Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Cleaning Products...?  (Read 10505 times)

duck_fan_doug

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Cleaning Products...?
« on: April 20, 2006, 10:51:21 AM »

OK, time to give my Scooter a bath.  I am looking for Wash/Wax/Polish/Drying recomendations.

Thanks for your time!

FLSTFSE2
Awaiting Dyno Date for Install: Rinehart 2-1, Zippers A/C, Zippers 50MM Throttlebody, Zippers Intake Manifold and SERT

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Cleaning Products...?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 11:29:52 AM »

Try looking under other topics section. They have a thread going on right now. With some good info.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 FLTRXSE BLACK & BLUE
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 11:46:59 AM »

My bike is a fair weather pavement princess. Thus, I rarely ever wash it with water, no need. So I wont spend too much time on it except to say wash it and blow dry it with the air hose.

Now for the finer art of detailing...

Prior to a good application of product, you need to get the reminance of the old stuff off. If you have access to Body Shop Product Distribution, Sikkens M600. A wax and grease remover for paint prep. Will remove everything to start fresh, without harming paint. If you do not have that access, use Spraway Glass Cleaner. You know the maid on the can stuff that has been around since, well...a long time. Don't be shy cover that puppy, foam her up and wipe it off. You now have bare paint & chrome to work with.

I live, eat, & breath two product lines. 3m & Britemax

3m-Polishing Pad Glaze, a product designed for dark color cars to polish & remove scratches. Works well. Also works great on Chrome, removes fine scratches & polishes well.

3m-Hand Glaze, follow up the Polishing Pad Glaze with a good ole-fashion rub of Hand Glaze. Use it on the Chrome too, puts a coat on to protect the chrome.

3m-Gloss Enhancer, a spray detailer to keep it clean after all that work. Not my favorite product, gets greasy.

All the above to be used with micro-fibers. If you arent a micro-fiber fan (You will be eventually) you can always use ole-faithful Bounty. Lint free & abrasive free. However, Bounty needs to be fresh. Cannot be old rolls. The trick to bounty is the bonding agent in the parper towel will get abrasive if its old. So if your an anal retentive freak like me, then you'll always have fresh Bounty on-hand. Moving on, the 2nd product line is...

Britemax, a small auto cleaning chemical company out of MA. They originally started in CT. They have had meetings with 3m about their chemical make-up of their products. In-short, 3m wanted to know how they know what they know.

Britemax-#4 Black Max, similar to Polishing Pad Glaze. Side by side, I see no difference, both excellent.

Britemax-#6 Max Shine, final coat to protect the Chrome & Paint. Same concept as the Hand Glaze

Britemax-Spray N Shine, The Bomb! The Dilly! The Cat's Meow! By far, the best spray detailer on the market. I have tried them all. Ill even list a few.

Meguire's Quick Detailer - OK
Meguire's Mirror Glaze Line, Final Inspection #34 - Good
Zymol - Spray Detailer - Good
3m Gloss Enhancer - OK, Greasy
Black Magic - Bad, Very Greasy
Meguire's Quick Wax - Bad
Turtle Wax, Spray Wax - Bad, Greasy

You'll end up using the Spray N Shine for everything. I buy it by the gallon. Wipe the trucks down (2-Harley Trucks F150 & F250), windows, everything. OMG awesome on windsows.

Then my last and final tip, do not be lazy or concervative, do not try to do the whole bike with one pice of Bounty or microfiber. Change out often. You can never change out too often. The more paper towels you use or more micro fibers, just reduces the chance of picking up that one little piece of grime that you could potentially scratch other areas of the bike with.

Happy cleaning.
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 01:23:02 PM »

My bike is a fair weather pavement princess. Thus, I rarely ever wash it with water, no need. So I wont spend too much time on it except to say wash it and blow dry it with the air hose.

Prior to a good application of product, you need to get the reminance of the old stuff off. If you have access to Body Shop Product Distribution, Sikkens M600. A wax and grease remover for paint prep. Will remove everything to start fresh, without harming paint. If you do not have that access, use Spraway Glass Cleaner. You know the maid on the can stuff that has been around since, well...a long time. Don't be shy cover that puppy, foam her up and wipe it off. You now have bare paint & chrome to work with.

