Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need advice... TTS or back to Dealer?  (Read 1019 times)

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member
Need advice... TTS or back to Dealer?
« on: September 07, 2010, 03:15:07 PM »

Background:

New 2010 FLHXSE.  Rinehart True Duals and a SEST installed before I picked it up from the dealer.  The bike ran decent, albeit generating a good amount of heat.

I took the bike to HD North Richmond and had it Dyno Tuned... to the tune of $385.00.  The bike runs good, once going down the road.  But... cold starts result in uneven idle and once warm the just off idle is not right.  Since the tune.. I have stalled the bike 3 times due to the flat spot just off idle.

Do I take it back to the dealer for another "try".  Or pony up and buy a TTS and do it myself.  I am confident in my ability to learn the software and understanding the tuning parameters.

I can't seem to find a map in the map section for a stock bike with Rinehart true duals.

Advice?
Mal
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 06:35:01 PM by Maladjusted »
2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff

dkflhxse

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE
Re: Need advice... TTS or back to Dealer?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 04:38:18 PM »

I'd take it back to my dealer and get it tuned right - shouldn't cost you anything extra IMHO since they obviously didn't tune it correctly in the first place.

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 01:54:14 PM »

what was the result?  I run those pipes on my 2010, I only had issues on start up when its cold?  I have a Thunder Max tuner, and now that I have some miles on it, the bike runs strong.  I am curious to see if Rinehart has some hiccups with these exhausts?
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

jcd520

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 06:56:45 PM »

Rineharts are probably among the worst exhaust you could own if you want real performance. (and I have a set on an 01 95" bagger) They sound really good and are obviously real popular, but that is about it. Nowadays the VH offerings seem to be the best second only to Fullsacs offerings. If you can't get satisfaction from your dealer call Steve at Fullsac. He is the best and I have heard nothing but great things about his services and tunes both on this site and word of mouth. 928 505 2912.

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.