Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Glare on Chrome??  (Read 2816 times)

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Glare on Chrome??
« on: July 27, 2008, 01:59:44 PM »

Just wondering if you can put it on heat shields and enginecovers,Thanks
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
Re: Glare on Chrome??
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 02:06:46 PM »

Absolutely can. Put it anywhere you like. I am trying out some new stuff and will report it later.  Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 02:33:30 PM »

Absolutely can. Put it anywhere you like. I am trying out some new stuff and will report it later.  Q

Something other than Glare?!?!?

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 10:57:11 PM »

Glare works very well on chrome :2vrolijk_21:

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 08:46:46 AM »

Something other than Glare?!?!?

Say it isn't so!  Gotta be some new product from Glare.  Right?

rasmusmi

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 08:15:06 PM »

Does Glare "fill-in" slight harline scratches and brush marks in finish chrome like they advertise? If so, I'M IN with Glare for sure!  :bananarock:

Paste-type chrome polishes (Flitz, Semichrome, etc) often leave more swirl or hairline marks than they remove due to their abrasive composition. I've stayed away from them ever since I found this out the hard way a couple bikes ago... :'( >:(

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 10:05:21 PM »

Yes, I think you will find that it does.  The chrome trim panel on the fuel tank of my FXR3 was a bit scuffed when I got it.  I hit it with the Glare Micro Finish and then Professional Polish and was pleasantly surprised at the results.  Didn't totally remove the scratches, but did tone them down considerably.  It also did a nice job on the heat shields of my SERG and seems to be standing the test of time pretty well on both bikes.

rasmusmi

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 06:00:57 PM »

Thanks 103tHunDer. Using the "microfinish" on show chrome scares the heck out of me (from bad experiences in my past), but I'm willing to give the Glare Polish itself a try. Are there distributors for this stuff, or do I just go to their website and order direct?
Thanks bud! Ride safe! :bananarock:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 09:52:39 PM »

Roadking, I dunno, you might find it in a store somewhere, but it's quicker and easier to go online and order from their site.  Plus, mention you're a member here and get 10% off.

rasmusmi

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 08:02:15 AM »

I caved in and ordered their "basic package" (Glare Polish + Wash) to try it out...hope it works. I swear it's an addiction...if I had every dollar back I've spent on various polishes & waxes the past 20 years, I think I'd come close to buying a brand new bike with cash! Oh well, such is life...and I consider myself very, very fortunate!  :2vrolijk_21:

We'll keep you posted on Glare results, as I've used 'em ALL - Meguires, Mothers, Wizards, etc, etc...so, we'll see! Take care, ride safe and God bless... :)

rasmusmi

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 10:49:01 AM »

UPDATE...
I got my first bottle of Glare polish yesterday and tried it on the chrome areas which had the "hairline" scratches/brushmarks. While it really shined it up and left a nice slick feel to the chrome, it didn't fill-in any of the "light scratches"...yet, anyway. Maybe repeat applications will tone them down and do the trick. The Glare works great on the paint too. Whether it's better than Liquid Glass or Wizards or Mothers...who knows. :nixweiss: I like it though, and I'm glad I got it. :) But, we'll see how things look when this bottle runs out whether I'll order more or not... 8)

rasmusmi

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 10:30:17 PM »

Nope...Glare does NOT fill in slight hairline scratches in chrome, contrary to their advertising. And never, I repeat..never use Liquid Glass on show chrome.. :o >:(

Looks like I'm going to do what everyone said from the beginning...order a NEW chrome piece to replace the damaged one. Once installed, I'm going to do everything in my power NOT to touch my chrome any more than I absolutely have to, and then only with spray-on liquid detailer or ammonia free Glass Plus using a Harley softcloth or good qulaity micro-fiber cloth.

I just wish I could get half my money back that I've wasted on most of these "miracle" detailers and polishes (ie- crap!) over the past 20 years.. :soapbox: :nixweiss:

hayman7712

• Full CVO Member
  • D&D Fatcats, Power Commander 101hp 114ft-lbs tor

• CVO1: 2007 Screamin Eagle Road King
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 10:51:27 AM »

Just wondering if you can put it on heat shields and enginecovers,Thanks

I put chrome cleaner on every piece of chrome on the bike.  I detail the bike ebery week or two.  In between I use Meguire's spray on detailer or ""Papa Wheelie" detailer.  Dean.
[img]http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.