CVO Technical > General CVO discussion

How many 110's are untouched at 25K miles or more?

(1/38) > >>

cahdbiker:
Hello Guys, just wondering how many 110's are stock or maybe stage one modified that are still running well with 25K miles or more on them. I have complained about my lifters ticking at 3 thousand RPM and initially the fifth gear wine. At this point the fifth gear wine seems to be getting less and less Any other engine noises are the same as when it was new. I don't want to take my bike in and have the cam bearings, lifters etc replaced if not needed. I have extended my warranty to 2020 so if the engine goes out I will be covered. For the record my motor runs great except for the lifter noise at 3K. Also I would like to mention that on cold start up the engine is quiet (no lifter noise).  I am only at 22k on my 09. I missed a year because of back surgery. Most of my rides are long distance. I drive it locally twice a month just for kicks. All feedback will help me decide if I need to be proactive regarding lifters and cam bearings. Thanks in advance.CAHDBIKER

cvosjoe:
My 2015 FLTRUSE has 34k on it and doesn’t sound any different than when it was new. Engine runs well. Stock with Fullsac DX and 2.25 baffles.

Break shot:
Well I find this discourageing ,, just bought mine has 118 k on the frame engine and trans replaced about 22k ago seems ok but I know little , and here I bought this bike cause I thought my 82 shovel head would be less dependable ,, it's got 8k on total rebuild , I might have to rethink selling it,,

cahdbiker:
Break shot, don't get bummed out. My bike still sounds exactly like it did the day I picked it up. The oil use is absolutely minimal. I just want to see how many people do a cautionary replacement of lifters and cam bearings and how many people just let it ride and do their services on a regular basis and see what happens as they build up miles. I know there have been many major catastrophies posted on this site. However, what I am looking for is the people who since their bikes are working fine haven't posted anything negative. Just for the record I don't baby my bike. I have been thru the desert at 115 degrees fully loaded with passenger, and also been over Independence Pass in Colorado with snow on the ground. It runs great every time. CAHDBIKER

--- Quote from: Break shot on February 01, 2016, 08:16:48 PM ---Well I find this discourageing ,, just bought mine has 118 k on the frame engine and trans replaced about 22k ago seems ok but I know little , and here I bought this bike cause I thought my 82 shovel head would be less dependable ,, it's got 8k on total rebuild , I might have to rethink selling it,,

--- End quote ---

hotroadking:
50+k replaced comp just now. That's all runs fine no ticking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version