3m-Polishing Pad Glaze, a product designed for dark color cars to polish & remove scratches. Works well. Also works great on Chrome, removes fine scratches & polishes well.

3m-Hand Glaze, follow up the Polishing Pad Glaze with a good ole-fashion rub of Hand Glaze. Use it on the Chrome too, puts a coat on to protect the chrome.

3m-Gloss Enhancer, a spray detailer to keep it clean after all that work. Not my favorite product, gets greasy.

All the above to be used with micro-fibers. If you arent a micro-fiber fan (You will be eventually) you can always use ole-faithful Bounty. Lint free & abrasive free. However, Bounty needs to be fresh. Cannot be old rolls. The trick to bounty is the bonding agent in the parper towel will get abrasive if its old. So if your an anal retentive freak like me, then you'll always have fresh Bounty on-hand. Moving on, the 2nd product line is...

Britemax, a small auto cleaning chemical company out of MA. They originally started in CT. They have had meetings with 3m about their chemical make-up of their products. In-short, 3m wanted to know how they know what they know.

Britemax-#4 Black Max, similar to Polishing Pad Glaze. Side by side, I see no difference, both excellent.

Britemax-#6 Max Shine, final coat to protect the Chrome & Paint. Same concept as the Hand Glaze

Britemax-Spray N Shine, The Bomb! The Dilly! The Cat's Meow! By far, the best spray detailer on the market. I have tried them all. Ill even list a few.

You'll end up using the Spray N Shine for everything. I buy it by the gallon. Wipe the trucks down (2-Harley Trucks F150 & F250), windows, everything. OMG awesome on windsows.

Then my last and final tip, do not be lazy or concervative, do not try to do the whole bike with one pice of Bounty or microfiber. Change out often. You can never change out too often. The more paper towels you use or more micro fibers, just reduces the chance of picking up that one little piece of grime that you could potentially scratch other areas of the bike with.

Happy cleaning.

Where do I find these britemax products? I'm headed out to the store.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 02:09:05 PM »

Tough to find on any shelves, they havent been picked up by many of the Auto-Parts Chains.

I still buy them from Napa Auto Parts in Tolland, CT. You can try britemax.com, not sure if you can buy online or if it will direct you to a britemax dealer.
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 09:33:13 PM »

Wow, and I thought I was the "clean fanatic". Bro you got it going on. I'm going to have to copy and paste this info.
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 09:54:15 AM »

A real close friend of mine owns a body shop in CT. For years he painted show trucks as a hobby. I even got him to come out of retirement, grab a paint gun and shoot my Dyna (House of Kolor - Tangelo Orange Pearl). The trade-off was, I needed to listen to the master about keeping it up. I still call from time to time....TJ I need help!

Oh, and I forgot another spray detailer I have tried.

Race Glaze - OK, It too is a little greasy.
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 10:15:04 AM »

Wow a man after my own heart.Michael I live in CT maybe sometime we could hook up and go over your process in finer detail(No pun intended). Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 10:16:33 AM »

Where do I find these britemax products? I'm headed out to the store.

Wow, and I thought I was the "clean fanatic". Bro you got it going on. I'm going to have to copy and paste this info.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 10:17:33 AM by Rjob749 »

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 10:34:10 AM »

Big Daddy,

I moved to a little over a year ago. But you look familiar. I had replied to another post you had going, I think it was in Harley f150 category and asked your name.

Clinton, CT correct?
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

Big Al

• If not now, when?
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2002 FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO3: 2024 RA1250SE
    • T. Allan Hamilton
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 10:58:16 AM »

I like the Crystal-Glo Acrylic wash and polish.

http://www.crystal-glo.com

Big Al
1999 FLHTCU/I w. Hack (Kaz' ride)- Sold
2006 FLHTCUSE- Hit a deer- Written off
2013 Tri-glide- Sold
2012 BMW K1600GTL- Commuter
2016 FLTRU Road Glide Ultra Limited- Sold
2024 RA1250-SE- CVO Pan America

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 01:16:11 PM »

Big Daddy,

I moved to a little over a year ago. But you look familiar. I had replied to another post you had going, I think it was in Harley f150 category and asked your name.

Clinton, CT correct?
Yes Clinton, The name is John
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 02:09:27 PM »

Tough to find on any shelves, they havent been picked up by many of the Auto-Parts Chains.

