Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Hou'ray for Ouray, 2015! CA, NV, AZ, UT, CO and Back.  (Read 27532 times)

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Hou'ray for Ouray, 2015! CA, NV, AZ, UT, CO and Back.
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2015, 01:33:31 PM »

Hey Greg its looks great I really wish I could have made it. I would be nice to see am map with a highlighted view of everywhere you visited outside of Vegas! Thanks for sharing.

BigLew

Hey Mike!   Thanks!   Here is the map to Ouray with side trips.   1,909 miles + or -.   On the way back, we went to Moab to see Arches; then up to Green River, UT and down the Utah Scenic Byway to Panguich and Bryce Canyon. 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2018, 07:57:49 PM »

I just came across this thread Greg, WOW! Great job. I'm planning a trip in July that will encompass part of this and what an eye opener. Damn....now I can hardley wait!!
Thanks for doing such a great job and all of the sharing that you do to help make this site what it is.

Heal quickly and thanks again,

Kelly
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2018, 08:00:29 PM »

Hey Mike!   Thanks!   Here is the map to Ouray with side trips.   1,909 miles + or -.   On the way back, we went to Moab to see Arches; then up to Green River, UT and down the Utah Scenic Byway to Panguich and Bryce Canyon.

Hey Greg. I would also like to thank you for this excellent write-up. Especially the Navajo tour in Page and staying in Springdale as a sort of basecamp. We did a ride a couple years ago intending to hit much of the Utah spots but it was so hot that we only hit Arches and cut directly across to spend time on HWY 550. This year we are leaving June first to hopefully beat the heat. I have attached the general ride we are making this year.

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2018, 10:28:43 PM »

Hey Greg. I would also like to thank you for this excellent write-up. Especially the Navajo tour in Page and staying in Springdale as a sort of basecamp. We did a ride a couple years ago intending to hit much of the Utah spots but it was so hot that we only hit Arches and cut directly across to spend time on HWY 550. This year we are leaving June first to hopefully beat the heat. I have attached the general ride we are making this year.

June will be hot, at least in Moab. You will find other parts of Utah that will be more pleasant from a weather perspective than Moab. Best of luck and have a great time.

DH

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2018, 11:40:38 PM »

I just came across this thread Greg, WOW! Great job. I'm planning a trip in July that will encompass part of this and what an eye opener. Damn....now I can hardley wait!!
Thanks for doing such a great job and all of the sharing that you do to help make this site what it is.

Heal quickly and thanks again,

Kelly

Thank you! It was a great gathering and trip. A good time was had by all. There is so much to see in this country.

Thank you! Antelope and the other slot canyons are not to be missed. Just a fabulous experience. All of the national parks are terrific, especially if you don't mind hiking a bit. Your plan map looks like a fabulous ride. Wish I could go!

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2018, 07:34:30 PM »

June will be hot, at least in Moab. You will find other parts of Utah that will be more pleasant from a weather perspective than Moab. Best of luck and have a great time.

DH
Thanks for the warning DesertHOG! That is the area that chased us off last time being too hot in July! I wanted to go even earlier than June 1st but my riding partner has an engagement playing at a banjo rally or something. I told him he needs to get his priorities straight, but he was already committed. Anyway, our plan spends two nights at the BW Plus Zion and going to ride Zion, Bryce, and Escalante. Afterwards down to North Rim and Page, and Sedona before taking route 66 and back up to cooler temps in Ouray!!! Yay! If it gets to hot again we will just have to suffer or head for the cooler temps again. I hope not this time around.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2018, 07:38:36 PM »

Thank you! It was a great gathering and trip. A good time was had by all. There is so much to see in this country.

Thank you! Antelope and the other slot canyons are not to be missed. Just a fabulous experience. All of the national parks are terrific, especially if you don't mind hiking a bit. Your plan map looks like a fabulous ride. Wish I could go!
Thanks Greg and wish for your rapid recovery! You are certainly invited in any case for any part. We won't be hiking as much as you though! Your crash is a prime example that we are all at risk. I only ride for pleasure for that very reason, and just hope for the best after that. Take care.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2018, 09:31:45 AM »

Greg. thanks for the great write-up.  Let's us know what to look forward to as we head to Ouray in July.  Simon, how hot will it be in Monument Valley on July 15th?  We may have to skip it.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 26 queries.