Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Motorcycle Lifts  (Read 30163 times)

dicko

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
    • NV

Re: Motorcycle Lifts
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2014, 11:56:56 PM »

Hey Dicko,  Pitbull makes a turn table you can add on.  That's what I did for the same reasons you described.  It works perfect.  Just swing it around so you can still work from the non-lift mechanism side.
Thanks for reminding me.  I've had my Pitbull for a few years and forgot all about the turntable.  I'll order one tomorrow.
     -Dick-
-Dick-
2014 CVO Limited
Fullsac Stage I

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2014, 10:49:18 AM »

The Pitbull is great but if he has the same Sears jack I have it was only about $100. I know I know 30k or more bike on a hundred dollar lift but it has served me well for many years although I really would like a table lift, maybe some day.

dicko

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
    • NV

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2014, 11:34:04 PM »

My friend has a Sears lift and although it does the job, the lifting arms are too close together making the bike unstable on the lift.  Also, the hydraulic pressure release is either on or off.  You cannot let the bike down gently by just cracking the valve.  If you move it al all it is wide open and the bike comes crashing down.
Just saying...
     -Dick-
-Dick-
2014 CVO Limited
Fullsac Stage I

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2014, 11:18:48 AM »

My friend has a Sears lift and although it does the job, the lifting arms are too close together making the bike unstable on the lift.  Also, the hydraulic pressure release is either on or off.  You cannot let the bike down gently by just cracking the valve.  If you move it al all it is wide open and the bike comes crashing down.
Just saying...
     -Dick-
Actually if you are very careful you can ease it down, but then I have had mine for many years and I use tie down straps other than when just cleaning. I also pull the bike up to level by right handlebar when slipping the lift under it. I must admit I need a new one just haven't decided which yet. It's between Pitbull vs J&S or Table.

bjspearman04

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2014, 07:52:31 PM »

Actually if you are very careful you can ease it down, but then I have had mine for many years and I use tie down straps other than when just cleaning. I also pull the bike up to level by right handlebar when slipping the lift under it. I must admit I need a new one just haven't decided which yet. It's between Pitbull vs J&S or Table.
Agee.  Have SEARS lift and she puts my 2013 CVO EG in the air 18 inches.  Would feel better if the arms were wider, but she gets the job done.  And, as mentioned, cracked the arm slightly and she will walk my bike down nicely.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2014, 03:37:04 PM »

I bought a jack, not a table. I like it because it is light and doesn't take up too much room. It lifts the bike no problem but it just feels like the thing is gonna fall off any second. At least it causes me to get it cleaned up fast! Here is a link to the one I bought:

http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-lightweight-aluminum-motorcycle-lift-60636.html

Evo

Did you read the disclaimer?
Quickly perform routine maintenance with this handy motorcycle lift
That should give some kind of hint.
I would drill some holes and use tie down straps.
I use a Pitbull jack/lift. Very solid when you find the correct center point then mark your frame for later uses.
Mike
 :drink:

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

plustiano

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE Ultra Violet Blue/Lava Orange
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2015, 06:51:33 PM »

Bump it up! great post...So which is better J&S or Pitbull?

Firewalker

• Firewalker.
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
    • CVO2: 2007 non-CVO Road King Classic
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2015, 09:03:53 PM »

I just purchased a PRO 1200SEMAX MOTORCYCLE LIFT PACKAGE; see this site: http://www.nhproequip.com/. I am very pleased with it. It is very stable, comes with a jack, side extensions, front wheel vise.... read it for yourself. I picked it up and received a discount as well. I believe the price stated on the site is a delivered price. These folks were excellent to work with.

toddwebber

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE hard candy
    • CVO2: 2013 FXSBSE crimson
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHXSB (sold)
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2015, 02:29:31 AM »

I have a J&S. Rock solid jack. I can roll the bike around the shop, jump up and down on it with no straps..no worries. I've never used a pitibull though. It came down to those 2 brands for me as well. J&S is made here in WI...that was the deciding factor for me
Fuel Moto 113 big bore kit, Ward Performance CNC heads, Wood TW-999 cams, SE cam plate, Zippers chain tensioners, Darkhorse lower end, H beam rods, Timken bearing, SE 58mm TB, 5.3 injectors, AIM clutch, D&D Boarzilla 2/1, Dynojet Power Vision, Dynojet Target Tune, JRI rear shocks, Legend AXEO front shocks

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2015, 07:32:15 AM »

Wow Firewalker, that PRO 1200SEMAX is one fine lift. I'd never heard of NHPro Equip so never investigated what they offer. BTW, where are you located in Maine if you don't mind me asking?

plustiano - I investigated multiple jacks and eventually focused on J&S & Pitbull. Both appeared excellent and are in the same relative price range. Although the Pitbull lift height and turntable accessory was tempting, I ended up purchasing the J&S because it has a smaller storage footprint. I don't have a garage - constructed a shed where I keep my bikes, so space was an issue. I store it vertically when not in use. I don't think you'd go wrong with either J&S or Pitbull.

plustiano

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE Ultra Violet Blue/Lava Orange
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2015, 10:56:32 AM »

Thanks Kiro & Toddwebber I will be going the J&S route. Just tried to call them but went to voicemail though.

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2015, 11:01:06 AM »

Agee.  Have SEARS lift and she puts my 2013 CVO EG in the air 18 inches.  Would feel better if the arms were wider, but she gets the job done.  And, as mentioned, cracked the arm slightly and she will walk my bike down nicely.

I have the sears version as well and have used it on many different bikes.  You can drop the bike slowly with no problems. I have to tip the bike on my lower bikes but with the 2014 Limited I can just slide it under and lift her up. I only put the straps on if she is going to sit there for a longer period of time.  Typically I don't put straps on. Works great for what I do. 

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2015, 12:05:50 PM »

I too, have a craftsman lift & it works fine. I do strap it if I'm doing any maint ( pushin or pulling on parts or wrenches). I use two 3/4 pieces of plywood to drive onto (under the tires) about 10 " square. this allows the jack to clear as you pull the bike into upright vertical position.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2015, 10:48:40 AM »

I like my J & S!

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2015, 06:06:45 PM »

Nice!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.