I still buy them from Napa Auto Parts in Tolland, CT. You can try britemax.com, not sure if you can buy online or if it will direct you to a britemax dealer.
I have been using, Eagle one, spray on quick detailer. It works good, i dont notice any greasyness, for wax I use the Crystal Glo, good stuff but dont let it dry on the fiberglass, hell, dont let it dry on anything. I also am a microfiber enthusiast, I dont know what I did with out these babies, and I get them at Wally world, AKA Walmart for cheeeeeeeeep!
2004 SEEG Orange/Black

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006, 07:15:49 PM »

Michael, ever make your way thru the Memphis area I will have a place for you to stay!! ;D

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 07:39:11 PM »

Yes Clinton, The name is John

John Q Clinton (Big Daddy PurpleSERK)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 07:39:37 PM by SPIDERMAN »

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 07:50:46 PM »

Hey Spidey sent out the Spidey signal.Getting mauled all over the place tonite >:(

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 08:02:09 PM »

Thanks for the hospitality JR...

I'll be sure to load up the Rubbermaids with the detailing goodies. Do you have a bike lift or do I need to put that in the trailer too?

Also, FYI...I spoke to Chris @ Napa-Tolland, CT and he will ship Britemax Products anywhere in the continental USA & Canada. Just mention Harley Michael in FL and he will take care of you.

2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 08:08:40 PM »

Hey Spidey sent out the Spidey signal.Getting mauled all over the place tonite >:(

The weak perish and the stong survive. You can take anything I can dish brother  ;)

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 08:29:20 PM »

Ain't you Bro.Check out my latest posts and you'll see.I got thick skin its all in fun. Be good Bro

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2006, 02:54:59 AM »

Big Daddy,

Nice to meet you John. You look like a guy I knew, his name is Rob. He was from the area. He worked for Ralphy @ Brothers for a while. Then he moved on to Gengras in E.HTFD.

Maybe we can catch up on your next trip to FL.
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2006, 12:04:11 PM »

I thought you live in CT? We ride every Sunday leaving from North Branford.PM me and we could exchange numbers. Later,Q

MOD MAN

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2006, 07:10:52 PM »

So Britemax is the best product

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2006, 07:32:58 PM »

All of Britemax's products are equal to 3m in my opinion. If I was asked, are they better? Nothing noticably better than 3m. Except for the Spray N Shine! By far the best I have ever used. In my earlier post I listed some comparisons. And I only listed the ones that came to memory.

The winner...
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2006, 04:06:40 PM »

I still buy them[highlight] from Napa Auto Parts in Tolland, CT. You can try britemax.com, [/highlight]not sure if you can buy online or if it will direct you to a britemax dealer.

Found it here for purchase online..
http://www.highwayshine.com/dbID/194.html
$13.95 for a 24oz bottle

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2006, 12:16:28 PM »

Have you tried the #6s yet? I detailed both HD trucks this weekend. Washed, then Extreme Elements my HD F250 on Saturday. Washed, then Ultra Glossed my wifes HD F150.

Of course, #6s spray detailed both on Sunday night to keep-em fresh lookin.

Love that stuff...
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2006, 02:13:23 PM »

Mothers Makes some good cleaning products, and a very good detailer.

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2006, 07:02:58 PM »

Happy cleaning.

Have you heard of Glare Professional Polish? Supposed to be the best ever. I ordered some and will give a review as soon as I try it.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2006, 07:45:46 AM »

I think there is an earlier post on the Glare products.Stuff looks good. I recently tried Meguiars NXT synthectic wax and the stuff goes on a little bit greasy but it gives that deep wet look were all after.But I want to try Glare,let usknow how you make out CVOwner.

lucat

• Fat Boy Screamin' Eagle 2006
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 08:40:18 AM »

Hello. I'm new in HD and in CVO but I bought these two products: Microfiber detailing cloth (part number 94663-02) and Harley spry cleaner & polish (part number 99817-99). They are very good for me and for the chrome of my bike. The microfiber cloth is fantastic. I hope this can help you. Ciao to everybody. :) [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
FLSTFSE2
Fat Boy Screamin' Eagle 2006

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 09:40:29 AM »

I use Wax Shop Super Glaze HD. Excellent product. Used for years on my show cars and bikes. It is one of the easy wax to put on and off. The make a number of detailers also that are not greasy.

