Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: "Ol' Maudie" Fails in Florida  (Read 8443 times)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

"Ol' Maudie" Fails in Florida
« on: March 05, 2007, 11:20:39 PM »

Ha!  Ya'll thought Ol' Maudie got out run, didn't 'ya?  Not a chance!  Had another day of absolutely fantastic Ridin' in the Sunshine State.  Tried to hook-up with BLM777, but phone-tag won out.  Anyway, after a day of hard, and I mean hard ridin', Mr. & Mrs. Barringer took us to their beautiful home and introduced us to their precious pups, and talking parrots.  Harry talks to the dogs in German, and they obey his commands immediately.  Gettinold' will have to tell ya'll about that show, right Dave?  That said, when we decided to leave the Barringer Estate, Maudie wouldn't start.  I said WTF?  I just knew it was the battery, 'cause OTIS kept tellin' me to change it out, as it is the one Maudie was born with.  Harry got the Hot-Starter, and we jumped the Ol' Girl with Harry screamin' "Hurry up Hubbard!  Let's get it to the Harley Shop before it shuts the EFI down!"  So imagine, here we are tryin' to get the seat back on, and that little friggin' screw behind the seat would not take thread, the Motor is runnin', and Harry screamin', "Hurry up Man!"  Then Dave says, "Let's just put in the trailer, and haul it up there."  Which, BTW, was probably the most practical thing to do, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO, not me, I was ridin' this bi##h 'till it won't run at all.  So.......we took off.  Harry says, "Cut your Driving Lights off!", and we run like bats out of hell to the HD-Dealer, Harry does business with.  I experienced a spark of hope when I saw the amp or volt meter, what ever the hell it is, rise up to 12.  I was confident a new battery would heal Her up, but that hope went away when we got to Seminole HD, and the old Girl was lifeless.  It was already about 6:15, and I didn't want to leave my Ride overnight.  Harry talked to those guys for me, and while Dave and I were standin' there chewin' the fat, they rolled the Ol' Girl back in the shop.  I'm all nervous and chit, thinkin' about all those wires OTIS tied together for my "hd-dude", LED lights, and all that rigg-er-ma-roe for the compressor for the air horns.  Then, here comes "Nate", the service writer, and says, "We installed a new battery, which you needed anyway, but it's your "Stator ", that has failed.  It was around 6:30, now.  I told him to go ahead and fix it, and asked how long would it take to fix it.  He told me he had to check and see if they had it, and he would let me know.  I'm a "Wild Man", now.  Then, Harry comes out of the Shop, and attempts to sit down on the curb, and forgets he has the stubby "Phillips-Head", screwdriver in his hip pocket, and "OUCH!"  I try to help him, and he says, "NO! Don't pull me!"  He finally gets up, unscathed, and we're back to pacing.  Nate appears, and informs me they have the Stator, and I instruct him to proceed, with the question, "Think you can git-er-dun by closing time?"  "We'll try", he said.  So then hogasm shows up with a pretty lady, and everybody decided we needed to go eat.  Harry went 2-up with Michelle, and Michelle let me ride her "Pumpkin", to Supper.  That was nice.  I declined at first, 'cause I just don't cotton to ridin' another person's Motorsickle, or lettin' someone ride mine.  There are only 3 people who have ever ridden Ol' Maudie.  Neal Taylor, OTIS, and BLM777.  Then, Harry said he and Michelle would take offense if I didn't, so I did.  That "Pumpkin", seemed so agile, as opposed to Ol' Maudie.  So..........we all went to eat, had a Great time with Mr. and Mrs. UnBaLaNcEd, Mr. & Mrs. Gettinold', and hogasm and his Lady.  Got back to the HD Shop around 8:00, and they were wipin' the Ol' Girl down.  All fixed, and ready to roll!  We didn't do 95 0n I-95, but we damn sure did 104 on I-4, several times.  Thanks, Harry and Michelle, Mr. and Mrs. Gettinold', and Brian and your Lady friend, for laying with me until I was Home safe.  That's what it's all about.  A Friend in need, is a Friend indeed.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD     
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: "Ol' Maudie" Fails in Florida
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 12:39:39 AM »

Sounds like a broken charging system led to a good meal with good friends.  That's hard to beat Carl.  Good to read and it sounds like everyone is having a good time.  Enjoy it some more tomorrow for the rest of us  :2vrolijk_21: .

