CVO Social > Off Topic

Supporting our troups - NOT!

(1/6) > >>

mrmagloo:
I'm not sure where to post this, but man this kind of crap just burns me up. West Allis, WI might make a great destination for a little CVO ride this spring!

Below is an email exchange between a friend of mine's husband and a company that sells different types of mats. He is stationed in Iraq and was inquiring as to whether or not the company ships overseas. He wanted to get the troops better gear to sleep on. This is the companies response. I am floored. I am floored as a military wife and as an American. Please repost this so that this company will hear us loud and clear that we do not stand for this. Whatever your view is on this war - these troops are just following orders. Most are passionate about what they are doing. You can disagree with the war without disrespecting our troops.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tue Jan 16 3:25

Do you ship to APO addresses? I'm in the 1st Cavalry Division stationed in Iraq and we are trying to order some mats but we are looking for who ships to APO first.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:44 PM
Subject: Re: Feedback: from discount-mats.com

SGT Hess,
We do not ship to APO addresses, and even if we did, we would NEVER ship to Iraq. If you were sensible, you and your troops would pull out of Iraq.

Bargain Suppliers
Discount-Mats.com

Entire story here:  http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/apo.asp

VaEagle:
That is really something!
I would never buy from that company!

harleyteam:
I just sent copies of that to everyone on my email list.  those people suck the big one.

HUBBARD:
Ungrateful bastards.  I'd bet that response came from a $200.00 a week clerk.  We all need to make sure the management of that Company is made aware of that heartless remark.  >:( Later--HUBBARD

Bagger:

--- Quote ---Ungrateful bastards.  I'd bet that response came from a $200.00 a week clerk.  We all need to make sure the management of that Company is made aware of that heartless remark.  >:( Later--HUBBARD
--- End quote ---

I wrote to their "contacts" address expressing my concern over their treatment of this Great American.  I hope I've done so without sinking to their level.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version