Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: "Ol' Maudie" Fails in Florida  (Read 8441 times)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

"Ol' Maudie" Fails in Florida
« on: March 05, 2007, 11:20:39 PM »

Ha!  Ya'll thought Ol' Maudie got out run, didn't 'ya?  Not a chance!  Had another day of absolutely fantastic Ridin' in the Sunshine State.  Tried to hook-up with BLM777, but phone-tag won out.  Anyway, after a day of hard, and I mean hard ridin', Mr. & Mrs. Barringer took us to their beautiful home and introduced us to their precious pups, and talking parrots.  Harry talks to the dogs in German, and they obey his commands immediately.  Gettinold' will have to tell ya'll about that show, right Dave?  That said, when we decided to leave the Barringer Estate, Maudie wouldn't start.  I said WTF?  I just knew it was the battery, 'cause OTIS kept tellin' me to change it out, as it is the one Maudie was born with.  Harry got the Hot-Starter, and we jumped the Ol' Girl with Harry screamin' "Hurry up Hubbard!  Let's get it to the Harley Shop before it shuts the EFI down!"  So imagine, here we are tryin' to get the seat back on, and that little friggin' screw behind the seat would not take thread, the Motor is runnin', and Harry screamin', "Hurry up Man!"  Then Dave says, "Let's just put in the trailer, and haul it up there."  Which, BTW, was probably the most practical thing to do, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO, not me, I was ridin' this bi##h 'till it won't run at all.  So.......we took off.  Harry says, "Cut your Driving Lights off!", and we run like bats out of hell to the HD-Dealer, Harry does business with.  I experienced a spark of hope when I saw the amp or volt meter, what ever the hell it is, rise up to 12.  I was confident a new battery would heal Her up, but that hope went away when we got to Seminole HD, and the old Girl was lifeless.  It was already about 6:15, and I didn't want to leave my Ride overnight.  Harry talked to those guys for me, and while Dave and I were standin' there chewin' the fat, they rolled the Ol' Girl back in the shop.  I'm all nervous and chit, thinkin' about all those wires OTIS tied together for my "hd-dude", LED lights, and all that rigg-er-ma-roe for the compressor for the air horns.  Then, here comes "Nate", the service writer, and says, "We installed a new battery, which you needed anyway, but it's your "Stator ", that has failed.  It was around 6:30, now.  I told him to go ahead and fix it, and asked how long would it take to fix it.  He told me he had to check and see if they had it, and he would let me know.  I'm a "Wild Man", now.  Then, Harry comes out of the Shop, and attempts to sit down on the curb, and forgets he has the stubby "Phillips-Head", screwdriver in his hip pocket, and "OUCH!"  I try to help him, and he says, "NO! Don't pull me!"  He finally gets up, unscathed, and we're back to pacing.  Nate appears, and informs me they have the Stator, and I instruct him to proceed, with the question, "Think you can git-er-dun by closing time?"  "We'll try", he said.  So then hogasm shows up with a pretty lady, and everybody decided we needed to go eat.  Harry went 2-up with Michelle, and Michelle let me ride her "Pumpkin", to Supper.  That was nice.  I declined at first, 'cause I just don't cotton to ridin' another person's Motorsickle, or lettin' someone ride mine.  There are only 3 people who have ever ridden Ol' Maudie.  Neal Taylor, OTIS, and BLM777.  Then, Harry said he and Michelle would take offense if I didn't, so I did.  That "Pumpkin", seemed so agile, as opposed to Ol' Maudie.  So..........we all went to eat, had a Great time with Mr. and Mrs. UnBaLaNcEd, Mr. & Mrs. Gettinold', and hogasm and his Lady.  Got back to the HD Shop around 8:00, and they were wipin' the Ol' Girl down.  All fixed, and ready to roll!  We didn't do 95 0n I-95, but we damn sure did 104 on I-4, several times.  Thanks, Harry and Michelle, Mr. and Mrs. Gettinold', and Brian and your Lady friend, for laying with me until I was Home safe.  That's what it's all about.  A Friend in need, is a Friend indeed.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD     
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: "Ol' Maudie" Fails in Florida
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 12:39:39 AM »

Sounds like a broken charging system led to a good meal with good friends.  That's hard to beat Carl.  Good to read and it sounds like everyone is having a good time.  Enjoy it some more tomorrow for the rest of us  :2vrolijk_21: .

