Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: What Polish do you recomend ?  (Read 13556 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: What Polish do you recomend ?
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2012, 10:48:15 AM »

Why do I get the feeling you are a tight-ass lazy Biker?

Heard of RUB before.  But TALB?  Hmmm.....   And whachudoin' thinking about feeling Spiderman's ass anyway?  That's just weird.

Hey Brian, I'm frugal and lazy (and I don't sniff Glare).  Can I be a TALB too?  Are there membership numbers?  Are you the Grand Poobah? 

Puck

• Full CVO Member
  • LIVE FREE OR DIE......

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTC vivid black...45" sissy bar & 18" 1.5 apes
    • CVO3: 2008 xl1200c bobtail,low riser,gauges,lowered,tuned,fast as hell
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 02:25:49 PM »

I want to try glare but don't want to pop a cnote to "try" it...wish they made a trial kit...the 4step kit...I know it goes a long way a if they sold it for bikes that's all we'd buy...but still...why not?

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 02:36:18 PM »

I prefer Mother's  :P
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 04:58:29 PM »

I want to try glare but don't want to pop a cnote to "try" it...wish they made a trial kit...the 4step kit...I know it goes a long way a if they sold it for bikes that's all we'd buy...but still...why not?

Just buy one bottle of their polish and try that....unless you have 'damage' , swirl marks or something, that'll be all you'll need anyway.  It does last a long time once you've bonded it into the paint and don't wash it away with a strong/aggressive soap or cleaner in subsequent washings.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2012, 08:41:23 PM »

Air Glare, I get it through Aircraft Spruce. $27 for 12oz. bottle.  Boeing approved and confirmed safe (and recommended) by Glare as their finest polish available for any vehicle or any paint.  List for $49 on Glare's website and I don't know what it cost elsewhere but $27 for a bottle didn't seem to steep from Aircraft Spruce.  I'm very happy with the results. My paint was in excellent shape to start with so I never started with the four step system, just started with the professional aircraft polish.
Jesus is Lord

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 01:49:43 AM »

I use Meguires NXT Tech. WAX 2.0 & love it ... looks nice, wpies off easy & no white powder residue. A little Nevrdull shines up the inside of my mufflers real good. A damp & dry microfiber towel is all I use for the chrome.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 06:59:53 AM »

I reckon I'm in the same dog house as Spiderman  ;D I use the higher price Turtle Wax it works for me.
               Bike comes out with a great shine and gives the paint a deep mirror tone look to it "NO COMPLAINTS".

Thats two for Turtle Wax.

"Just a thought" but every one has their own prefrents as to witch polish is better  I'll start a post you state your polish of choice and show a pic on how she shines we'll see wear it gos.  

« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:26:24 AM by longlast »

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 08:07:51 AM »

I reckon I'm in the same dog house as Spiderman  ;D I use the higher price Turtle Wax it works for me.
               Bike comes out with a great shine and gives the paint a deep mirror tone look to it "NO COMPLAINTS".

Thats two for Turtle Wax.

"Just a thought" but every one has their own prefrents as to witch polish is better  I'll start a post you state your polish of choice and show a pic on how she shines we'll see wear it gos.  

That's a good idea & would be interesting to see if I could only figure out how to upload pics from my phone to here. I'm a real computer dummy.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:18:38 AM by Phantom309 »
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

tpseabird

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2012, 06:22:45 PM »

I've used a bunch of good polishes...Zaino, Klasse and Zymol.

My favorite polish is Zaino; serious wet looking shine that lasts and repels dirt/dust really good. Zaino also makes a great leather product for seats that has UV protection and keeps the leather supple. Their Z-7 wash is also good. They claim it uses "special water based lubricants to buffer the paint from scratches, swirling, or marring." Seems to work well for me.

Bottom line, Zaino is top notch stuff.

For a wax, I like Pinnacle Carnauba. The wet look is unmatched even next to Zaino, but being a wax, the shine doesn't last quite as long and it is a bit more expensive if you have "shiny bike" OCD. If smell counts, it wins hands down.

-TP
Semper Paratus!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2012, 06:40:32 PM »

You really can't tell one from another in a photo...it just can't capture the "look".

Glare, Glare, Glare...I've used 90% of the others, and they don't compare, especially with regards to longevity.  Carnuba looks good...for about a month, or until the first or second wash.  It washes off, as will any "wax".
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2012, 09:53:45 PM »

I use Zaino all the time on my car and it works great (car is white). I use Glare on my bike mainly because its black and the Glare is awesome in removing any swirl marks. Both seem to last about the same. Zaino seems to have a better shine especially when used with their Z6 Gloss Enhancer. But its so close it's hard to tell the difference. If you want to try Glare all you need is the Glare Professional Polish (unless your paint is really oxidized). Both are great.

Tonight I used Glare to get out any fine scratches and then used Zaino to top it off with a final coat of Z6. It turned out well.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:06:52 PM by DavidG »
2011 FLHXSE2

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2012, 10:26:53 PM »

I use Zaino all the time on my car and it works great (car is white). I use Glare on my bike mainly because its black and the Glare is awesome in removing any swirl marks. Both seem to last about the same. Zaino seems to have a better shine especially when used with their Z6 Gloss Enhancer. But its so close it's hard to tell the difference. If you want to try Glare all you need is the Glare Professional Polish (unless your paint is really oxidized). Both are great.

Tonight I used Glare to get out any fine scratches and then used Zaino to top it off with a final coat of Z6. It turned out well.
WOW I see why they call it "glare" because after you buy it your wife will never stop glaring at you! OUCH

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2012, 10:35:32 PM »

WOW I see why they call it "glare" because after you buy it your wife will never stop glaring at you! OUCH
Just explain that good 'make-up' is expensive, but worth it......she'll understand.  :smitten: :lips2: har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2012, 09:23:01 AM »

It lasts forever...you'll be using the same bottle, if all you do is the bike, 4 years from now.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2012, 09:57:40 AM »

It lasts forever...you'll be using the same bottle, if all you do is the bike, 4 years from now.
Good to know, ty!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.