Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thinking trading 14 Limited for 15 CVO Limited  (Read 3571 times)

Ranger

• Junior CVO Member
Thinking trading 14 Limited for 15 CVO Limited
« on: August 24, 2015, 08:07:19 PM »

Like my 14 Limited but dealer is offering what I paid for it in trade...  How is the CVO...did the rushmore head cooling help reduce the heat?  Are the handlebar switches lighted? 

Thoughts on the CVO
2018 CVO StreetGlide

Seaweedman

• CVO1: 2014 Limited (jupiter blue)
    • CVO2: 1971 Police Special with sidecar
Re: Thinking trading 14 Limited for 15 CVO Limited
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 09:10:48 PM »

I have had my 2014 Limited CVO (blue) for a year and a half, having traded in a 2007 Ultra. I have no regrets for paying the additional price for the CVO. It is a well designed motorcycle, and great fun to ride. I am not sure that I can notice any significant difference in the cylinder heat, but that may be because I don’t really remember the ‘07 putting out a lot of heat—but I guess that the engineers say that there is less heat.  There is lots of chrome on the new CVOs, and no shortage of power. There were some really minor issues (such as the front speaker fader needing to be set on each outing, and the little icon on the GPS kept going back to default), but for the most part the glitches have been cured with the latest software updates. I have been riding for over 40 years, most of the time on a 71 Electraglide, and I confess—updating a motorcycle computer is still a bit much to comprehend—from the days of points, plugs and condensers. But with that, I would recommend without hesitation the CVO to anyone. It is a lot of money, but it is a lot of motorcycle. And yes, the controls are lit... and, perhaps the greatest advancement in motorcyling history: the seat heats up, and the grips warm your hands on those chilly fall evening rides. Cheers from Ontario, Canada.

Ranger

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 09:04:17 AM »

Thank you for your feedback....going to pick up my new ride in a couple hours...
2018 CVO StreetGlide

HarperFLHTKSE

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 10:53:31 AM »

Ranger i did the same thing and Love it man

windjammer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTSSE2 sold
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 11:01:51 AM »

I traded a 10 Limited and a 12 Limited for a 15 CVO Limited and have never been happier. At first I thought I was giving up too much going from 2 to 1 but after having it for a few months NO REGRETS. The CVO is just on another level.
Windjammer

Ranger

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 08:22:07 PM »

Picked it up today....same color as yours Harper....  only 30 miles on it and love it..  You do sit taller in the seat compared to my 14 Limited...smoother ride.
2018 CVO StreetGlide

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 08:37:48 PM »

post pics soon! congrats!

Ranger

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 05:07:08 PM »

Love the bike so far...only 500 miles but rides great....still notice the FM reception kinda sucks....just like it did on my 14 Limited..
2018 CVO StreetGlide

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 05:28:35 PM »

Came from a 11 Limited to a 15 CVO RGU.  Both have catless head pipes and tune.  Cant tell much difference in heat.  There is some performance difference with the CVO but its still not going to compete with most any sport bike.  I love the little CVO extras, many I was looking at for my Limited.  Chrome, bag lights, led's, backrest, heated seat, and even like the infotainment with its minor issues.  Like everything but the price as I had to give a significant difference in price between the two but my Limited was getting high enough in miles to lose value.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

hdguy1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE Carbon Dust/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 07:31:01 PM »

I got mine a week ago and absolutely love it ! Rides like a dream and runs much cooler than my 2012 SESG. I say go for it !
Vance & Hines Monster Ovals, Power Duals, FP3 Tuner

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 04:46:04 PM »

Traded an 09 Road King Classic with a built 103 motor for a 2014 CVO Limited. I love the new bike and all the storage and radio and sat-nav but miss the power of the other motor. The new Rushmore front end improves handling also. Those water cooled heads are not noticeable from the seat of the bike IMHO.

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.