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 02:27:29 AM »

Sorry to hear of the glitch in Ol' Maudie's gitty up, but it sounds like she's back in form.  Thanks for the oration on the evening's events and details of a great resultant evening with friends.

Enjoy, one and all :bananarock:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 04:13:21 AM »

My only regret is that I was not there with you guys.  I know you enjoyed yourselves.  Thanks so much for relaying the ride reports.   ;)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 09:11:56 AM »

Sounds like you had a great time! Probably good you didn't change the battery cause the stator going out could have causes the new battery to go as well :oops:

Where are the pics???

:worthless:

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 09:50:10 AM »

How long are you guys staying down there? 
We are headed down Thurs and staying til Sunday.
Let me know where you guys will be hanging out.

TimBone

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 11:14:22 AM »

sounds like you made out ok,  i can see how you feel about ridin someone elses' bike, or letting them ride yours.

thats whats good about this crowd though they wouldn't think twice about offering up a bike
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 12:31:47 PM »

Ha!  Ya'll thought Ol' Maudie got out run, didn't 'ya?  Not a chance! 
HUBBARD     

Hub

You keep playing with those 103's and 110's and wonder why Maude is faster. (Earth to Carl, come in Carl)
Bring her on back here for the wedding and I will let the Frontier exercise ol Maude a little.
Sounds like she needs it!
As Spydy would say,, 104 "Har"
Was that third or fourth gear?

See ya soon my friend!
Be safe on the trip back.
I'm betting that Denali will run faster than 104!
Even hauling the "Lead Sled"

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 04:49:16 PM »

Man that's no failure.  That's just routine maintenance on a hog. :bananarock:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 04:53:51 PM »

Man that's no failure.  That's just routine maintenance on a hog. :bananarock:

Jerry, I'm pretty sure he was bragging and not complaining.  After all, the way Maude often gets ridden Carl's always half worried that "failure" means "blowed up."  Any failure that don't leave spare parts scattered along 1000 feet of Interstate is a good thing in Maude's book.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 04:55:53 PM »

No Hub, I didn't think the thread was about you losing. Since the originator of the thread was you. I figure when Chip dusts you, he'll race to the nearest internet cafe and post it before you can catch him  :D

B B

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 05:58:22 PM »

Jerry, I'm pretty sure he was bragging and not complaining.  After all, the way Maude often gets ridden Carl's always half worried that "failure" means "blowed up."  Any failure that don't leave spare parts scattered along 1000 feet of Interstate is a good thing in Maude's book.
I can relate to that.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 10:39:52 PM »

No Hub, I didn't think the thread was about you losing. Since the originator of the thread was you. I figure when Chip dusts you, he'll race to the nearest internet cafe and post it before you can catch him  :D

B B
LMAO
no doubt

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 01:22:22 AM »

Sounds like a broken charging system led to a good meal with good friends.  That's hard to beat Carl.  Good to read and it sounds like everyone is having a good time.  Enjoy it some more tomorrow for the rest of us  :2vrolijk_21: .

We did, indeed, have a Great time Tuesday.  Even though Harry turned a 2 hour trip into 6 each way, we all had a blast!  :huepfenlol2: Got back to the Hotel at 10:00 p.m., and was "whooped", if you know what I mean.  We didn't break any speed records, but we were consistent as hell.  I was in extreme pain in the Hip area, so I wasn't at my best in the WFO mode.  I know, I know, gotta' get somethin' done about that.  :nixweiss: The only down time we had was with Harry trying to re-install the "hd-dude", LED's that OTIS originally installed.  Harry worked and worked, but it was just too damn hot for the silicone to stick.  Then, hogasm had to shoot some juice into his clutch, and we were all good as new.  Clay, BLM777's son, took real good care of us at the Harley Store in Crystal River, where he is the HMFIC.  BLM777 was in rare form, too!  And damned, if Gettinold' and his wife were there!  We all went to eat, and had a good time.  Sure have had the pleasure of making some good Friends on this Site.  Thanks, "Nate!"  :2vrolijk_21: Later--HUBBARD   
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 01:27:23 AM »

Sounds like you had a great time! Probably good you didn't change the battery cause the stator going out could have causes the new battery to go as well :oops:

Where are the pics???

:worthless:

"No Customers allowed in the Shop."  You know the drill.  I'm sure some will show up somewhere, though.  Later--HUBBARD
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.299 seconds with 25 queries.