Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: I did It  (Read 4565 times)

Dood2

• Full CVO Member
I did It
« on: September 20, 2010, 07:39:28 PM »

I did it. After much thought and some regret I traded in my 2010 CVO Convertable  and purchased a 2011 CVO Street Glide. Now before you all say how crazy I am ( you may be right ) the reason I had to let the Softail go was purely phyical. I am loaded with arthritis and any ride over 100 miles was pure hell.

Anyway I truely love the Street Glide. It is without a doubt the best cycle I ever owned , and i have owned some great bikes over my 60 years. I plan on dressing the bike slowly, starting off with exhaust and adding a few things along the way.

I am sure everyone has there own personal preferences but I am looking for the system that produces that Harley deep rumble. I don't like that hollow sound that a lot of pipes put out today.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated  and I will try to check them out.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: I did It
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 07:50:24 PM »

Congrats!!! :2vrolijk_20:

Now you going to tell us what color you got and most of all...

:worthless: :worthless:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spicy
    • CVO2: Waiting for a yellow Ultra
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 08:24:53 PM »

X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
I am a man of simple tastes, easily satisfied with the best.

Dood2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 09:24:14 PM »

Sorry, Black and Red

fastbikedroid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 09:30:45 PM »

That makes two of us (same color too!)   5 weeks and 3400 miles ahead of you ... time to get riding!  :) 
-------------------
'10 BMW R1200Rt
'11 SESG / FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
Previously '10 FLSTSE

firetae

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 09:34:33 PM »

Congrats.  I have my Autumn Haze only a week and have reached the first service check at 1600 km.  I ordered the 110 stage 1 upgrade kit from Fullsac today.  I went this route because i like the look of the stock exhaust.  Many on this site have recommended them so i will see in a few weeks how this will work out.  Enjoy the bike because i sure am.

fastbikedroid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 09:36:16 PM »

Congrats.  I have my Autumn Haze only a week and have reached the first service check at 1600 km.  I ordered the 110 stage 1 upgrade kit from Fullsac today.  I went this route because i like the look of the stock exhaust.  Many on this site have recommended them so i will see in a few weeks how this will work out.  Enjoy the bike because i sure am.

I've only had my fullsac goodies on the bike for a few days, but so far running great and tons of compliments on the sound.  Great upgrade...
-------------------
'10 BMW R1200Rt
'11 SESG / FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
Previously '10 FLSTSE

Mr_Ed

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3 Razor Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Crimson Mist
    • CVO3: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 10:52:40 PM »

I am sure everyone has there own personal preferences but I am looking for the system that produces that Harley deep rumble. I don't like that hollow sound that a lot of pipes put out today.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated  and I will try to check them out.

I have never heard a set up on a 110 motor that sounds deeper or better than true duals with CFR's....hands down  :2vrolijk_21:

Now before anyone gets their panties all bunched up lol....that's NOT saying I haven't heard any others that I like...I have...a number of them....just not as much....CFR's have a sound like no other....when combined with a 110 motor and true duals it's very deep....very bad @ss....and hearing each cylinder lite off through this setup is pure Harley V Twin music at it's best !!!

Touring is good as well.....it's there but not obnoxious....until you drop a gear, crack the throttle and wake the giant....then all hell brakes loose :6:

Mr_Ed

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 10:59:42 PM »

Oh and I forgot to say....GRATS on the bike....I did it too....couple weeks ago :2vrolijk_20:

One more thing...what I mentioned above is not the best set up if your looking to maintain/gain the most HP and Torque out of this motor...very little back pressure and a tricky tune....but the sound is addictive to say the least  ::)

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 02:16:07 AM »

I have never heard a set up on a 110 motor that sounds deeper or better than true duals with CFR's....hands down

Mr_Ed,

My dealer has CFRs waiting for me when I get to 1500 miles and they do the first service. They had never heard of them, and neither had I until I ran into a guy in Sturgis who swore them. Sounded great to me too.

What is your exact set up? They're recommending changing the headpipes and installing a SEST.

Any advice/suggestions? From my research, it looked like CFR had one product for SGs...

Thanks.
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum a.k.a Jack Sparrow
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 02:40:54 AM »

Congrats - enjoy  :2vrolijk_21:
Spiced Rum 100% stock. just as it left the factory and that's what my good lady thinks too!

heatseeker

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 10 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 02 ultra (sold)
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 04:52:37 AM »

congrasts on the bike. I have had rineharts true duals and sounded good, but on my sg i have fullsac's stage 1 kit and it is awsome. I am very pleased with sound.
Fullsac B X-Pipe
2.5" Power Cores
TTS mastertune
Fullsac map
8" Clearview shield
14" Wild 1 Reapers

Mr_Ed

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 07:40:34 AM »

Mr_Ed,

My dealer has CFRs waiting for me when I get to 1500 miles and they do the first service. They had never heard of them, and neither had I until I ran into a guy in Sturgis who swore them. Sounded great to me too.

What is your exact set up? They're recommending changing the headpipes and installing a SEST.

Any advice/suggestions? From my research, it looked like CFR had one product for SGs...

Thanks.

I had them on my 07 SERK....stock motor...Vance and Hines true duals....CFR slip-ons...and a Power Commander.  I will not do a Power Commander again...go with either a SERT or TTS.

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 03:22:32 PM »

Mr_Ed,

Thanks.

I had them on my 07 SERK....stock motor...Vance and Hines true duals....CFR slip-ons...and a Power Commander.  I will not do a Power Commander again...go with either a SERT or TTS.

Thanks for the input.
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

robertw

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUTG
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 05:45:57 PM »

Congrats on the new ride. I put reinhart slip-ons on my new FLHXSE2 and I do like the rummble, but Steve @ Fullsac told me to hang on to originals, because once his x pipe is installed it will be loud. Guess i'll find out. i've got a whopping 300 miles, but hoping to finish the break-in with a trip to Anacortes this weekend for the Oyster Run. Again congrats on the new ride. :pepper:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.