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 02:27:29 AM »

Sorry to hear of the glitch in Ol' Maudie's gitty up, but it sounds like she's back in form.  Thanks for the oration on the evening's events and details of a great resultant evening with friends.

Enjoy, one and all :bananarock:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 04:13:21 AM »

My only regret is that I was not there with you guys.  I know you enjoyed yourselves.  Thanks so much for relaying the ride reports.   ;)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 09:11:56 AM »

Sounds like you had a great time! Probably good you didn't change the battery cause the stator going out could have causes the new battery to go as well :oops:

Where are the pics???

:worthless:

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 09:50:10 AM »

How long are you guys staying down there? 
We are headed down Thurs and staying til Sunday.
Let me know where you guys will be hanging out.

TimBone

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 11:14:22 AM »

sounds like you made out ok,  i can see how you feel about ridin someone elses' bike, or letting them ride yours.

thats whats good about this crowd though they wouldn't think twice about offering up a bike
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 12:31:47 PM »

Ha!  Ya'll thought Ol' Maudie got out run, didn't 'ya?  Not a chance! 
HUBBARD     

Hub

You keep playing with those 103's and 110's and wonder why Maude is faster. (Earth to Carl, come in Carl)
Bring her on back here for the wedding and I will let the Frontier exercise ol Maude a little.
Sounds like she needs it!
As Spydy would say,, 104 "Har"
Was that third or fourth gear?

See ya soon my friend!
Be safe on the trip back.
I'm betting that Denali will run faster than 104!
Even hauling the "Lead Sled"

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 04:49:16 PM »

Man that's no failure.  That's just routine maintenance on a hog. :bananarock:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 04:53:51 PM »

Jerry, I'm pretty sure he was bragging and not complaining.  After all, the way Maude often gets ridden Carl's always half worried that "failure" means "blowed up."  Any failure that don't leave spare parts scattered along 1000 feet of Interstate is a good thing in Maude's book.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 04:55:53 PM »

No Hub, I didn't think the thread was about you losing. Since the originator of the thread was you. I figure when Chip dusts you, he'll race to the nearest internet cafe and post it before you can catch him  :D

B B

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 05:58:22 PM »

Jerry, I'm pretty sure he was bragging and not complaining.  After all, the way Maude often gets ridden Carl's always half worried that "failure" means "blowed up."  Any failure that don't leave spare parts scattered along 1000 feet of Interstate is a good thing in Maude's book.
I can relate to that.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 10:39:52 PM »

No Hub, I didn't think the thread was about you losing. Since the originator of the thread was you. I figure when Chip dusts you, he'll race to the nearest internet cafe and post it before you can catch him  :D

B B
LMAO
no doubt

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 01:22:22 AM »

Sounds like a broken charging system led to a good meal with good friends.  That's hard to beat Carl.  Good to read and it sounds like everyone is having a good time.  Enjoy it some more tomorrow for the rest of us  :2vrolijk_21: .

We did, indeed, have a Great time Tuesday.  Even though Harry turned a 2 hour trip into 6 each way, we all had a blast!  :huepfenlol2: Got back to the Hotel at 10:00 p.m., and was "whooped", if you know what I mean.  We didn't break any speed records, but we were consistent as hell.  I was in extreme pain in the Hip area, so I wasn't at my best in the WFO mode.  I know, I know, gotta' get somethin' done about that.  :nixweiss: The only down time we had was with Harry trying to re-install the "hd-dude", LED's that OTIS originally installed.  Harry worked and worked, but it was just too damn hot for the silicone to stick.  Then, hogasm had to shoot some juice into his clutch, and we were all good as new.  Clay, BLM777's son, took real good care of us at the Harley Store in Crystal River, where he is the HMFIC.  BLM777 was in rare form, too!  And damned, if Gettinold' and his wife were there!  We all went to eat, and had a good time.  Sure have had the pleasure of making some good Friends on this Site.  Thanks, "Nate!"  :2vrolijk_21: Later--HUBBARD   
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 01:27:23 AM »

Sounds like you had a great time! Probably good you didn't change the battery cause the stator going out could have causes the new battery to go as well :oops:

Where are the pics???

