Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone been to Dewey Beach, DE?  (Read 1069 times)

TankerPig

• Full CVO Member
  • Be careful, sobriety can make you do silly things!
Anyone been to Dewey Beach, DE?
« on: March 08, 2007, 08:27:14 AM »

Has anyone ridden out to Dewey Beach, Delaware during Memorial Day weekend?  Some friends and I are thinking about making the trip.  I was just wondering about the best place to stay (I'm paranoid about my bike while I go drinking).  :drink:
2005 Screamin Eagle Fatboy
V&H Big Shots Staggered
Zipper's High Flow Air Cleaner
PCIII USB
PM Contrast Cut Gasser wheels, pulley, rotors

BlueFlames

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 flhrse3 blue
Re: Anyone been to Dewey Beach, DE?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 10:06:14 AM »

Tanker,

Haven't riden there - but been there many times.  It is a wild place on the weekends, especially holiday weekends.  I would make sure you don't park it in the walking path between any ot the big bars.  There are a LOT of drunk young people milling about.  Also watch the small towns on the way - they are speed traps.  They do a lot of DWI enforcement around Dewey.  Best to walk once you start drinking.  There are a few hotels in the area, I have stayed in some, but don't recall the names.  You should have a great time.  Some of my favorite local bands will be there I am sure.

Doug
"Chrome is like clevage.......too much is not enough"

TankerPig

• Full CVO Member
  • Be careful, sobriety can make you do silly things!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 11:52:46 AM »

I've been there in the past and remember that most of the bars are within walking distance of one another.  I didn't entertain the idea of riding with any amount of beer in me.  My ride...and my hide, are important to me.

But you hit the nail on the head.  I'm paranoid about random drunk people thinking it would be funny to scratch (or worse) my bike while I'm out and about.  It's unfortunate that people can't respect another's property, but that's the world. 

Do you recall if any of the hotels you may have stayed at had a garage or something like that?
2005 Screamin Eagle Fatboy
V&H Big Shots Staggered
Zipper's High Flow Air Cleaner
PCIII USB
PM Contrast Cut Gasser wheels, pulley, rotors

BlueFlames

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 flhrse3 blue
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 03:39:51 PM »

No I don't remember any with garages.  I do remember one hotel that towed away the car of a girl I picked up at the Bottle and Cork though........
"Chrome is like clevage.......too much is not enough"

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 27 queries.