Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: New CVO Street glide colour to be launched!...oh yes  (Read 82052 times)

mrambo4

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO3: 2015 CVO Street Glide. 2014 CVO Soft tail
Re: New CVO Street glide colour to be launched!...oh yes
« Reply #210 on: March 29, 2015, 01:33:25 PM »

Welcome and congrats on the new CVO street glide.

Shes110

• Life's too Short
  • Full CVO Member
  • Ride it like you stole it!!
    • FL

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE2 - sold
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - sold
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO4: 2015.5 FLHXSE
New color for 2015 CVO streetglide
« Reply #211 on: March 30, 2015, 09:16:37 PM »

Has anyone else seen the new black 2015 FLHXSE with silver ghost flames? It's not as flashy as the 4 colors they first came out with ;)...This color was a surprise to many... well, to me anyway..lol.  Just put a deposit on mine and will have it this coming weekend...the attached photo is from the HD dealer and  I'll post more pictures when I get her home. ;D
Life is not a matter of counting the years,
It's a matter of making the years count!

Shes110

• Life's too Short
  • Full CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #212 on: March 30, 2015, 09:37:11 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks that tank badge looks better than the painted decal on the first 2015 CVO Streetglides?

I wonder if that badge would cover the painted version on my hard candy Mercury, and if so, would it be a good look?

What y'all think???

I love the tank badge... I will get my 15.5 this week. :huepfenjump3:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #213 on: March 30, 2015, 09:40:14 PM »

I love the tank badge... I will get my 15.5 this week. :huepfenjump3:
That badge came in the '12's! That mid year bike looks eerily similar to the black '12.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Shes110

• Life's too Short
  • Full CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #214 on: March 30, 2015, 10:20:06 PM »

That badge came in the '12's! That mid year bike looks eerily similar to the black '12.

Actually the badge came on the 11 & the 12... My personal opinion...I like it better than the painted logo for 2015..

phantomxrt

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Streetglide (Hard Candy Mercury)
« Reply #215 on: March 30, 2015, 10:45:00 PM »

Actually the badge came on the 11 & the 12... My personal opinion...I like it better than the painted logo for 2015..

That's my opinion too. I have the hard candy and you almost need bionic vision to see the painted/silhouetted tank name.
I'm one of these fellows who, when he spends fifty thousand dollars on a Harley-Davidson, wants the entire world to see that it's a Harley-F#%king-Davidson lol.. none of this stealth / silhouette / close-an-eye-and-stand-on-one-leg-in-the-bright-sunlight artwork.

lrubio

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal / Phantom Flames
Re: New color for 2015 CVO streetglide
« Reply #216 on: March 30, 2015, 10:59:49 PM »

Has anyone else seen the new black 2015 FLHXSE with silver ghost flames? It's not as flashy as the 4 colors they first came out with ;)...This color was a surprise to many... well, to me anyway..lol.  Just put a deposit on mine and will have it this coming weekend...the attached photo is from the HD dealer and  I'll post more pictures when I get her home. ;D

I bought the new SESG in Carbon Crystal this past Saturday. It looks amazing! In the showroom it appears to be gloss black until you walk up to it. Then you realize it is actually black with silver metallic and then the ghost flames appear. Everyone at the dealership was blown away by it. Although one guy didn't care for the liquid cooled heads, but he loved the look of the bike.

When the salesman rolled it outside into the sun...wow! The metallic jumped out, not to the degree as the Hard Candy Merc, but it really popped! Anyone who gets their hands on one of these beauties wont be disappointed. I heard nothing buy praise for the colors. One guy walked up while it was still in the showroom and said "now that's a nice bike, wow, that's a REALLY NICE BIKE!" That was also my reaction. As for the flames, yup they are the same design as many previous Harley flames. There are several different versions of silver or grey that fade in and out. And the tank badge is similar to other year's, but so what it is very cool!

I bought this bike sight unseen on the advice of the HD sales manager who I've known for years. My RK was dripping with chrome because that's what I like and the salesman knew this, but he also knew the new SESG was so Bad A$$ that I would love it and I do! No regrets.

Shes110

• Life's too Short
  • Full CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #217 on: March 30, 2015, 11:30:37 PM »

I bought the new SESG in Carbon Crystal this past Saturday. It looks amazing! In the showroom it appears to be gloss black until you walk up to it. Then you realize it is actually black with silver metallic and then the ghost flames appear. Everyone at the dealership was blown away by it. Although one guy didn't care for the liquid cooled heads, but he loved the look of the bike.