"No Customers allowed in the Shop."  You know the drill.  I'm sure some will show up somewhere, though.  Later--HUBBARD

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 01:28:58 AM »

How long are you guys staying down there? 
We are headed down Thurs and staying til Sunday.
Let me know where you guys will be hanging out.

TimBone

I'm headin' out Thursday mornin' there, TimBone.  Gotta' Go!  Later--HUBBARD

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 01:30:27 AM »

sounds like you made out ok,  i can see how you feel about ridin someone elses' bike, or letting them ride yours.

thats whats good about this crowd though they wouldn't think twice about offering up a bike

That's a fact, "Nate!"  Later--HUBBARD

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 01:46:56 AM »

Hub

You keep playing with those 103's and 110's and wonder why Maude is faster. (Earth to Carl, come in Carl)
Bring her on back here for the wedding and I will let the Frontier exercise ol Maude a little.
Sounds like she needs it!
As Spydy would say,, 104 "Har"
Was that third or fourth gear?

See ya soon my friend!
Be safe on the trip back.
I'm betting that Denali will run faster than 104!
Even hauling the "Lead Sled"

:2vrolijk_21:

Yeah, right!  Like that 95" OTIS rides!  It ain't me wantin' to try them, it's the other way around.  I wish I could make it to your and Nancy's wedding, but prior comittments have me fouled.  Don't be countin' your chickens before they hatch, on bustin' Ol' Maudie.  We'll see soon.  See ya' soon.  Besides, you need to be thinkin' about making Nancy Happy.  I wish you and Nancy, Health, Peace, Happiness, and Prosperity, all the days of your Life.  I mean that.  You guys are 2 more Friends I have, because of this Site.  Call me, a$$hole, like you promised you would, when you finished Dinner.  :huepfenlol2: Later--HUBBARD

« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 01:49:17 AM by HUBBARD »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 02:07:31 AM »

I concur, Sir.  The bunch of us were just talking about that at dinner, last evening.  Radical modifications reduce reliability, and increase cost.  That's the fleas that come with the dog.  Lots and lots of fleas, on my dog!  Sure is fun, though!  ;) Later--HUBBARD

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 02:18:47 AM »

LMAO
no doubt

Help me out there, Dad.  I'm just an ol' country boy with no education.  WTF is LMAO?  :nixweiss: Please advise.  Later--HUBBARD

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 02:46:21 AM »

B B

What if he don't "dust me", where will he race to then?  You and the Chipster sound like Dan Rather tellin' all of America, Gore won Florida.  Don't count your chickens before they hatch, there BB!  Harry and I were talking last night about Rhino, (Ronnie), when he tried to dust Ol' Maudie the other day.  I didn't go lookin' for him to race, he came lookin' for me.  And everybody's famous last words are, "You got me, BUT...........I was gaining on you!"  Yeah, they was gaining alright..............when I shut off.  But of course, Chip says I "pick" my victims.  Not true.  I really like Rhino.  He's a super salesman, with Class.  I predict the next time me and Ol' Rhino meet up, he'll have some more "Hosses", he wants to show me.  Just like my Friend Chip.  I blistered his a$$ so bad on that SEEG he had, he traded for his new Machine with a 120" Motor.  And, he has even sent that back for some "Special Attention", to the Motor, 'cause he wants to bust my ass so bad, he can taste it!  And he very well may, but he knows in his Heart of Hearts, it won't be like a walk in the park.  And even if he does, which I doubt, I'll come back and bust his a$$, and he knows it.  That what I like about Ol' Chip.  He reminds me of...............ME!  ;) Later--HUBBARD     
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 02:48:51 AM by HUBBARD »

