Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm speechless...  (Read 2646 times)

Wanna ride

I'm speechless...
« on: October 18, 2009, 11:24:13 PM »

I just stumbled across the story on the 'net, and I just can't believe what I'm reading... WTF?!

http://www.aikenstandard.com/Local/0924FatalPlea

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: I'm speechless...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 11:37:10 PM »

I hadn't heard about this.

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 01:39:58 AM »

WTF - The Warrenville woman does not accept responsibility for killing Cohrs, and referred to the event as "a very tragic accident," but did admit that she broke the law.
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 10:40:33 AM »

Let's just hope someone in jail takes care of her.
Bill

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 04:59:13 PM »

This happened not far from where I live.  The two bikers had just left the Iron Horse Ranch, a biker bar which I stop at sometimes when I'm riding in the Aiken/Beech Island area.  The above article makes it sound like the two bikes had been involved in a minor accident just before they were hit.  The original story said that the bikers were riding about 1/4 mile apart when she came up behind the first bike, ran over him, continued on and ran over the second bike!  She hit them from behind!  Rumor has it that she was drunk and didn't know she had ran over them!  Not one bike!  Two bikes at two different locations!  By the way, Ms. Carpenter had just left the same bar as the bikers!

Makes me sick to think that she may get off with just ten months in jail!

http://www.ironhorsebarandgrill.net/index.html
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 08:09:49 AM by 07hd110 »

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Wanna ride

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 11:00:41 PM »

It's an absolute shame that this type of thing can even begin to happen. What the hell is wrong with our justice system, that allows this BS? Let me ask this... would it be any different if they were pedestrians that were hit? I don't really know, I'm just curious. I just do not even begin to understand this. Any person involved in the judicial process of something like this should be able to see what's happening. She's getting away with murder, plain and simple. Look at how much money OJ spent to do it. He would have saved millions... MILLIONS, if Ron Goldman and Nicole had been on a motorcycle and he ran them down with his white Bronco. This is just ridiculous and sickening.... ten months? Ten months?

I'm sorry, but at what point does this judge ask what the hell is wrong here? That rider will never see his kids again, never again mow the lawn he's spent a lifetime paying for, never kiss his wife, and never spend Christmas with his family again. NEVER. But this bitch will be sitting in front of her trailer, chugging down a Busch light, watching her illegitimate, snot-nose brats stomping in a wading pool by the end of next summer. And to pour a little more salt in the wound, we'll probably be supporting her curtain-climbers while she's dyking out with some skank in the big house.

WTF?!

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 12:37:42 AM »

Another fuggin senseless tragedy. My thoughts go out to the familes and friends. No doubt the story will say the 'bikers' had been partying and were partly at fault. Seems it always gets twisted in the favor of cagers.

:soapbox: >:(
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 05:19:01 PM »

People who use their religion to make themselves look better (or less bad) make me want to puke.  She may be a 'nice' person but she did something so awful it is hard to imagine and then tried to get away with it.  WTF do prosecutors and judges in this country think?  Obviously they do not think or this sort of thing would not happen.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 05:31:00 PM »

So was she charged with one count or two? They should be seperate incidents.  If I ran one stop sign and was cited it does not mean I can run all of them for that day.
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.