Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fork size on 09 CVO Road Glide  (Read 1163 times)

hbens

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Candy Cobalt/Starlight Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 SESG Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
Fork size on 09 CVO Road Glide
« on: September 18, 2012, 09:04:25 AM »

Does anyone know the size of the front forks on a 2009 CVO Road Glide.
My friend is putting in Ricor Intimidator inserts and the instructions mention 5W fork oil for 39-41mm forks and 10W for 49mm forks.
What size forks are on his bike, and how much in ounces of what weight oil should he put it?
I've looked in my troubleshooting, maintenance, and supplement manuals with no luck. I've also googled the question with the same results.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity!

Dragula 2 into 1, S&S 640 EZ start cams pistons (10.8 compression) flywheel and Timken bearing, Vee Twin Racing Stage IV ported heads, K&N air cleaner, Power Vision with WBO2 auto tuner, king tour pak, solo & two up mounts, pass. floor boards, Headwinds spot/turn signal lights, zumo 660 GPS, ssaddlebag guard & pouches, Progress Suspension cartridg

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Fork size on 09 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 10:28:50 AM »

41mm. For the fluid amount use ricor's specs with their parts.

hbens

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Candy Cobalt/Starlight Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 SESG Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 12:29:27 PM »

Thanks HD-Dude.
In their recipe they call out 10w oil for the 41mm shocks yet they sold my friend 5w oil.
He told them exactly what he was putting them in, his weight and added accessories too.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity!

Dragula 2 into 1, S&S 640 EZ start cams pistons (10.8 compression) flywheel and Timken bearing, Vee Twin Racing Stage IV ported heads, K&N air cleaner, Power Vision with WBO2 auto tuner, king tour pak, solo & two up mounts, pass. floor boards, Headwinds spot/turn signal lights, zumo 660 GPS, ssaddlebag guard & pouches, Progress Suspension cartridg

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 08:33:59 AM »

My instructions called for 5W Amsoil fork oil.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 22 queries.