Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Motorcycle Lifts  (Read 30162 times)

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Motorcycle Lifts
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 07:16:57 PM »

You talking about a table lift or a jack? 

If a table lift can only suggest what I've done.  Don't be afraid to drill holes in the thing.  Places to mount ratcheting straps on the rear, a ride on chock on the front and other holes to run tie down ratchet straps to front and rear as needed depending on what you are putting on or taking off to maintain stability.
Good advice.  I bought mine from Greg Smith Equipment.   Scrapped the chock that came with it for a Condor.  Added some eye hooks for straps. 

It is so much easier doing anything on the bike when I can raise the table 43".   There's no crawling around on the cold concrete any more. 
The best you've had is the best you know.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 09:26:37 PM »

Good advice.  I bought mine from Greg Smith Equipment.   Scrapped the chock that came with it for a Condor.  Added some eye hooks for straps. 

It is so much easier doing anything on the bike when I can raise the table 43".   There's no crawling around on the cold concrete any more.

I love the Condor chock added to mine.  I still put a couple of straps (each side) on the rear.  But it is so nice to just ride up on the lift and the bike stands there.  Nothing to do with your feet, no balance to gain anywhere, nothing to engage, wind, clamp or strap.  It's just there.  I love being lazy so much. 

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2014, 05:14:25 AM »

I have a pretty good jack but I always use a 10" stack of plywood I cut into 1' squared under the rear tire to help stabilyze the bike.  Just gives me piece of mind.  Although you still gotta be careful not to have a brain fart or you could sill loose the bike while letting it down if you dont set the jack lock first.
FuelMotos exhaust and tuning, Ohlins Front/Rear

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 04:26:31 PM »

I love the Condor chock added to mine.  I still put a couple of straps (each side) on the rear.  But it is so nice to just ride up on the lift and the bike stands there.  Nothing to do with your feet, no balance to gain anywhere, nothing to engage, wind, clamp or strap.  It's just there.  I love being lazy so much.

TLR,
Which model Condor chock did you install on your table lift? Is it the SC-2000? I'm looking to purchase a table lift soon and like the idea. A quick search on Amazon showed a few different models of the Condor chock. There website, I could only find the SC-2000.

Thanks, Erich.

vipersniper

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 05:01:06 PM »

What I do is use my 4 post car lift, I have two sons both with harleys so I attached two wheel chocks on it and we tie the bikes down, lift  them up and down to do work or clean with no worries works out really great.. Only problem is rail in the front and rear of the lift you have to duck under or climb over a rail to get in the center to work on one side of the bike.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 11:39:05 PM »

TLR,
Which model Condor chock did you install on your table lift? Is it the SC-2000? I'm looking to purchase a table lift soon and like the idea. A quick search on Amazon showed a few different models of the Condor chock. There website, I could only find the SC-2000.

Thanks, Erich.

I'm sorry Erich.  I had a brain fart earlier.  On my lift (and in the trailer) I don't have the Condor I've got the BikePro.  Slightly smaller footprint but has always done a good job for me.  Used them many years.  Have been around the Condors also at other places and always impressed with how well they worked too.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2014, 08:02:17 AM »

What I do is use my 4 post car lift, I have two sons both with harleys so I attached two wheel chocks on it and we tie the bikes down, lift  them up and down to do work or clean with no worries works out really great.. Only problem is rail in the front and rear of the lift you have to duck under or climb over a rail to get in the center to work on one side of the bike.

That sounds cool....any pics...please

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2014, 08:42:01 AM »

TLR,

Thanks, Erich.
SC-2000 here.  Had I thought ahead I would have gotten the PSTK-6400, which lets you use the chock on the ground as well.
The best you've had is the best you know.

vipersniper

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2014, 01:55:14 PM »

That sounds cool....any pics...please

heres a couple I found, we also use it as a bench when working on motors, easy to move them around, rebuild etc just up and down to height where needed. Its actually great for removing a engine from a bike as well.

vipersniper

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2014, 01:56:31 PM »

another one:

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2014, 08:16:13 PM »

heres a couple I found, we also use it as a bench when working on motors, easy to move them around, rebuild etc just up and down to height where needed. Its actually great for removing a engine from a bike as well.

now that is cool!!!

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2014, 10:15:44 PM »

Thanks TLR and 05Train, I'll give those a once over.

yanks178

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Citrus
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2014, 11:33:40 AM »

I have an old lift I bought at Sears and it works great.  I strap the bike down just to be safe.  I use the floorboards on each side and have never had a problem, stable as a rock!  I put mine on the lift quite a bit to clean it.  Keeps me from having to bend over (bad back) and easy to clean the wheels!

dicko

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
    • NV

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2014, 11:26:18 PM »

I have a Pit Bull lift and it is great.  I use it and abuse it, wheel the bike around the garage with no safety straps and sit on the bike at full elevation with no problems.  The lift is solid!  I think it is because the two lift bars are wider apart than the less expensive lifts.
The only downside to the lift is that it is hard to maneuver a mechanic's stool on the lift side due to the lift mechanism hanging out.  I've learned to work around it and if it really was a problem I would simply lift from the other side.
     -Dick-
-Dick-
2014 CVO Limited
Fullsac Stage I

inferno1976

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Road Glide 110th Anniversary #8
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2014, 09:42:27 AM »

Hey Dicko,  Pitbull makes a turn table you can add on.  That's what I did for the same reasons you described.  It works perfect.  Just swing it around so you can still work from the non-lift mechanism side.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.