Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Wiring spotlights to stay on with high beams on.  (Read 22728 times)

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Wiring spotlights to stay on with high beams on.
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 12:01:53 PM »

The method I shared does not negatively effect the Garage Door Opener.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 09:49:25 AM »

I had the harley dealer order the part number you recommended.  I viewed the part tonight and it is for a Softail (Instructions).  I am not sure that this is the right part.  Can you please confirm the part number?  Are you sure this will work with the CVO: The CVO has all the accessories etc when compared to the FLHT?
Thanks,
Bob

Bob:

Just noticed there is indeed an adapter for the Softail line.  But, the part # is 69200263.

:2vrolijk_21:
'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 09:11:20 PM »

Has anyone figured out how to wire their SEUC (I have a 2010 SEUC) so that the passing lamps stay on with the hi-beam WITHOUT losing the use of the garage door opener? Still haven't been able to find a solution or more importantly read where someone made the wiring change and didn't lose their GDO. Any insight or tips would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:15:06 AM by Heatwave »

Bob Morasko

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 09:40:15 PM »

I had a local motorcycle mechanic rewire the spots to stay on with both high and low beam.  The swith turns them on and off.  Worked great in the black Hills over Sturgis this weekend.  The Mechanic wants to remain private.  I am sure your local Harley dealer can rewire them:)

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 09:43:29 PM »

I had a local motorcycle mechanic rewire the spots to stay on with both high and low beam.  The swith turns them on and off.  Worked great in the black Hills over Sturgis this weekend.  The Mechanic wants to remain private.  I am sure your local Harley dealer can rewire them:)

What bike did he do the re-wiring on?

Bob Morasko

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 09:59:41 PM »

2010 Harley CVO Ultra.

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 10:05:34 PM »

OK, got the answer Brother 2ksoftail, and for me WHAT GARAGE DOOR OPENER???  On my Australian version, our spotlights, passing lights, are on with High Beams only...  Since I have gotten the LED headlights sets in all three (HD), I have been putting them on for safety reasons in the daytime, and so far no one has flashed me back... Maybe the light is different enough to be tolerable in the daylight...   ???

Further, with BIG BLUE I thought I would be getting a garage door opener.... And funny enough I thought it would do Blue Tooth for my phone... Maybe it does but I need to plug in the intercom and have not done it...  BTW, our spotlights and speakers are on the same two way rocker switch and I have not really figured that one out either..  The speaker part does not seem to do anything... But maybe it puts the speakers on when the intercom in on or something...  So where is the garage door opener, am I missing something???? :-[

And for Heavens Sake, don't tell me to read the manual... Us Blokes in Australia don't read no bloody manuals til we broke sometin....      :duhk:

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 10:09:36 PM »

2010 Harley CVO Ultra.

Well someone out there must know how to make this relatively modest wiring change without having to pay a dealer to take the fairing apart to make this simple wiring change.

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 10:15:26 PM »

OK, got the answer Brother 2ksoftail, and for me WHAT GARAGE DOOR OPENER???  On my Australian version, our spotlights, passing lights, are on with High Beams only...  Since I have gotten the LED headlights sets in all three (HD), I have been putting them on for safety reasons in the daytime, and so far no one has flashed me back... Maybe the light is different enough to be tolerable in the daylight...   ???

Further, with BIG BLUE I thought I would be getting a garage door opener.... And funny enough I thought it would do Blue Tooth for my phone... Maybe it does but I need to plug in the intercom and have not done it...  BTW, our spotlights and speakers are on the same two way rocker switch and I have not really figured that one out either..  The speaker part does not seem to do anything... But maybe it puts the speakers on when the intercom in on or something...  So where is the garage door opener, am I missing something???? :-[

And for Heavens Sake, don't tell me to read the manual... Us Blokes in Australia don't read no bloody manuals til we broke sometin....      :duhk:

GDO opener is activated by flashing the hi/lo beam switch once. Check the manual. The speaker switch has 3 positions. The top position turns just the fairing speakers on. The middle position turns just the headset speakers on (fairing speakers are turned off) and the lower position turns both the headset and the fairing speakers on. If you're not using a headset, just set the speaker position to the top setting. I sometimes use just the headset position when I'm on the CB, but then I switch to the combo position so I can hear the CB through the fairing speakers and still have access to my mike to reply. Gives my ears a rest from the headset.

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 10:51:09 PM »

Hey, thanks there Heatwave, very cool....   :2vrolijk_21:

Now part of my problem is figuring out what is the International version or not.  On the speaker switch, the lower part is my passing lights on or off on high beam.... Soooo dat is different...  Now our voltages here are 240, but if the remote frequency is within range I do not see why the GDO would not work... Our opener machines have a selector on the GD machine that you put on to "read" a new frequency and store it...  So when you say "flash" the high low beam switch, that is a rocker on the left handlebar, up for high and down for low... So do you mean go to high and back to low ??
Thanks again, Cowboy...

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 11:10:30 PM »

Hey, thanks there Heatwave, very cool....   :2vrolijk_21:

Now part of my problem is figuring out what is the International version or not.  On the speaker switch, the lower part is my passing lights on or off on high beam.... Soooo dat is different...  Now our voltages here are 240, but if the remote frequency is within range I do not see why the GDO would not work... Our opener machines have a selector on the GD machine that you put on to "read" a new frequency and store it...  So when you say "flash" the high low beam switch, that is a rocker on the left handlebar, up for high and down for low... So do you mean go to high and back to low ??
Thanks again, Cowboy...
Interesting. What bike do you have? On my 2010 SE Ultra there are 2 switches to the left of the ignition. The first switch activates cruise control when the top of the rocker is pressed and the bottom of that same rocker activates the passing lights. The second switch (closest to the ignition) is a 3 position rocker. The top position activates the 4 main speakers. The middle position turn the main speakers off and turns the 7-pin headset ON. The third and lower position of this rocker turn both the headset and the main speakers on.

