Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Riding buddy passed  (Read 2153 times)

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
Riding buddy passed
« on: April 24, 2018, 06:59:57 PM »

Long time friend  and mentor of mine died unexpectantly back in January while down in Arizona.  He had a heart attack back in November and was rushed to the hospital where they ended up having to do open heart surgery. Things were going fine he was recouping well.  Later his doctor thought it would be a good time to give him a full body scan at which time it was discovered he had a couple tumors in his brain and also his lungs. Not good...

He came back too Washington for a few days during xmas and we meet for lunch along with another longtime friend.  He appeared a bit weak from the surgery but up beat and was looking forward to beginning his treatment program after the first of the year.

Soon we parted and right after new years I got a call that he'd started throwing up and was having trouble breathing so they took back into the hospital and attempted to insert a ventilator so he could breath easier and he died. Shook me pretty good I wasn't prepared for that result when I had just seen him a few days before.
I'm Very happy I had a chance when he was up to tell him how much he meant to me and I thought we'd see each other soon since a I was planning on coming down his way for a visit during spring baseball.
Just a reminder to make sure you tell those you care about how much you love em. 

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Riding buddy passed
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 07:26:47 PM »

Very sorry for your loss. Sounds like it was a tough one but you're handling it well. Life is fleeting. None of us should waste it.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 11:10:22 PM »

Condolences.  Good that you got to tell him how much he meant to you. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 07:15:29 AM »

SORRY  for your loss of a good friend.just know that thru the Lord Jesus Christ, you will see him again (hopefully not soon, as you stated however). Praying for you, for peace & comfort as only the Lord can give you.

RIDE SAFE !      BE CAREFUL !         :orange:
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 09:29:59 AM »

SORRY  for your loss of a good friend.just know that thru the Lord Jesus Christ, you will see him again (hopefully not soon, as you stated however). Praying for you, for peace & comfort as only the Lord can give you.

RIDE SAFE !      BE CAREFUL !         :orange:
What Ray said!

BigLew

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 24 queries.