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2006, 10:31:41 AM »

I think there is an earlier post on the Glare products.Stuff looks good. .But I want to try Glare,let usknow how you make out CVOwner.

WOW, This stuff is awesome!  It went on super easy and the finish is like glass! I didnt have too much time so I just did the top of one saddlebag. I didnt even clean off the old wax first. This is the stuff to get. And, I found it of all places as "Honda Glare Professional Polish" for 19.95 a bottle, so i got two. I highly recommend this stuff, I'll put the website where I got it up when I get  a chance. It was 34.95 a bottle everywhere else. When I asked the guy about it he said its the same stuff and it flys off the shelf.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2006, 10:48:52 AM »

WOW, This stuff is awesome!

TANK

• Full CVO Member
  • BIG RED II
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2006, 10:52:25 AM »

You can pick this up at the local Honda shop and save the $9 shipping fees..
TANK

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 11:06:42 AM »

I heard that Honda had some good wax and cleaning products. I will have to pick up a bottle this week.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 11:07:05 AM by BK »

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2006, 12:36:05 PM »

You can pick this up at the local Honda shop and save the $9 shipping fees..

Good idea  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]... the Honda site says it's $24.99 a bottle plus tax = $26.74
http://powersports.honda.com/the_goods/parts_and_service/detail.asp?ProductGroup=Cleaners+%26+Polishes&PartId=08732-GLR-001&PartValue=Honda+Glare+Professional+Polish&TheGoodsDir=3

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2006, 01:12:03 PM »

i think s100 makes honda cleaning products, or vyce versa.

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2006, 02:15:58 AM »

I think there is an earlier post on the Glare products.Stuff looks good. I recently tried Meguiars NXT synthectic wax and the stuff goes on a little bit greasy but it gives that deep wet look were all after.But I want to try Glare,let usknow how you make out CVOwner.
Try it, you will be pleased, easy as hell to apply and remove.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2006, 09:40:57 AM »

I ordered the Glare polish and glare Spyder for removing swirls.Should be here by thursday.

Scooterhair

• Senior CVO Member
  • DSP Member # 637.3
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2006, 10:31:58 PM »

I put soap in a hose sprayer, yes a garden hose tree sprayer. It works great and not too much presure. Then a good hand rub down. Last but not least dry it with a soft cloth. I wax a couple times a year. Done. Now its time to ride.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 03:42:35 PM by Scooterhair »
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8
2008 1500 RAM 4x4
2001 Blue FLTRSEI2
2003 Neosho trailer painted to match bike
1999 Blue Ness custom ( SOLD )
1997 Black & Champagne Wide Glide (The Wife's)
Big Ass 21' Dodge 3500

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2006, 08:43:00 PM »

I was the original post on the Glare products...since my Ultra's not here yet, I used some on my Red as a Fox'e A$$ Ducati this morning...now it is REALLY RED.  The stuff is very easy to use, and will work on all the painted/plastic surfaces, and also the windshield....stainless too.  Slicker than Owl Poop....after my ride today, got home and the bugs just wiped off with an old towel...weren't stuck as they usually are (they oughta use bug guts to glue on the space shuttle tiles), so that was a blessing in itself.  Used it on the helmet too...same result...made it look like new (an old Shoei full face)  I also bought their leather/vinyl conditioner and tried it out...also easy, and doesn't give it that "shiney" look like some other products. Haven't tried the tire product or the wheel cleaner yet, but I've got some! The Duck doesn't really have much of a sidewall on the Perelli's...you use 'em. I ordered one of the "kits" on the website for the stuff...best product I've ever used, bar none, and I used to keep my black bass boat waxed/polished ALL the time...tryed a little bit of everything, and at that point the 3M products seemed to be the best, but I think this stuff is waaaaay better.  Try it, you'll like it!!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2006, 11:13:26 PM »

I put soap in a hose sprayer, yes a garden hose tree sprayer. It works great and not too much presure. Then a good hand rub down. Last but not least dry it with a soft cloth. I wax a couple times a year. Done. Now its time to ride.
No offense, but I cant see using a hose on the bike. Too many switches and places for water to hide and bite you in the ass at the most inopportune moment. Again, this stuff is unbeleivable, funny, I have to buy it at Honda, or I pay almost twice the price, but, hey, its a global economy right? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2004 SEEG Orange/Black

