Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bike Soap  (Read 1673 times)

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
Bike Soap
« on: March 11, 2012, 10:11:51 PM »

I've been a HD Sunwash user for a long time. I am getting ready to clean up the bike and just started wondering what everyone else is using.

What type/kind/brand of soap do you use and Why?

Supershooter

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Bike Soap
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 10:45:06 PM »

I used that Sunwash(HD product) at the bike wash in Daytona and it turned my black tires a rusty brown color.  Never again.  Presently using the Glare wash with Glasplexin in it.  :-*  har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 02:44:28 PM »

I really like this stuff:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+wash%2C+16+ounces.do?sortby=ourPicks

A little bit goes a long way. If you read up on it you will see that they tell you it helps keep dirt and stuff off the paint as you wash.  They also claim that it makes your surface slippery, which helps suspend particles.   Actually it is but it is almost like a lubricant.  I see they just came out with a wash & wax and I'm sure that this is good stuff too.  I could tell a huge difference using just the wash Vs. using any other wash, and I have used several name brands over the years and never noticed any real difference other than color, smell and bubbles.  This car wash hands down is the best I have found so far and plan on using it for all my vehicles.
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Fosterslaw

• DREAM BIKE!!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 05:46:18 AM »

I detail bikes i use mequires professional products.  I use a shampoo wash which is glossy and slippery
Then i blow it off and use synthetic sealant on EVERYTHING.  Then between washings i use
Synthetic spray detailer on EVERYTHING.  It.gives a hard gloss pop and everything washes
Off easily. I'm gonna try and attach a pic.  I also polish bikes first if customer
Wants and always my own.  Also only.microfiber sponge and towels so no spider
Type scratches.  Josh

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 06:20:43 AM »

I detail bikes i use mequires professional products.  I use a shampoo wash which is glossy and slippery
Then i blow it off and use synthetic sealant on EVERYTHING.
Mequires is all I use, if your bucket of detergent feels greasy/slippery thats a good thing as it reduces the risk of dirt scratches. However i don't wipe my chrome or paint when i wash I spray with Mequires shampoo rinse off with pressure washer, blow dry then detail bike.

Be aware when wiping with a sponge or cloth you don't pick up any road grime and rub back into your chrome and paint causing swirl marks.

spydglide,
sounds like that sunwash has some sort of degreaser in it to make your tires a rusty colour, not very good for your paint either, i remember back in 98 I picked my bike up after a service and the floor boards were that rusty brown colour, looked like the oils in the rubber was washed out making them look very old and dry.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:26:51 AM by Aussie »

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.