Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: D&D Fat Cats compared to D&D Boarzilla?  (Read 23194 times)

Godeater

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2001 ScreaminEagle Road Glide Blk/Sil
    • Radical Cycle
D&D Fat Cats compared to D&D Boarzilla?
« on: August 31, 2008, 05:19:16 PM »

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or comments between the 2.  Doing 103 build at the shop for my FLTRISE2 right now.  Forged 103 crank Forged pistons and camplate 570 gear drives and all the other usally expencive pieces and goodys.  Love the sound of the Fatcats but was wondering if the boarzilla was any better yet maybe?
2001 FLTRISE2 103 Stroker
Screamin Eagle Forged Stroker Crank
Screamin Eagle Forged Stroker Pistons 5 Over
Stock Jugs 5 Over
Polished and Ported Stock Heads
Manly Titanium Springs 640 Lift
Manly Stainless Valves
Screamin Eagle Cam Plate and High Flo Pump
S&S 585 Gear Drives
Horse Power Inc. 51mm Intake with Screamin Eagle 25 deg Injectors 62 psi Fuel Reg
Power Commander III USB
Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather
D&D Fatcat Stand Baffle
Baker OD6 speed
Lowered 2 inchs
Danny Grey Seat

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: D&D Fat Cats compared to D&D Boarzilla?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 06:02:09 PM »

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or comments between the 2.  Doing 103 build at the shop for my FLTRISE2 right now.  Forged 103 crank Forged pistons and camplate 570 gear drives and all the other usally expencive pieces and goodys.  Love the sound of the Fatcats but was wondering if the boarzilla was any better yet maybe?

Not enough motor for the Boarzilla.  Fatcats will be a great choice.

chriscalabro

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 09:07:59 PM »

No question that Fat Cat would be the right pipe. The quiet baffle is one of the best sounding and performing units out there.

Godeater

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• Radical Cycle
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 01:24:30 AM »

Ok I  find a FC with standard baffle, with quite baffle, and a big bore ver with a quite or standard baffle.  Which ver and which baffle would be ideal for the 103?  D&D is awful with info on there site.  I have had no expirence with them either.  But I have heard them and love the sound but no one seems to know what ver they have.
Stock Jugs 5 Over
Manly Stainless Valves
S&S 585 Gear Drives
Horse Power Inc. 51mm Intake with Screamin Eagle 25 deg Injectors 62 psi Fuel Reg
Power Commander III USB
D&D Fatcat Stand Baffle
Baker OD6 speed
Lowered 2 inchs
Danny Grey Seat

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 01:26:13 AM »

Ok I  find a FC with standard baffle, with quite baffle, and a big bore ver with a quite or standard baffle.  Which ver and which baffle would be ideal for the 103?  D&D is awful with info on there site.  I have had no expirence with them either.  But I have heard them and love the sound but no one seems to know what ver they have.

Given the engine you're describing look for the FatCat.  The quiet baffle (at least to my ears) sounds better and seems to help the bottom a bit compared to the standard baffle.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 07:50:04 AM »

The Borzilla is not a good match for that engine package. And the big bore with quiet muffler is definitely not quiet! I have that on a 120 hp 110, and love it though. I can't imagine how loud the standard big bore is! :nixweiss: ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Godeater

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• Radical Cycle
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 12:04:25 PM »

Thanks all, thinking the Standard bore with standard baffle, since I like things on the louder side.  Let you know when we get it on the dyno.  BTW Here is link to our websites
www.radicalpig.com and www.radicalcycle.com  If anyone is in the Des Moines, Ia area we have a hell of a bike night on Thursdays at the shop.  I run the dyno on bike night and would extend offer to anyone on the site for free pulls. :orange:
Stock Jugs 5 Over
Manly Stainless Valves
S&S 585 Gear Drives
Power Commander III USB
D&D Fatcat Stand Baffle
Baker OD6 speed
Lowered 2 inchs
Danny Grey Seat

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 07:15:46 AM »

You might also want to look at a Thunder Header. It would be a great 2 into 1 for that build and the sound is the best ever. I would still be running one on Ole Punkin but the build is tooooo much for that pipe.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Godeater

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• Radical Cycle
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 11:21:07 PM »

I bought the Fat Cat, we have several bike that come in and out of the shop that have Thunder headers on them.  Like the sound but the dirty blow back drives me nuts.
Iput the Fat Cat on and dyno'd real quick before we start build just to see if there would be much differnce compared to my old true duals and Sampson Rolled Thunder Ovals.  They had lots of back pressure, to much back pressure, gained 11+ horse and lost 4 lbs.  I would expect that to recover after new motor gets broke in.  The sound is much differnt, really loud and lots of decel cackel.
Stock Jugs 5 Over
Manly Stainless Valves
S&S 585 Gear Drives
Power Commander III USB
D&D Fatcat Stand Baffle
Baker OD6 speed
Lowered 2 inchs
Danny Grey Seat

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 12:10:03 AM »

Given the engine you're describing look for the FatCat.  The quiet baffle (at least to my ears) sounds better and seems to help the bottom a bit compared to the standard baffle.

TwoLaneRider,

Do you know if the FatCats with quite baffle are quieter then Reinhardt True Duals with quiet baffles? I have a set of the FatCats with quite baffles that i will be installing with my Jim's 131 in a few weeks. Curious what your opinion was..

thanks

SG

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 12:19:49 AM »

TwoLaneRider,

Do you know if the FatCats with quite baffle are quieter then Reinhardt True Duals with quiet baffles? I have a set of the FatCats with quite baffles that i will be installing with my Jim's 131 in a few weeks. Curious what your opinion was..

thanks

SG

The FatCats with the quiet baffles aren't "quiet."  Though they are much quieter than the FatCats with the standard baffle.  They've still got a nice bite to them and have a much better report than the stock pipes on anything coming out now.  They are quieter than the Rineharts.  Have heard the same engine with both.  I personally liked the sound of the FatCats better and they were a bit quieter.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 07:32:07 PM »

Ok, see if I can find out an answer?
I have the Python/Vance and Hines true dual headers and the Rush Slipons 2.25" baffles and was thinking of changing to the D&D Fatcats Quiet Baffles for more performance.
I like the sound of the Rush Slipons (deep throaty sound) and no crack like the BuB's have.
In fact I loath the sound of the Rineharts due to fact many of our group have them and that loud crack behind them wears me out.
I do like loud (roar), just not in the upper freq range.
What will the Fatcats give me in terms of sound?
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 07:51:42 PM »

TwoLaneRider,

thanks

SG

I've had the Bub 7 true duals (which are a little throatier than the Rhineharts) and the Fat Cat quiet baffle is much quieter. 
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 10:14:59 PM »

What will the Fatcats give me in terms of sound?

I had the D&D FatCat with the standard baffle on my '05 Road Glide with a 98" high-compression build (head work, valves, hi-lift gear-drive cam, compression releases & HPI TB).

THe FatCat was not only loud, but it had a mean, high-frequency growl much like the exhaust on a tuner car. If you are looking for a low growl, I would not suggest the FatCat unless the quiet baffle lowers the frequency of the exhaust note.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 10:33:47 PM »

I would not suggest the FatCat unless the quiet baffle lowers the frequency of the exhaust note.

It (the quiet baffle) must as it's a much better sound than what you describe on yours when used on both of mine.  Have it on a 95" in the SERG and the 107" on the SEEG.  Nice throaty growl when you get on either bike and a good low rumble all the rest of the time.  The exhause sounds different on each bike.  More compression on the SEEG.  But it's good on both of them.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 25 queries.