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2006, 09:09:23 AM »

Bought the Glare at the Honda dealer.  Goes on as easy as billed. Used it on the chrome as well Looks very good.  Best i have ever used?  Don't know.  Time will tell.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2006, 01:59:48 PM »

Bought the Glare at the Honda dealer.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2006, 03:42:14 PM »

The manufacturer of Glare says it will last up to 3 years preventing oxidation and generally looking great.  After I have had it on for awhile, I will let you know.  It did go on easier than most polish I have used.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 03:42:38 PM by GregLyon »
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2006, 04:46:41 PM »

I highly recommend this stuff, I'll put the website where I got it up when I get

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2006, 04:58:16 PM »

Well IROAR if its not the best you've ever used then tell me what your best polish would be. I like to hear everybody's opinions. Thanks,Q

Try WWW.ZAINOBROS.COM this fireman thinks it is the best!!!!!!! It is all I have used on all of my vehicles for about 5 years now. I know some on this borad have seen my vehicles. They will tell you it is the CHIT!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2006, 05:28:55 PM »

Dawg, I'm gonna give glare a shot,next up will be Zaino.Thanks for the tip. Q

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2006, 06:41:20 PM »

Hey Bro could you fill us in where you get it so cheap. Thanks!

2004 SEEG Orange/Black

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »

JR, Go to any Honda dealer, they should have it in stock. If not, or if you want to order online. Google search, Glare Professional Polish. I got an email back from Glare, asking them if the Honda stuff is the same and they said yes, All the way from Singapore no less. I'm searching for a new seat, the Mustang just never got any softer, even after 10 hours in the saddle, too stiff. Mike

Thanks for the information on the polish Mike, sorry to hear about the seat. Do you have someone that wants to buy it? What kind of seat you going to replace it with?

John  [smiley=banana.gif]

opee6969

• Senior CVO Member
  • RUMSPRINGA!!!
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2008, 05:04:21 PM »

I've been using the Mr. Clean car wash system. Spray the soap, wash the bike the old fashion way, rinse it, and spray it with the spot free rinse. No polishing necessary after 10 minutes in the sun and you're back to riding. :pepper:
'01 FLSTF
'03 FLSTS
'05 K1200LT
'15 FLTRXS
'16 FLHTKSE

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2008, 08:33:31 PM »

I've been using the Mr. Clean car wash system. Spray the soap, wash the bike the old fashion way, rinse it, and spray it with the spot free rinse. No polishing necessary after 10 minutes in the sun and you're back to riding. :pepper:

Bubba_T bought one of these during one of his many business trips to San Diego from Miss. and left it in my garage for me to use (as well as him on his next trip)  The rinse setting doesn't produce much of a spray, so I don't use it.

B B

REGGAB

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2008, 09:15:54 PM »

Bubba_T bought one of these during one of his many business trips to San Diego from Miss. and left it in my garage for me to use (as well as him on his next trip)  The rinse setting doesn't produce much of a spray, so I don't use it.

B B

I use that system to wash the cages.  The actual "rinse" setting is mighty forceful.  I think the setting to which BB refers is the low pressure ionized water spray setting, which creates the sheeting action, which is supposed to to leave a spot free/streak free shine.  It works pretty good on the cages, but have not used it on the motorcycles.

NW_FLSTRSE3_2009

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O&B
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2009, 03:26:39 PM »

I used to use nothing but Meguires carnuba wax on my black ghost flame paintjob.  It really made the flames pop.  A friend of mine with a very nice Black Vette introduced me to Zaino products.  Very very nice.  You need to follow instructions and even ordering the product can be confusing.  But this stuff works well, check it out.  I will be using this on my 09 SERG.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc
Servin our Country since 1980.
USMC 1980-1992
Since then workin on the border...

navdav51

• Senior CVO Member
  • US Navy Retired, Old Antarctic Explorer, 75-78

• CVO1: 2009 Silver SERG
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2009, 10:53:17 PM »

how about some before and after pics of your favorite products?? :worthless:
...VETERAN....Whether active duty,retired, National Guard or reserve,is someone who wrote a check made payable to The United States of America,for an amount up to and including my life....Author unknown
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 21 queries.