The GDO is activated by simply rocking the handlebar headlight switch (left handlebar) from the lo to high to lo in rapid sequence. You'll need to follow the instructions in the maual to "mate" the Transmitter on the bike to the receiver on the GDO.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:18:12 AM by Heatwave »

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2011, 11:48:02 PM »

Thanks Heatwave,
Will do some playing around with it....  Mine is the 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 BIG BLUE... And duh,  :nixweiss: yea Yogi, duh,  I just went out and looked at it and you are right, it is Cruise and Passing lights on the left rocker, and three position for speakers...  So that is the same, except that here the passing lights are ONLY on with High Beam..  Duh, my mistake..   :-[

On the GDO, I will have to have the play.  Inside my Garmin Sat Nave, sheilded by the KlockWerks windscreen, I put down a strip of velcro, and mounted the two GDO's I have to travel with, one for the GDO and one for the electric sliding gate on the horse property.  It works but it looks daggy..  

Uh.... Australian... "daggy", uh, that is a word like uh "it looks like chit"...  Dags are the little brown balls hanging off sheeps wool around their tails...  heh he.....  Daggy, sort of a word like Honda to us..  heh he...   :2vrolijk_21:  :cowboy:

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:53:50 PM by Cowboy2 »

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 07:14:31 AM »

Thanks Heatwave,
Will do some playing around with it....  Mine is the 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 BIG BLUE... And duh,  :nixweiss: yea Yogi, duh,  I just went out and looked at it and you are right, it is Cruise and Passing lights on the left rocker, and three position for speakers...  So that is the same, except that here the passing lights are ONLY on with High Beam..  Duh, my mistake..   :-[

On the GDO, I will have to have the play.  Inside my Garmin Sat Nave, sheilded by the KlockWerks windscreen, I put down a strip of velcro, and mounted the two GDO's I have to travel with, one for the GDO and one for the electric sliding gate on the horse property.  It works but it looks daggy..  

Uh.... Australian... "daggy", uh, that is a word like uh "it looks like chit"...  Dags are the little brown balls hanging off sheeps wool around their tails...  heh he.....  Daggy, sort of a word like Honda to us..  heh he...   :2vrolijk_21:  :cowboy:

Sounds like you are in good shape to get rid of at least one of the GDOs on the dashpad. Just read the section in the manual on how to program your GDO to your gate opener or door opener and then you'll be able to use the hi/lo beam switch instead of one of the transmitters on your dash. Good luck.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 03:42:39 PM by Heatwave »

bikerboy53

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • OR

• CVO1: Razor Red '07 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: Red & Slate '10 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 03:28:36 PM »

Thanks Heatwave,
Will do some playing around with it....  Mine is the 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 BIG BLUE... And duh,  :nixweiss: yea Yogi, duh,  I just went out and looked at it and you are right, it is Cruise and Passing lights on the left rocker, and three position for speakers...  So that is the same, except that here the passing lights are ONLY on with High Beam..  Duh, my mistake..   :-[

On the GDO, I will have to have the play.  Inside my Garmin Sat Nave, sheilded by the KlockWerks windscreen, I put down a strip of velcro, and mounted the two GDO's I have to travel with, one for the GDO and one for the electric sliding gate on the horse property.  It works but it looks daggy.. 

Uh.... Australian... "daggy", uh, that is a word like uh "it looks like chit"...  Dags are the little brown balls hanging off sheeps wool around their tails...  heh he.....  Daggy, sort of a word like Honda to us..  heh he...   :2vrolijk_21:  :cowboy:

Cowboy,
Maybe I'm missing something here, but my bike came with a receiver unit that I had to plug in next to the garage door opener. The receiver unit also has to be connected (wired) to the opener, then you program the receiver to work with the bike transmitter that is activated by flashing the hi beam on-off-on (-or vice versa). With this setup you could buy an extra receiver so you would have one for both your gate and the garage door. Hope this helps!

Biker Boy  8)
S&S T124
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
VP-016-340 Centrifugal Clutch kit
S&S PowerTune Duals w/Rinehart Touring Mufflers
Garmin Zumo 660
Bushtec Trailer

bikerboy53

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • OR

• CVO1: Razor Red '07 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: Red & Slate '10 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, 03:36:57 PM »

Hey, thanks there Heatwave, very cool....   :2vrolijk_21:

Now part of my problem is figuring out what is the International version or not.  On the speaker switch, the lower part is my passing lights on or off on high beam.... Soooo dat is different...  Now our voltages here are 240...
Duh oh! I just noticed the 240 volts you mentioned earlier. The receiver I spoke of in my previous post is 110 volt. For that reason I don't know if they include the GDO on International bikes or not. If they do, I think you could still make it work by putting a 240 to 110 transformer in the line to power the receiver. Again -hope this helps! And I hope I'm not looking to daggy by now!  ;D

Biker Boy
S&S T124
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
VP-016-340 Centrifugal Clutch kit
S&S PowerTune Duals w/Rinehart Touring Mufflers
Garmin Zumo 660
Bushtec Trailer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 24 queries.