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2007, 07:47:11 AM »

Help me out there, Dad.  I'm just an ol' country boy with no education.  WTF is LMAO?  :nixweiss: Please advise.  Later--HUBBARD

fair enough good sir

Laughing My Ass Off ..
sounds like y'all had a great time!!! :drink:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2007, 07:56:29 AM »

What if he don't "dust me", where will he race to then?  You and the Chipster sound like Dan Rather tellin' all of America, Gore won Florida.  Don't count your chickens before they hatch, there BB!  Harry and I were talking last night about Rhino, (Ronnie), when he tried to dust Ol' Maudie the other day.  I didn't go lookin' for him to race, he came lookin' for me.  And everybody's famous last words are, "You got me, BUT...........I was gaining on you!"  Yeah, they was gaining alright..............when I shut off.  But of course, Chip says I "pick" my victims.  Not true.  I really like Rhino.  He's a super salesman, with Class.  I predict the next time me and Ol' Rhino meet up, he'll have some more "Hosses", he wants to show me.  Just like my Friend Chip.  (1) I blistered his a$$ so bad on that SEEG he had, he traded for his new Machine with a 120" Motor.  And, he has even sent that back for some "Special Attention", to the Motor, 'cause he wants to bust my ass so bad, he can taste it!  And he very well may, but he knows in his Heart of Hearts, (2) it won't be like a walk in the park.  And even if he does, which I doubt, (3) I'll come back and bust his a$$, and he knows it.  That what I like about Ol' Chip.  He reminds me of...............ME!  ;) Later--HUBBARD     

Hub

Your not making the wedding  :nixweiss:, now I'm really pissed!

As for above, note the following

1) "I blistered his a$$ so bad on that SEEG he had," Only time you ever ran the SEEG was when it was stock. (hello Carl, wake up, "STOCK" easy to have braggin right when you out run a stock bike)
2) "it won't be like a walk in the park" Riding with you is never a walk in the park. But it is a chit load of fun!
3) "I'll come back and bust his a$$, and he knows it" I look forward to you getting off that stash of cash you have hoarded away to freshen up Maude.

But I am pissed about you missing the wedding! >:(

:coolblue:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2007, 08:22:28 AM »

Hub

I'll fix you.
I have sent Nancy an e mail telling her we would have to postpone the wedding cause you couldn't be there.
I also sent her your phone # so she can discuss this issue with you.

Good luck :2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2007, 07:40:18 PM »

We did, indeed, have a Great time Tuesday.  Even though Harry turned a 2 hour trip into 6 each way, we all had a blast!  :huepfenlol2: Got back to the Hotel at 10:00 p.m., and was "whooped", if you know what I mean.  We didn't break any speed records, but we were consistent as hell.  I was in extreme pain in the Hip area, so I wasn't at my best in the WFO mode.  I know, I know, gotta' get somethin' done about that.  :nixweiss: The only down time we had was with Harry trying to re-install the "hd-dude", LED's that OTIS originally installed.  Harry worked and worked, but it was just too damn hot for the silicone to stick.  Then, hogasm had to shoot some juice into his clutch, and we were all good as new.  Clay, BLM777's son, took real good care of us at the Harley Store in Crystal River, where he is the HMFIC.  BLM777 was in rare form, too!  And damned, if Gettinold' and his wife were there!  We all went to eat, and had a good time.  Sure have had the pleasure of making some good Friends on this Site.  Thanks, "Nate!"  :2vrolijk_21: Later--HUBBARD   

i'm wishin i was there, with you. glad your all having fun down there

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2007, 08:44:14 PM »

Harry Working on "OL' Maudie

Rhino

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2007, 08:57:38 PM »

