Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Duracell SEUC BUILT!!!!!  (Read 1782 times)

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
Duracell SEUC BUILT!!!!!
« on: December 05, 2007, 05:45:03 PM »

After too much of NO info from the Motor Company to the dealer on the where abouts of the  '08 Duracell SEUC I have on order, I decided to go on the offense this afternoon and call the Motor Company....Spoke to customer service and requested when I would see my new Duracell shipped.  He said he would look into and call me back.  The dealership owner called me about an hour later with the great news that the bike is finished and is about to be shipped!!!!  The dealership's computer showed the bike was in "process" what ever that means.  The dealership has been great with communication...the bike was originally scheduled to ship on November 8, so looks like about 30 days late.

The Motor Company actually just called me back to ensure that the dealer followed up with me.  I need a bigger Christmas Tree to fit the Duracell under!!!!!

To those of you waiting and not getting answers, call the Motor Company...414-343-8400.  Looks like they are pushing back a lot of CVOs to February - March....

napalm
napalm

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Duracell SEUC BUILT!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 05:59:37 PM »

After too much of NO info from the Motor Company to the dealer on the where abouts of the  '08 Duracell SEUC I have on order, I decided to go on the offense this afternoon and call the Motor Company....Spoke to customer service and requested when I would see my new Duracell shipped.  He said he would look into and call me back.  The dealership owner called me about an hour later with the great news that the bike is finished and is about to be shipped!!!!  The dealership's computer showed the bike was in "process" what ever that means.  The dealership has been great with communication...the bike was originally scheduled to ship on November 8, so looks like about 30 days late.

The Motor Company actually just called me back to ensure that the dealer followed up with me.  I need a bigger Christmas Tree to fit the Duracell under!!!!!

To those of you waiting and not getting answers, call the Motor Company...414-343-8400.  Looks like they are pushing back a lot of CVOs to February - March....

napalm

Glad to hear you finally have it coming, N!!

Makes NO sense to me why they would hold up production on the bikes they KNOW are already sold.  Unless they are trying to regroup on the motor issue.

Anyway, congrats on getting conformation!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 06:20:09 PM »

They Closed the plant for a week and sent every one home that may have lead to your delay. I would expect that they (HD) will close production more in the near future as well.

I'm glad that your is on the way, Merry Christmas

deucedog

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 07:40:31 PM »

Congratulations!  Remember, if you still don't have the VIN, you're not IN

Get a VIN and you'll know the shipment has gone hard.  Everything else is propaganda  :D

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 09:11:51 AM »

Congradulations on the new bike. 
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Pitsquid

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 09:19:07 AM »

Your bike should be coming along soon!! You want to hear the words invoiced though. That means bike is on its way to your dealer. Reserved means bike is built and waiting in warehouse to be shipped. In process means it is being built. Production is so far off this year it isn't even funny, they're moving orders back and even cancelling some, not sold orders though. So when you hear the words invoiced, your baby is on the way!!! Merry X-mas-  Chris

HDCrazy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '15 FLTRUSE Red (Sold)- '19 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: '15 FLTRUSE Blue (Sold)
    • CVO3: '14 FLHTKSE (Sold)
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 09:44:09 AM »

Congratulations....your wait is over!! Thanks for the translation on HD's shipping terms. My SEUC3 was due to ship on 11/15, been told 4 to 5 weeks behind schedule, hate the wait!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 04:01:06 PM »

Congrats on the good news.  And I would not be sorry about the delay, if I felt the delay was because they were fixing some of the earlier production issues.  I'd rather not have a bike in the garage that is not working as well as it can, and then trying to deal with the fixes, if a delay means the bike is going to get delivered with issues resolved.  Whatever the state of the bike though, we all know you will love it and treat it like a new baby should be treated.  Merry Christmas indeed.

:coolblue: :cherry:

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 05:19:06 PM »

Congrats on your new bike. ;D

I actually had mine at home for a day, but the dealer picked it back up after me noticing more issues with the paint.  My dealer has been super looking after my concerns and this is just another example.  I think that I've already mentioned that the MoCo is looking into my concern regarding the gold leaf overlapping on the TP lid and I should hear the outcome of that next week.

One concern I have though is all this talk about production issues and fixes required on many of the Duracells out there???  Could someone enlighten me as to what I should expect, due to the fact with snow almost to the knees here I obviously haven't ridden the bike yet and most likely won't for months to come.

Thanks in advance everyone for you comments.

Take care,
Grizzly
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 05:32:07 PM »

Napalm,
Congrats on the news :bananarock:

Hopefully the roads will stay snow & ice free so the delivery will not get delayed.  Although, I guess if the roads are covered with ice and/or snow, it will make it a little easier to wait.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 08:59:07 AM »

Congratulations Napalm!  Wow, you've been patient too.  No way MoCo can meet the planned production numbers while cutting back or suspending manufacturing.  Aren't they expecting around 3,600 SEUC3's?  That number MUST be smaller now.  I'm guessing there will be some disappointed people with canceled orders by next spring.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

GhostBagger

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 12:23:23 PM »

My local dealer has an unsold Duracell SEUC in the showroom at list price, looks real nice.

Before you all get excited and rush to buy it, remember its a long wet ride from the UK.

GhostBagger.

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 10:07:42 PM »

Probably a little difference in price too!!!!!

napalm
napalm

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 07:58:28 PM »

:apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :orange: :mango: :bananarock:

Congrats on the new scoot! It's well worth the wait!

Cerdo   
 :2vrolijk_21:
Andy

Page created in 0.307 seconds with 25 queries.