Author Topic: 2020  (Read 10785 times)

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
Re: 2020
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2019, 04:21:11 PM »

Let's talk about this machine. Power? Handling? Plus and minus vs the HD?

Right at 1000 miles and so far and it has been a pure joy. The 116 even with the stock Indian map has been a blast and consider that the CVO Road King had a GMR Performance 113 kit with custom tune! I have the Indian map that comes with their 116 cubic inch big bore kit so I don't have any dyno numbers but it has been just as much of a blast to ride as the Road King was. This bike has 3 ride modes which all it really does is change the throttle response but in sport mode it feels pretty much like the road king did as far as throttle response. The exhaust is Indian's Stage one and the tone and loudness has been just as good as I had with the Vance and Hines header with Kury Crusher slip-ons. Also the idle lope on this thing with the stage 3 cams that come with the big bore kit is awesome, almost reminds me of an older Harley with a carb. It does have the rear cylinder shut off and even though it does change the lope some it is still not as noticeable as it was on the Harley. She does get pretty hot since I still have a CAT in the head pipe so I have left the rear cylinder cut-off enabled. It can be turned off from the ride command touchscreen. The Ride Command is really nice, has TPMS Navigation Bluetooth and such. The sweet thing is that if it starts raining I can put it in tour mode on the fly and it dampens that throttle response so it is kinda like rain mode. A lot of the folks on Indians forum have went with a PVCX Tuner to get even better performance but I do not feel I need it. Maybe because I am getting older? :'( The suspension and handling has been exceptional. Railroad crossing that I would creep across on the Road King I can cross at 15 to 20 MPH. This thing loves to lean I have been taking curves with signage for 15 MPH at 35 -40 MPH. The Power Band Audio upgrade has been great and consider that the Harley had a system by Soundz Customz on it! I am loving the fact that I have been able to remain all completely Indian components so the extended warranty will be completely intact. I hope to not need the warranty but with all of the electronics on these things it sure does help with the peace of mind. I threw Indian's accessory catalog at this thing with a full two pages of printed out accessories and the final price before taxes and after negotiating cam out to right at 38K. Oh yeah I forgot to mention the power windscreen that goes up and down with a switch on the handlebars.

The only negatives I have found so far is the gas tank is 5.5 gallons instead of 6 and the FM radio reception is not very good, but listen to music streamed from my I Phone or Pandora anyway and there is also a USB connection for a flash drive also.

If you dare find you an Indian dealer and go test ride one. My local dealer had one that they were allowing test rides on. or better go when the demo truck is there and ride them all including one with the 116 kit and the PowerBand Audio upgrade ;D
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 04:25:01 PM by T-Roy »

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2019, 04:25:47 PM »

Right at 1000 miles and so far and it has been a pure joy. The 116 even with the stock Indian map has been a blast and consider that the CVO Road King had a GMR Performance 113 kit with custom tune! I have the Indian map that comes with their 116 cubic inch big bore kit so I don't have any dyno numbers but it has been just as much of a blast to ride as the Road King was. This bike has 3 ride modes which all it really does is change the throttle response but in sport mode it feels pretty much like the road king did as far as throttle response. The exhaust is Indian's Stage one and the tone and loudness has been just as good as I had with the Vance and Hines header with Kury Crusher slip-ons. Also the idle lope on this thing with the stage 3 cams that come with the big bore kit is awesome, almost reminds me of an older Harley with a carb. It does have the rear cylinder shut off and even though it does change the lope some it is still not as noticeable as it was on the Harley. She does get pretty hot since I still have a CAT in the head pipe so I have left the rear cylinder cut-off enabled. It can be turned off from the ride command touchscreen. The Ride Command is really nice, has TPMS Navigation Bluetooth and such. The sweet thing is that if it starts raining I can put it in tour mode on the fly and it dampens that throttle response so it is kinda like rain mode. A lot of the folks on Indians forum have went with a PVCX Tuner to get even better performance but I do not feel I need it. Maybe because I am getting older? :'( The suspension and handling has been exceptional. Railroad crossing that I would creep across on the Road King I can cross at 15 to 20 MPH. This thing loves to lean I have been taking curves with signage for 15 MPH at 35 -40 MPH. The Power Band Audio upgrade has been great and consider that the Harley had a system by Soundz Customz on it! I am loving the fact that I have been able to remain all completely Indian components so the extended warranty will be completely intact. I hope to not need the warranty but with all of the electronics on these things it sure does help with the peace of mind. I threw Indian's accessory catalog at this thing with a full two pages of printed out accessories and the final price before taxes and after negotiating cam out to right at 38K. Oh yeah I forgot to mention the power windscreen that goes up and down with a switch on the handlebars.

The only negatives I have found so far is the gas tank is 5.5 gallons instead of 6 and the FM radio reception is not very good, but listen to music streamed from my I Phone or Pandora anyway and there is also a USB connection for a flash drive also.