When the salesman rolled it outside into the sun...wow! The metallic jumped out, not to the degree as the Hard Candy Merc, but it really popped! Anyone who gets their hands on one of these beauties wont be disappointed. I heard nothing buy praise for the colors. One guy walked up while it was still in the showroom and said "now that's a nice bike, wow, that's a REALLY NICE BIKE!" That was also my reaction. As for the flames, yup they are the same design as many previous Harley flames. There are several different versions of silver or grey that fade in and out. And the tank badge is similar to other year's, but so what it is very cool!

I bought this bike sight unseen on the advice of the HD sales manager who I've known for years. My RK was dripping with chrome because that's what I like and the salesman knew this, but he also knew the new SESG was so Bad A$$ that I would love it and I do! No regrets.

I am also a big fan of much chrome and when I walked into our local dealer (I was only there for a cup of coffee and to see if there were any new H.D t-shirts I couldn't live without..lol) and I saw it sitting there just as you walk in the door.. I was like what is that!? I told my hubby it was a CVO and he said no way... they didn't make a black one this year. He couldn't believe I loved it with all the blacked out parts. They had just put it on the floor, no one knew it was coming which is I'm sure why it wasn't pre-sold... it is now and I am lucky enough to be the new owner... I will pick it up this weekend.. cant wait..
You're right this is one bad A$$ ride!

lrubio

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #218 on: March 30, 2015, 11:40:57 PM »

I am also a big fan of much chrome and when I walked into our local dealer (I was only there for a cup of coffee and to see if there were any new H.D t-shirts I couldn't live without..lol) and I saw it sitting there just as you walk in the door.. I was like what is that!? I told my hubby it was a CVO and he said no way... they didn't make a black one this year. He couldn't believe I loved it with all the blacked out parts. They had just put it on the floor, no one knew it was coming which is I'm sure why it wasn't pre-sold... it is now and I am lucky enough to be the new owner... I will pick it up this weekend.. cant wait..
You're right this is one bad A$$ ride!

Congratulations on the new bike, you're going to love it more after you ride it!

Shes110

• Life's too Short
  • Full CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #219 on: March 30, 2015, 11:48:33 PM »

Congratulations on the new bike, you're going to love it more after you ride it!
:)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #220 on: March 31, 2015, 12:40:06 AM »

Yep not a fan of the new bikes.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #221 on: March 31, 2015, 04:19:01 PM »

Saw one yesterday and it had a lot of swirls in the paint on the fairing and saddlebags. So check that out before you buy. Didn't like all the blacked out parts for me. IMO, Just another way to cut cost if you ask me, and looks cheaper than chrome. Not flashy enough for a $40,000 bike. You pay that much for a "custom" bike I want it to look "custom". Fancy paint, a lot of chrome and big bad motor is my idea of a custom, but this is just my option. I'm sure a lot of people will like the look, just not for me. I was also told that due to all the restrictions in the chroming process because of all the chemicals, we will see more blacken parts than chrome in the future due to the cost.

lrubio

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #222 on: March 31, 2015, 07:01:14 PM »

Saw one yesterday and it had a lot of swirls in the paint on the fairing and saddlebags. So check that out before you buy. Didn't like all the blacked out parts for me. IMO, Just another way to cut cost if you ask me, and looks cheaper than chrome. Not flashy enough for a $40,000 bike. You pay that much for a "custom" bike I want it to look "custom". Fancy paint, a lot of chrome and big bad motor is my idea of a custom, but this is just my option. I'm sure a lot of people will like the look, just not for me. I was also told that due to all the restrictions in the chroming process because of all the chemicals, we will see more blacken parts than chrome in the future due to the cost.
Take a close look at the 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum. Except for the handlebars/controls, cylinder heads, trans side cover, plastic oil cooler cover and air cleaner the '15 carbon crystal SESG has about the same amount of chrome. Maybe more when you compare the '15's Aggressor chrome wheels to the 10's black wheels. The silver crank case helps bring out the chrome on the '10 and the black crank case gives enhances the blackout look to the '15, IMO. But I get it, just like my dad there are a lot of folks who insist on only chrome, but this blackout SESG is BAD A$$! IMO

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus Antique Gunstock, Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner,V&H True Duals, Turn Down Slip Ons, Windsplitter Windscreen, Mustang Solo Seat, AK-20's, Penske Shocks, WO 575's
« Reply #223 on: March 31, 2015, 08:50:55 PM »

I'm sure that pictures don't do the new Carbon Crystal paint any justice because it just looks like another black Harley even though I know that it's probably a very beautiful machine I'll keep what I have!! Congratulations to all of you that have your new 15's, be safe & enjoy making them yours.

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
New CVO Street glide colour to be launched!...oh yes
« Reply #224 on: April 01, 2015, 06:47:46 AM »

Just getting a 10k service on my SERK at Robin Hood H-D and they had a delivery of new bikes. Look what just came out of one of the cartons!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:00:08 AM by Bav »
Using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 22 queries.