What if he don't "dust me", where will he race to then?  You and the Chipster sound like Dan Rather tellin' all of America, Gore won Florida.  Don't count your chickens before they hatch, there BB!  Harry and I were talking last night about Rhino, (Ronnie), when he tried to dust Ol' Maudie the other day.  I didn't go lookin' for him to race, he came lookin' for me.  And everybody's famous last words are, "You got me, BUT...........I was gaining on you!"  Yeah, they was gaining alright..............when I shut off.  But of course, Chip says I "pick" my victims.  Not true.  I really like Rhino.  He's a super salesman, with Class.  I predict the next time me and Ol' Rhino meet up, he'll have some more "Hosses", he wants to show me.  Just like my Friend Chip.  I blistered his a$$ so bad on that SEEG he had, he traded for his new Machine with a 120" Motor.  And, he has even sent that back for some "Special Attention", to the Motor, 'cause he wants to bust my ass so bad, he can taste it!  And he very well may, but he knows in his Heart of Hearts, it won't be like a walk in the park.  And even if he does, which I doubt, I'll come back and bust his a$$, and he knows it.  That what I like about Ol' Chip.  He reminds me of...............ME!  ;) Later--HUBBARD     

Hey Hubbard, before we started on that group ride, I knew you were gonna play around, and it was fun. I did not think all that power was for looks, I figured you need a speed fix once in a while too.  I also figured you would easily fly past me. No, thats not true...  I was hoping for some miracle..yeh that's it. But after I got over it, I didn't need to see how bad it was going to be. Now ain't that a pisser. 

Hope you have a safe journey home, it was a pleasure talking and riding. When we shall meet again, I hope Ol Maudie is in the shop and you are on a loaner. 

Rhino

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2007, 11:31:31 PM »

Hey Hubbard, before we started on that group ride, I knew you were gonna play around, and it was fun. I did not think all that power was for looks, I figured you need a speed fix once in a while too.  I also figured you would easily fly past me. No, thats not true...  I was hoping for some miracle..yeh that's it. But after I got over it, I didn't need to see how bad it was going to be. Now ain't that a pisser. 

Hope you have a safe journey home, it was a pleasure talking and riding. When we shall meet again, I hope Ol Maudie is in the shop and you are on a loaner. 
Rhino

Hey Rhino!  You don't have to worry about that, Bro'.  Nobody would loan me their Motorsickle!  :confused5: It was a "Blast" though, for sure.  I'd be bettin' some more "Hosses" are boardin' in your Stable, the next time you and I meet.  ;) I wish you had been with us Tuesday.  UnBaLaNcEd could have shown you how to get from Ormand Beach to Crystal River and back, in 12 hours.  Was a pleasure meeting you Ronnie.  :2vrolijk_21: 'Till we meet again, I remain.............Later--HUBBARD 

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2007, 11:37:19 PM »

Harry Working on "OL' Maudie

Gotta' give it to Ol' Harry!  We're both crippled up, but he layed his big a$$ right down on the ground, and commenced to puttin' the fixin' to Ol' Maudie!  Thanks, Harry!  I couldn't have done it, without 'ya!  :2vrolijk_21: Later--HUBBARD

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2007, 12:37:20 AM »

I'm headin' out Thursday mornin' there, TimBone.  Gotta' Go!  Later--HUBBARD

Hub you're just leavin' cus' you're scared of Harry!

Great runnin w/ ya! even if ole Maude is a little slow  ;D

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2007, 11:31:07 AM »

I was perfectly A-OK moseying on up in the rear!
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 05:08:30 PM »

Hey Rhino!  You don't have to worry about that, Bro'.  Nobody would loan me their Motorsickle!  :confused5: It was a "Blast" though, for sure.  I'd be bettin' some more "Hosses" are boardin' in your Stable, the next time you and I meet.  ;) I wish you had been with us Tuesday.  UnBaLaNcEd could have shown you how to get from Ormand Beach to Crystal River and back, in 12 hours.  Was a pleasure meeting you Ronnie.  :2vrolijk_21: 'Till we meet again, I remain.............Later--HUBBARD 

