CVO Technical > General CVO discussion

CVO Street Glide vs BMW K1600GTL

(1/38) > >>

Furmon:
Thinking about trading my 2011 CVO Street Glide in on a BMW K1600GTL.  Wish I could have both but not in the cards.  Like a lot about both bikes, afraid if I take a test ride on the GTL I'll want it more then the Street Glide.  Has anybody went to the GTL from a CVO. I get tired of a bike after a few years and want something different, wife doesn't agree with having two:(

spook120:
There is a thread on the 1600 forum regarding folks who went from HD to BMW.  Might be worth your while to take a look at it.  Good information.  If you buy used beware of the early bikes as they a bunch of issues.  Good luck. Spook

JCZ:
Yes, there are at least a couple on this forum that I know.  One still has the Harley also.

Chuck (CAP) has rode every state of the continental US on his 1600.  He rolled over from an 09 SERG.  Said he has no regreats.  Look for posts under his name.

FLHTCUSE7:
K1600 is a great bike. Engine is wonderful.

I had one of the first ones. Lots of small issues that added up being annoying. I would definitely buy one again.

Ride one and see for yourself. It's a great ride in anyway. Speeding tickets will be an issue.

Sarhan:
I had a test bike from BMW dealer for 3 days, outstanding no complains only I had issues with setting position, foot rest, and once you exceeds 120km you will not be able to hear the music, rather then that the bike is perfect

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version