Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Motorcycle versus COW?  (Read 3307 times)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
Motorcycle versus COW?
« on: November 22, 2010, 12:06:44 AM »

I guess it'd have to happen here... but http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/articles/2010/11/19/local_news//local06.txt

Big Island Report
Published: Friday, November 19, 2010 10:55 AM HST
Motorcyclist killed in crash

A 26-year-old Waimea man died Wednesday night after hitting a cow with his motorcycle on Kohala Ranch Road near Kanaloa Drive in North Kohala.

The victim was identified as Patrick K. Bowles. Police responding to a 8:51 p.m. call determined that Bowles was riding his 2006 KTM motorcycle north when he struck a cow on the roadway.

Bowles was taken to North Hawaii Community Hospital where he was pronounced dead at 9:47 p.m. Police say he was wearing a helmet.

It's unknown if alcohol or drugs were involved, but police believe speed to be a factor in this crash.

A coroner's inquest case has been opened and an autopsy ordered to determine the exact cause of death.

Because Bowles' crash occurred on a private road, his death is not counted towards the island's official traffic fatality count.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

navdav51

• Senior CVO Member
  • US Navy Retired, Old Antarctic Explorer, 75-78

• CVO1: 2009 Silver SERG
Re: Motorcycle versus COW?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 03:15:15 AM »

Damn! How fast can a cow be??
...VETERAN....Whether active duty,retired, National Guard or reserve,is someone who wrote a check made payable to The United States of America,for an amount up to and including my life....Author unknown

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 05:03:35 AM »

It's unknown if alcohol or drugs were involved, but police believe speed to be a factor in this crash.

Ive seen what a cow can do to a car, not sure why they always have to point out, drugs and alcohol, helmets, seat belts etc. in everyone of these tragic stories, There was a nasty crash 500 feet from my house the other night, a mini van with 9 poeple in it, drifted into a park detached tractor flat bed and the driver and possibly the person sitting right behind him were decapitated[plus 3 other life threatening injuries, and the main focus was on who was wearing a seat belt. They mentioned it 5 times in 5 paragraphs. Some dumbass reporters and idiot editors work for these papers. Like a seat belt was going to save or not the 2 fatalities in this horrible wreck. I'm really surprized they didn't question if the cow was wearing a seat belt in the above story.
You will get no more Respect than you are willing to give.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 08:57:15 AM »

Damn! How fast can a cow be??

Pretty dam fast when they want to be.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 11:45:50 AM »

Ive seen what a cow can do to a car, not sure why they always have to point out, drugs and alcohol, helmets, seat belts etc. in everyone of these tragic stories, There was a nasty crash 500 feet from my house the other night, a mini van with 9 poeple in it, drifted into a park detached tractor flat bed and the driver and possibly the person sitting right behind him were decapitated[plus 3 other life threatening injuries, and the main focus was on who was wearing a seat belt. They mentioned it 5 times in 5 paragraphs. Some dumbass reporters and idiot editors work for these papers. Like a seat belt was going to save or not the 2 fatalities in this horrible wreck. I'm really surprized they didn't question if the cow was wearing a seat belt in the above story.

They are just reading off the accident report - those are all check boxes.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 06:25:34 PM »

Pretty dam fast when they want to be.

That area has lots of tight turns so I dont doubt he came around a corner HOT with the cow in his path.

I almost caught a deer with the Street Glide on Maui in 2008

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 06:28:27 PM »

What a shame condolences to his family.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 04:33:29 PM »

The cow was NOT wearing his seatbelt, but he did have his horn going!

Tough way to die, to be sure.  But it sure beats laying in some friggin hospital bed someplace waiting to die.  May his soul ride the roads in peace forever.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 06:40:19 AM »

Thats a good way to keep the death toll down, don't countum unless they happen where they can be seen.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

shawn5

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 01:56:35 AM »

I don't think so there are any comparison between bile and cow,..
how is is possible,..

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 24 queries.