Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: saddle bag lid protection  (Read 19331 times)

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
  • Clear Coat Film Kits for Paint Protection
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
Re: saddle bag lid protection
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 03:59:05 PM »

Thanks Louis . .   I have added the info to the Vendor Discount site, offering CVO members a 20% discount.  The link should be up on the website in a few days.

Gunner

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Black
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 07:14:59 PM »

I took delivery on my new 2010 Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate UC and wanted to protect the bags.  I saw Motorcycle Armor in Sturgis last year and was impressed.  My dealer here in CO had the product in the do it yourself kit and the display of they lid with half covered and the other side scuffed.  It all looked pretty stright forward right!  I viewed the install video 4 times read the instruction 3 times.  I wanted to make sure that my bike lid looked like the display.  Well this product was a big disappointment.  Even with the discount IMO it is not worth it.  Someone suggested the clear protective film and having a professional install it.  I second that! Even using the solution supplied and soaking everything, I had a puddle under the bike, the film still scratched.  It looks worse then had I took my chances with swirling and dust!  I would not recomend this product unless the same person that does the display lids for the company were to install it with the same product.  I went back to the dealer today to see if rubbing the display would scratch and it appears to me a much tougher product then the kit I bought!

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 08:31:30 PM »

Sorry to hear you were disappointed.I thought the product went on great.Only complaint I have is a flaw in the film that looks like orangepeel in the paint.Not a big enough spot to go to the trouble of replacing the film.I,m sure the stuff will scratch,but if it saves the bag it's done it's job.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 08:37:27 AM »

Usually a "flaw" is a fingerprint in the adhesive or something that wasn't cleaned off the paint on the lid.  However, though a rarity, there may be a flaw in the film itself.   Please contact me at michael@motorcyclearmor.com and I will replace your film for you.   If you dont want to go to the trouble of replacing the lid film, I will send you a free set of our film for your Fuel Tank that protects the areas around where your jeans or leathers rub the tank while riding.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 09:11:09 AM »

I am not sure how to respond directly to "Gunner" on the public forum, however I did respond to him direct on the IM feature.   I am the representative for Motorcycle Armor.   I am also the person who prepares the displays that are seen at Harley Davidson dealerships across the country.  I can assure you that the same film that is used on the displays is the same exact film that is shipped direct to CVO clients and to Harley Davidson dealerships. 

Our product carries a 100% lifetime replacement warranty.   That means that at any time, and for any reason . .  scuffing, scratching, or even inadvertent installation "mistakes" we will replace the product at no charge, other than $9.95 for postage and handling.   We stand behind our products and are always willing to do whatever it takes to assure that everyone is pleased. 

This is the first comment of this nature that I have seen . . . ever . . . and we have sold thousands of our kits over the past few years for bagger lids, fuel tanks, side covers, fenders, trikes, etc.   You can look at the multiple "praises" for this product even here on the CVO forum. 

I have sent "Gunner" an IM and offered to meet (he says he is in Colorado . .  that's where I am also) and will do his install myself, replace his product, all free of charge per our warranty and product guarantees.   I may even throw in a free Fuel Tank or Front Fender piece . .   just to show our willingness to support our brand and our products.   If he is unable to meet me in Colorado, then hopefully he will look us up at the Rapid City Civic Center, next to the Harley Davidson Corporate area at the event in Sturgis this summer and I will do this replacement there.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 09:22:37 AM »

Do you have a kit for the batwing and fenders Michael or is it just lids?

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 10:35:16 AM »

Do not blame Motorcycle armor for a shoddy install. I have this on my bike and if you follow the instructions and take your time  --  it will come out just as stated. I have many friends that have this product, and no one ever knows it, unless you actually look for it.  THIS PRODUCT WORKS!! The guys at Motorcycle armor deserve credit for a job well done! Still waiting for the batwing piece to be introduced?

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 11:59:28 AM »

Thanks Two Harleys for the kudos.  Like I said, we are building a brand that works, and we stand behind our products.    I have many testimonies that reflect easy consumer installations . . .  here's one that just came in from Philip B.  from Boston:  "The install went fine.  A few small spots near the edges went away within 24 hours. Looks perfect.  I'm going to show the results to the HD manager." 

Again, we will do whatever it takes to please our customers.  BTW . .   the batwing kit is still in engineering . .   but I am optimistic that we will have it in a month or so.  Extensive testing is underway. (for proper fitment)

Murphy . .  we have available:
1. Bagger Lid protection
2. Front fender protection
3. Side cover protection
4. Fuel tank protection
5. Trike front and rear fender protection
6. Complete Tri-Glide and Trike Street Glide body protection (13 pcs.)

All available in glossy finish or matte for denim painted bikes.

Most of these are not on our website as yet . .   hopefully the webmaster will get off his Harley for a few days and do some work.  In the meantime, you can email me at michael@motorcyclearmor.com.  I will send you the pricing and take the CVO discount off.