HUB, YOU CAN RIDE ANY OF MY BIKES ANYTIME, YOU JUST GOT TO GET HERE FIRST. :2vrolijk_21: AND FOR OUR COMMANDER "HARRY" AND HIS 12 HOUR VOYAGE ACROSS THE STATE AND BACK, WHO ELSE CAN, GUIDE YOU AND WRENCH FOR YOU ANY BETTER. :huepfenlol2: HARRY & MICHELLE ARE TOP SHELF. GO HARRY..... ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY. :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 05:48:13 PM by Gettinold »
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

hogasm

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2007, 11:37:55 AM »

Hubbard, Kathy and I had a great time meeting you.

I thought this was a little funny. If yall don't know, Hub chews tobacco. Every 2 minutes he has to relieve a little tobacco juice. One time in one of his stories he was telling me he up and says Hold On I'm Spitting Tobacco. Now I know he never thought anything of this but after a while it hit me. Hoist no pun intended and you are still invited here anytime :2vrolijk_21:

Now if you ever get next to ole Hub, pay close attention to the sound  of Maudie down shifting to 4th at 80 mph. If you are not paying attention you will be behind him very fast. Hub do you know how hard it is to downshift to 4th with no clutch. You have to give it gas then slam it into 5th and do it again to get it into 4th. There endith my lession :coolblue:

Hogasm

hogasm

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2007, 11:48:21 AM »

Hubbard, some of us want to know how your talk to Otis went concerning the stator :nixweiss:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2007, 02:31:18 PM »

I thought this was a little funny. If yall don't know, Hub chews tobacco. Every 2 minutes he has to relieve a little tobacco juice. One time in one of his stories he was telling me he up and says Hold On I'm Spitting Tobacco. Now I know he never thought anything of this but after a while it hit me. Hoist no pun intended and you are still invited here anytime :2vrolijk_21:

Now if you ever get next to ole Hub, pay close attention to the sound  of Maudie down shifting to 4th at 80 mph. If you are not paying attention you will be behind him very fast. Hub do you know how hard it is to downshift to 4th with no clutch. You have to give it gas then slam it into 5th and do it again to get it into 4th. There endith my lession :coolblue:

Hogasm

Hoist = Hold On I'm Spitting Tobacco

Damn Brian
Now thats funny!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2007, 05:18:28 PM »

Hogasm

TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT, I WAS RIDING BEHIND HIM FOR 2 DAYS. :huepfenlol2:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2007, 09:45:52 PM »

Hogasm

It was a Blast meetin' ya'll, too!  I know chewin' tobacco is inconvenient as hell, but I gotta' have somethin'!  And Hoist, I didn't have nothin' to do with that acronym hogasam invented.  8) Was pretty funny though, huh?  And hell, hogasam, you know I built Ol' Maudie for the long stretch!  ;) Hardly nothin' slippin' the Ol' Girl into 4th at 80!  I like to hit 5th at around 120.  She's really barkin' then!  :2vrolijk_21: 'Em RINEHARTS change tunes at around 5900!  :huepfenlol2: Ain't done no clutchless downshifts, on purpose, as I imagine that would be non-productive to the mesh principle, :-[ but she sure does upshift smooth, clutchless.  Keep in touch.  MBBW is next.  That Rt. 22 and 38, are good places to stretch one out!  :2vrolijk_21: Later--HUBBARD 

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2007, 09:50:45 PM »

Now you know I carry my trusty little "Cuspidor", with me Gettinold!  You'll have these people thinking I'm void any class!  :huepfenlol2: Not that I give a chit, but I felt I needed to say that!  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: Later--HUBBARD
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 09:54:57 PM by HUBBARD »

hogasm

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2007, 10:38:54 AM »

:

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :oops:

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2007, 11:19:25 PM »

Hubbard is the scanner working yet ... still waiting to hear on the stator and old battery :)
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2007, 11:23:46 PM »

:

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :oops:

I did about a 150 mile round trip up to Charleston tonight. As I was riding and spitting, I couldn't help of thinking of "hoist"

