Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reach seat  (Read 1163 times)

GusGlide

• Vendor
Reach seat
« on: October 15, 2010, 04:42:26 PM »

Is there anyone out there that has tried the HD Reach seat part # 52619-08. This seat is designed to move riders with shorter inseam closer to controls and bring the legs 1" closer together so that feet rest firmly on the pavement? If you have could you let me know what your thoughts are on this seat. Thanks

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
Re: Reach seat
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 05:03:42 PM »

Ok only one way to tell this so you get the picture.  Ladies excuse us a moment.  

A friend of mine put it on his Ultra Limited.  It did everything HD claims it does, however HD failed to tell you that your balls are jammed into the tank.  They can't make a seat that fits like like and expect anyone to actually use it.  It was terrible.  

He took it back after trying to tell himself he could ride that way a couple times, actually did a 3 day ride, one day was 350 miles & he almost couldn't walk at the endo f that day.  He made the dealer take it back & got the Hammock seat which he really likes.

I sat on the reach seat out of curiousity, I am 6'4" & I didn't even fit in the seat.

Bottom line, he hated it
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
Re: Reach seat
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 06:39:17 PM »

The saddle is the most important item on your bike.  That's where you spend all most of your time.  I needed a new seat because my bsr wasn't comfortable on the stock seat.  So I go to my dealer tell him I need a new seat and (he was very helpful) we all spent about 2 hours putting on a seat then going for a 20-30 min ride....repeating over and over until we found a comfortable one.....Sometimes did not need to ride...could tell it was too high or too low just sitting on it. Sometimes dealers ARE helpful.....
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 22 queries.