CVO Technical > Revolution

Thinking about buying an SE V Rod  but>>>

<< < (2/7) > >>

lilbear:

--- Quote ---

Hey Greg,
As Terry said, I'm 6'1" 200lbs and I love my V. It is a blast to ride, the more I ride it the more I enjoy it. I have a Tallboy seat for mine but I didn't really like it. The seat is wider then I like, doesn't give me enough stability when cornering. To me it seemed to wide and flat. It does however work as advertised, it does give you more leg room. I've had a couple days when I put over 300 miles on with the stock SE seat. Seems like the seat just needed to break in or break me in but now it feels fine. My last bike was a XS1100 which was more of a cafe' racer style with mid controls so for me the V felt uncomfortable until I got used to the forward controls. I also installed heel rests on which allows my feet to relax a little more. If you can, take one for a ride, I understand what DC and Spiderman are saying but I love mine. I installed a PCIIIusb and the SE slip-ons and it flys if you want it to. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to talk more.

Good luck,
Ed
--- End quote ---

Hey Greg,
Ditto on what Ed says.

Texas 103:
Thaks Guys for all the responses>>>>> I think I'll go rent on here in Dallas , ride it for a day and see what I think>>> Greg  

VAZHOG:

--- Quote ---Thaks Guys for all the responses>>>>> I think I'll go rent on here in Dallas , ride it for a day and see what I think>>> Greg
--- End quote ---

SPIDERMAN:

--- Quote ---Thaks Guys for all the responses>>>>> I think I'll go rent on here in Dallas , ride it for a day and see what I think>>> Greg
--- End quote ---

Midnight Rider:
Greg,  I think it all depends on how you're built...if you're 6'3" and all legs it would be different than if you are long waisted.  At 5'8" with a 29" inseam, the forward controls are as forward as I could stand them.  The stock seat on mine was fine for just me, but I added a Sundowner with pillion so my GF could ride with me sometimes.  It is a very comfortable seat.  There are pics down in the Vrod thread.

The bike is like riding a finely tuned sports car, with almost a chopper feel to it.  Handles the curves great, and will literally blow you off the back...that back on the riders seat is there for a reason!!

The bike gets more looks from people than you would believe...I can't go anywhere without somebody commenting about how beautiful the bike is...I was jockying around with a guy in a Porche Carrera (sp?) the other day, and he pulled up next to me at a redlight, rolled down his window and commented on how awesome the bike looks and sounds.  Ride one and you'll see....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version