Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 2015 CVO Street Glide--Stereo/Amp  (Read 16356 times)

Rkw

Re: 2015 CVO Street Glide--Stereo/Amp
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2015, 07:43:24 AM »

@MiCro:

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/164100-avc-audio-volume-control-is-mine-broke.html

You aren't going to see the Speed Volume Control because your system (based on another thread-your existing problem) isn't allowing you to get to the control screen to adjust Bass/Treble/Fade/Speed Volume.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:05:50 AM by Rkw »

ZVO

• Dark Platimum? That’s Silver and Black
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE - Gone
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2015, 08:27:23 PM »

Clipping happens on Road Glide S also... I'll be listening to a song via an ipod and bam it goes silent for like a spli second thenthe music continues.
The Autumn Wind is a pirate.

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2015, 11:00:55 AM »

I was reading a thread recently on HD Forums regarding this issue. I believe HD has a software update to correct this, software release date was 03/25 if I remember correctly. I'll look for the thread.

mrambo4

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO3: 2015 CVO Street Glide. 2014 CVO Soft tail
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2015, 12:22:26 AM »

The CVO Boom update is 1.18.3 released Jan 19,2015.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2015, 09:50:22 PM »

guys who are experiencing the cutouts, if you are streaming your music via Bluetooth I have noticed that Bluetooth will drop the signal occasionally, not sure if that's what people are complaining about here, but you can tell the difference from the amp clipping and cutting out vs. the Bluetooth dropping out. I have experienced both, also there is some loss of signal and dynamic range when streaming over Bluetooth, get a USB memory stick and rip all your music to it in the highest quality (160-192 kbps) and plug it directly into you USB port, this will give you the best no loss signal.

If you crank the FM or XM at full volume and have the treble and bass gains at Max your amp will distort, clipping will occur and the amp will cut out, been there done that,  it’s due to the fact that the signal is just not that good and by raising the gains up to get more volume your just over amplifying a crappy signal which is even more prone to distortion & clipping, especially the treble gain, if you have this set to more than 4-5 bars above 0 you will clip at full volume guaranteed. Personally I’ve got my treble set at +2 bars anything else just over drives the speakers, clips and just sounds way to tinny to me, especially with high quality Mp3's that are ripped from an all-digital source.

try this set-up and the system wont clip at max volume

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 02:10:10 PM by EAGLE1 »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2015, 02:47:01 PM »

My system sounds great at highway speeds and I haven't experienced any of the problems others have reported. The iPod in particular sounds excellent. Radio reception and sound quality is ok but not nearly as crisp and clean as the digital music player.  My dealership just upgraded the latest firmware before I took the vehicle out of storage yesterday. Guess I've been lucky. I have increased the treble and bass settings 3 and 2 bars respectively, and adjusted the fader to favor the front speakers. I turned the ACV system off and just adjust the volume manually. So far so good.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 22 queries.