Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Evo engine hop up  (Read 4947 times)

FXR4NUT

Evo engine hop up
« on: January 28, 2008, 10:04:39 AM »

Hi bros:

Any suggestion(s) for an engine hop-up on my FXR4?

P.S. Hey RedFXR2 old buddy, haven't heard from you in a while;
What's up?

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Evo engine hop up
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 01:33:32 PM »

FXR4NUT, I moved your thread up here to the Evo section hoping you'd get some responses. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 03:37:35 PM »

Hi bros:

P.S. Hey RedFXR2 old buddy, haven't heard from you in a while;
What's up?

There's so much you can do to it. Give us an idea of what you're trying to accomplish and a budget, and you'll have a starting point. But without knowing that, the sky's the limit! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 03:41:07 PM »

There's so much you can do to it. Give us an idea of what you're trying to accomplish and a budget, and you'll have a starting point. But without knowing that, the sky's the limit! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Wait a minute here, Howie, did you use the "B" word?? I think you use the government budget model on your builds! "When out of money, print more!"

RedFXR2

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 08:59:45 AM »

Hoist! 8)

Hoist is right.  I'd say to think about your ultimate goal and then start wading through the array of aftermarket parts.  When I "did" mine, I thought about tradeoffs between performance and reliability, and cost versus actual performance gains, that sort of thing.  There's always more that you can do but at some point most folks will ask "is it really worth it?".

Therre's a book called "101 Performance Projects for Harley Davidson Evolution Big Twins and Sportsters" that I highly recommend.  It talks about all kinds of things and has a really good section on cam selection guidelines.  Cylinder heads can be purchased from HD (SE) or S&S or Edelbrock and others or you can have the stock ones re-worked.  Cost for each option becomes a factor versus results.  SE heads for Evos can be had brand new via ebay for deep discounts.

Lots to think about.  Bottom line--come up with a plan or goal, talk to folks who have been there, and figure out how much each step or component will cost versus payback in seat of the pants performance factors.  And me, I figured in the CVO theme as part of the game (I started out looking at S&S heads but went with SE as part of the CVO theme.  But I allowed myself to vary in cams because no SE cam had the specs I wanted, and so many Evo guys talked about Andrews.

Have fun.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.