2010, 07:49:34 PM »

i'll live with it for awhile   :(

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2010, 10:45:19 AM »

Just ordered the hardbag lid kit.

Thanks for the discount!!

Mal
2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2010, 02:44:49 PM »

No problem.  We are happy to promote Harley Davidson and especially the CVO owners.   Read the instructions.  Take 5 minutes to watch the online install video at www.motorcyclearmor.com

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2010, 07:56:29 PM »

Mine came in today for the lids. Install was easy. Looks awesome. It should help put the divorce off (for a while anyway).
2011 FLHXSE2

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2010, 08:09:13 PM »

Good install job!  Easy wasn't it ! !

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2010, 08:38:52 PM »

Our newest product is really popular.  Protects from road rash (rock chips) on the front of your hard bag.  Check it out at www.motorcyclearmor.com

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 21 queries.