So you have the Chieftain Limited with the stage 3 upgrades and the audio upgrades? I just built one with that and the tourpak as well as a few other upgrades. Came to about 40k on their website.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2019, 04:35:15 PM »

So you have the Chieftain Limited with the stage 3 upgrades and the audio upgrades? I just built one with that and the tourpak as well as a few other upgrades. Came to about 40k on their website.

Yes Sir. The PowerBand PLus which includes the saddlebag audio. Also heated grips heated seat select rider and passenger floorboards. rider backrest. Upgraded windshield leather tank pouch leather soft closeouts for highway bars, rear highway bars all of the small chrome pieces like oil cooler cover and such and the pinnacle mirrors and I am sure I am forgetting a little of something. They came 1500 off of MSRP which pretty much paid for the accessories installation and gave me 20 percent off of all the accessories. Also since buying it I have been back in there to buy some clothes and such and they continue to give me 20 percent off of those items also!! I did not do the tour pack because I am retiring in a little less than 3 years and we are going to get a toy hauler and I wont need the tour pack at that point.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2019, 05:23:36 PM »

Yes Sir. The PowerBand PLus which includes the saddlebag audio. Also heated grips heated seat select rider and passenger floorboards. rider backrest. Upgraded windshield leather tank pouch leather soft closeouts for highway bars, rear highway bars all of the small chrome pieces like oil cooler cover and such and the pinnacle mirrors and I am sure I am forgetting a little of something. They came 1500 off of MSRP which pretty much paid for the accessories installation and gave me 20 percent off of all the accessories. Also since buying it I have been back in there to buy some clothes and such and they continue to give me 20 percent off of those items also!! I did not do the tour pack because I am retiring in a little less than 3 years and we are going to get a toy hauler and I wont need the tour pack at that point.

That's great buddy, happy for you.

Unfortunately Indian is not an option for me right now. My wife won't even open up to getting one. She thinks they are hideous. Luckily she hasn't been impressed with any of the CVO's for quite some time either.

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2019, 06:39:44 PM »

That's great buddy, happy for you.

Unfortunately Indian is not an option for me right now. My wife won't even open up to getting one. She thinks they are hideous. Luckily she hasn't been impressed with any of the CVO's for quite some time either.

Thanks. I hope your current CVO continues to treat you well. It is one of my all time favorites. It could also be worse if Indian would have had a Chieftain in Pearl white my wife would have wanted to trade I. Her heritage softail and I would have been needing to buy 2 Indians :o

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2019, 06:54:15 PM »

T-Roy, when you take the picture on a iPad hold it with the home button on the right or on the bottom.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2019, 06:48:35 AM »

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2019, 09:05:51 AM »

OOOOOOK, this guy Matt is really trying.  :huepfenjump3:

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2019, 10:29:03 AM »

I think I saw his nose getting longer

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2019, 10:47:03 AM »

I think I saw his nose getting longer
LOL!

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2019, 07:47:53 PM »

I'm curious what's gonna vanish next year?  Since my 17' I've noticed the wet head & radiators, speakers & amp, lowers, chrome and fancy paint disappear.  What's next?  One front disc...….
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2019, 09:30:41 PM »

I'm curious what's gonna vanish next year?  Since my 17' I've noticed the wet head & radiators, speakers & amp, lowers, chrome and fancy paint disappear.  What's next?  One front disc...….

Saddle goes next.  Will be marketed as the new Screamin' Eagle Sport Touring Posture models; stand on the pegs.  All day long.  It'll be cool (Harley will tell us so).

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2019, 11:36:07 PM »

Saddle goes next.  Will be marketed as the new Screamin' Eagle Sport Touring Posture models; stand on the pegs.  All day long.  It'll be cool (Harley will tell us so).

That will be on the Limited Screamin' Eagle Sport Touring model only.  On the Standard the pegs will be extra and will require an adapter to be compatible with the jiffy stand.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2019, 04:14:29 AM »

Good thing they pulled the "label maker" out and labeled it CVO on the back....cuzz... most folks are gunnnahh walk right past that and never take notice.

"Now let me get this straight, Billy Bob you paid $47ooo for your white street glide and Nancy Joe you paid half that for your white street glide?"
"I have GOT to get me one of those label makers"

"No No NO but wait!  See where hers is shiny chrome and, and mine,  mine is satin,  see I got satin pipes and my front forks are anodized, liquidized, blackish semi chrome"
"And and and my wheels, See where hers are chrome and all shiny...well... mine are painted or something."

I don't know, it probably looks great in person.  Just reminds me of my brother in law telling me about his neighbors new Harley.

"I don't know what model it is but it doesn't have hardly any chrome on it, so it must be one of their cheaper models"

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2019, 05:03:50 AM »

Thanks. I hope your current CVO continues to treat you well. It is one of my all time favorites. It could also be worse if Indian would have had a Chieftain in Pearl white my wife would have wanted to trade I. Her heritage softail and I would have been needing to buy 2 Indians :o

I sold my bike 2 years ago. We don't even own one.  ;D

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 26 queries.