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 01:58:01 PM »

Usually a "flaw" is a fingerprint in the adhesive or something that wasn't cleaned off the paint on the lid.  However, though a rarity, there may be a flaw in the film itself.   Please contact me at michael@motorcyclearmor.com and I will replace your film for you.   If you dont want to go to the trouble of replacing the lid film, I will send you a free set of our film for your Fuel Tank that protects the areas around where your jeans or leathers rub the tank while riding.

Thanks,
Michael

Can't beat that offer.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

Gunner

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 04:47:39 PM »

Michael and I have been in touch and he is going to make this right with me.   

As for 2Harleys..... good for you I am glad yours worked.  Mine didn't and I am dealing with the manufacture.  Just like I was able to voice my opinion on here so are you able to! 

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 08:02:18 PM »

Michael and I have been in touch and he is going to make this right with me.   

As for 2Harleys..... good for you I am glad yours worked.  Mine didn't and I am dealing with the manufacture.  Just like I was able to voice my opinion on here so are you able to! 

Gunner and two harleys are in complete agreement about being able to each voice our opinion's on this site   ---  where we have a diss-agreement, is when some people on this site, bash a company BEFORE contacting the manufacture. Maybe there is a possibility the product that YOU received had a blemish  --   do'nt you agree the manufacture should at least have a chance to make things right before bashing a new company on the internet?  just my opinion -- whatever that is worth.  I am hoping to see a follow up on this, after Michael looks at your bike.

Gunner

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 07:57:51 PM »

Well I know that everyone including 2harleys is waiting for an update on the status of the M/C Armor.  Michael just left after installing two new lid protection sheets and the tank protection sheets (at no charge).  Seems the film I purchased was defective and the dealer had not rotated the stock out as they should have.  The appearence is like night and day.  I can't thank Michael and Motorcycle Armor enough.  My faith in them is the highest that any vendor could get!  I know that 2harleys was critical of my install even though he had not seen it, and of my voiceing my opinion on here. It has all been worked out with Michael and I will be recommending his product to anyone I see and will be showing off the product on the bike. If your in Sturgis stop by and see the Motorcycle Armor staff, they are going to have a full like of great products from what I was told.

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 08:17:06 PM »

Well I know that everyone including 2harleys is waiting for an update on the status of the M/C Armor.  Michael just left after installing two new lid protection sheets and the tank protection sheets (at no charge).  Seems the film I purchased was defective and the dealer had not rotated the stock out as they should have.  The appearence is like night and day.  I can't thank Michael and Motorcycle Armor enough.  My faith in them is the highest that any vendor could get!  I know that 2harleys was critical of my install even though he had not seen it, and of my voiceing my opinion on here. It has all been worked out with Michael and I will be recommending his product to anyone I see and will be showing off the product on the bike. If your in Sturgis stop by and see the Motorcycle Armor staff, they are going to have a full like of great products from what I was told.

I appologize for being critical of your install.  And I am very happy that Michael took such good care of you with lightning fast response. The quote I made in an earlier post still stands   -----  (maybe there is a possibility the product that YOU received had a blemish  --   do'nt you agree the manufacture should at least have a chance to make things right before bashing a new company on the internet?)

Maybe next time I should not jump to conclusions that you installed wrong  ----   and maybe you should try to work things out with the company you are having problems with, before telling everyone on the internet that their product is no good.  We both live in Colorado ---  no hard feelings on this end  -- hope to see your new bike someday.  Ride safe and keep the oily side down.     Michael, what is with having to rotate the stock?? What is the shelf life on this product??  How do we know if we are getting fresh product when we buy it from a dealer??

Gunner

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 08:25:00 PM »

As I said before we are both entitled to our opinions.  No hard feelings here!  Ride safe!

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 10:06:35 PM »

It was a pleasure to meet Gunner and re-install MA on his beautiful new CVO.   With both of us being within a few miles, it was an easy respond.
Here's the deal.   The film that he had purchased from the local dealer was a part of a recall from over a year ago.   The problem was a "line" which looked like a scratch down the center of the film.   Gunner's install was good . .   the film was in fact defective. 

We sent out very few of these kits, and immediately followed up and did dealer exchanges (involved shipments to about 6 dealers). The dealer where Gunner purchased his kit apparently had mixed inventory, and did not return just the defective kits . .   maybe it was just one that remained mixed with the new inventory (who knows) . .  the one Gunner purchased, maybe it was more.   Their inventory consisted of about 20 kits . .  and 20 were returned to us and the film was destroyed.   They have purchased maybe 40 kits since then - and with high inventory turn over it is only bad luck that Gunner ended up with this kit.   I believe their current inventory is good inventory, however I will, tomorrow, remove all of their inventory and replace it with new inventory just to make sure this does not happen again.

All other dealer shipments have been exchanged, again, over a year ago, and there have been no complaints of mixed inventory. 

Again, this was a fluke, and as a responsible manufacturer / supplier we stand behind our products.   A quick resolution of this problem on Gunner's bike is an example of that.    Had this happened in another state where we were not so close, we would immediately send a replacement and do whatever was necessary to make the situation right with the customer.   The lifetime warranty on our products means just that . .   a lifetime, as long as the bike in on the road!

Thanks to Gunner for his willingness to expose this problem and thanks for his graciousness in allowing us to make it right.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.