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2007, 11:33:32 PM »

Hubbard is the scanner working yet ... still waiting to hear on the stator and old battery :)

Just got back from a lonnnnnng day there, Dad!  Somebody (hogasm), let the cat out of the bag before I could do the dastardly deed, and all OTIS said was, "Harry must have got that done for you for cost."  But that really wasn't enough ammo to slam his sorry a$$ with anyway.  So it's no big deal.  I will get his a$$ back for that "Dancing Elf" chit.  >:( You can believe 'dat!  Later--HUBBARD

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2007, 02:16:02 PM »

Hubbard,

You paid normal retail for your work unfortunately that was the best I could do to help out.   I helped get you in and get you taken care of at the front of the line, but that was all.  Ole Hub you just got treated fairly, now if OTIS paid more all I can say is someone should have Kissed him or greased him, based on the costs you told me he paid.   I would love to tell you they did it at my cost or theirs, but that simply isnt the case, although I wish it were.   Try to sooth ole Otis with a some type of beverage, because this might just bug him to know his buddies took advantage of him up there which is sad to hear.  If I were Otis I would probably take your receipt in Hub and ask the dealer how come they over charged me, but that is just me.

Looking forward to the Lakeland race when you head back down here Hub.   BTW a few of us are going to be headed up to Virginia area around the Memorial Day time frame if you can get away let us know.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2007, 06:22:32 PM »

Hubbard,

You paid normal retail for your work unfortunately that was the best I could do to help out.   I helped get you in and get you taken care of at the front of the line, but that was all.  Ole Hub you just got treated fairly, now if OTIS paid more all I can say is someone should have Kissed him or greased him, based on the costs you told me he paid.   I would love to tell you they did it at my cost or theirs, but that simply isnt the case, although I wish it were.   Try to sooth ole Otis with a some type of beverage, because this might just bug him to know his buddies took advantage of him up there which is sad to hear.  If I were Otis I would probably take your receipt in Hub and ask the dealer how come they over charged me, but that is just me.

Looking forward to the Lakeland race when you head back down here Hub.   BTW a few of us are going to be headed up to Virginia area around the Memorial Day time frame if you can get away let us know.

-harry

I just loaded Ol' Maudie in the FEATHERLITE, :trailer: and headin' over to the OTIS Estate to park her in the Garage.  Good idea!  I'll just show OTIS that receipt.  Wish Lakeland was this week-end.  Can't wait to get back racin'!  I appreciate you helpin' me when Ol' Maudie laid down.  Later--HUBBARD

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2007, 07:47:04 PM »

Hub, you guys runnin the Hooters series again this year?

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2007, 07:55:30 PM »

Now you know I carry my trusty little "Cuspidor", with me Gettinold!  You'll have these people thinking I'm void any class!  :huepfenlol2: Not that I give a chit, but I felt I needed to say that!  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: Later--HUBBARD

YOUR 1ST CLASS HUB :2thumbsup:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2007, 09:19:24 PM »

Hub, you guys runnin the Hooters series again this year?

Yes, Nate.  We will be running the Northern Series (9 Races), and the 5 Championship Races.  The Southern Series had their first Race in Lakeland, FL, last week-end.  Our first Race is April 14, in South Boston, Va.  You can follow each practice, Qualifying, and the Race, Live, on each Race Day, at usarprocup.com  You can also keep up with the mud-slinging and bragging, on karnac.com and scroll to the Hooters Pro-Cup link.  It's a lot of fun during Racing Season.  On that site, I'm "Road Hammer."  Have fun!  Later--HUBBARD
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 09:22:47 PM by HUBBARD »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2007, 09:34:03 PM »

kew, bring home some checkerd flags for us

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2007, 03:34:44 AM »

...BTW a few of us are going to be headed up to Virginia area around the Memorial Day time frame if you can get away let us know. -harry
Sure will like to know when you are in this area, would love to be able to put some miles down with you and Michelle again.  And in our neck of the woods?  Priceless!   :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.435 seconds with 25 queries.