Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How would the FuelPak FP3 function with a stock bike?  (Read 4744 times)

Johnread

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

How would the FuelPak FP3 function with a stock bike?
« on: January 03, 2016, 05:36:10 PM »

I just bought a used 2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO with 12k miles that had a Screaming Eagle Super Tuner Pro in the saddlebag.  I suspect that the previous owner used this to tune the motor, but I don't know if he had aftermarket mufflers on the bike.  The bike as I bought it has the stock Ventilator air filter and stock CVO mufflers and runs pretty good.  But I'm skeptical about what map is on the ECM.  I don't really want to pay my dealer to check the tune on the bike to see if it's optimal, so I'm considering a V&H FuelPak FP3.  I had one on my 2014 Ultra Limited with a full Stage 1 setup and was really impressed.  So I'm wondering if the best course of action might be to buy the FP3 and install it with my stock bike configuration to ensure that the motor is tuned properly.  Any ideas?  V&O's website indicates that they have maps for the 2015 CVO and it seems like a good way to go, especially if new mufflers and perhaps header is in the future.  Anybody have an experience like mine that would share their impressions?

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
Re: How would the FuelPak FP3 function with a stock bike?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 06:12:22 PM »

I can't offer anything useful, but I was just going to say I am in the same situation. I had TWO supertuner pros in the saddlebag. I switched from the Fatshotz mufflers he had on there to V&H High Outputs and the LCD Fuelpak. The Fuelpak got rid of most decal popping and runs a little smoother, but the LCD version I have is not very flexible and not compatible with really doing a full Dyno tune. However the purchases were when I was not as educated, which I'm still working on :)

Now I'm looking into adding headers and getting a Dyno tune with either one of the tuners it came with, or one of the reputable tuner such as TTS or Powervision. I don't know if the FP3 is something that can be used with a Dyno tune and it definitely doesn't get the praise like TTS does, but I've heard great things about them and the auto-tune feature. It's definitely more flexible than the LCD version. I wish I could remember the usernames of the guys on this site that use and love them. From what I understand if you do not plan on doing a full Dyno tune, the FP3 is a great option.

Take that for what you will.....  8)
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 08:43:41 PM »

http://www.docsperformancetuning.com/

If you're in Georgia, you should contact Doc (Doc 1 on this site), who is a great tuner in Minneola, FL.  People travel 100s of miles to get his tunes.  I think, but not positive, he can use your SEPST to do the tune.  Talk to him and verify, and that may save you a chunk of change instead of buying more boxes.

If you want peace, prepare for war.

Torchmaster

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 08:54:33 PM »

http://www.docsperformancetuning.com/

If you're in Georgia, you should contact Doc (Doc 1 on this site), who is a great tuner in Minneola, FL.  People travel 100s of miles to get his tunes.  I think, but not positive, he can use your SEPST to do the tune.  Talk to him and verify, and that may save you a chunk of change instead of buying more boxes.

I wouldn't spend more money for a tuner with fewer features. For around $100.00 over the cost of a fuelpak you will get a better tune with the se tuner from a pro.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 08:34:55 PM »

If you were to look at my 15 SERGU, you would think the head pipe and mufflers are stock CVO.  However it has a Fullsac head pipe under the factory heat shields which eliminates the Cat and flows better.  The Mufflers have had the factory baffles removed and fullsac 2.25 inch baffles installed.  Then a TTS tuner tuned by Doc in FL   8)

Look at your mufflers closely, if the bike came with the tuner, the mufflers my have different baffles in them.  If the baffle is bolted in it is aftermarket.  Welded its most likely stock.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Page created in 0.309 seconds with 25 queries.