Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Oil pump failed and took out valve train. Need assistance and suggestions please  (Read 8018 times)

zigzag930

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '15 CVO RGU (FLTRUSE) Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset: Hertz HCX165; FuelMoto Stainless 2-1-2; Fullsac 2.0;TTS-100; TTS Mastertune; SuperShox; Custom Dynamic Ringz, Freedom Shield

Yes, I've read the information on their site and from what it says there, I'd have chosen 2-3 other cams.   But when I spoke directly with TR, he said the "new" 625PS would be ideal.  He said they changed the grid recently, so perhaps that is why he has suggested that cam over the others.  I do intend to call them one more time to be sure I understood correctly.

I bet that cam will really perform with added compression.  Down the road I will do either the 117 kit, heads or both.  At that time, I'll adjust the compression as well.

I didn't really have any complaints about the stock cam I had, but hopefully the 625PS will give me better performance. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

Yes, I've read the information on their site and from what it says there, I'd have chosen 2-3 other cams.   But when I spoke directly with TR, he said the "new" 625PS would be ideal.  He said they changed the grid recently, so perhaps that is why he has suggested that cam over the others.  I do intend to call them one more time to be sure I understood correctly.

I bet that cam will really perform with added compression.  Down the road I will do either the 117 kit, heads or both.  At that time, I'll adjust the compression as well.

I didn't really have any complaints about the stock cam I had, but hopefully the 625PS will give me better performance.

I will be interested in what you learn so please share. Thanks.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE

I had the older 625 cam with Tmans street performer kit, thing was a beast... but im with 2lane your going to need more compression to make it shine. it was at 10.6
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member

Got to change the mindset. There are a lot of "good cams" from a lot of good companies. The best results coming from "great combinations" of parts. This is where the limited information we are given is examined and the important timing events are used to choose a grind that compliments what we have existing or future state.

zigzag930

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '15 CVO RGU (FLTRUSE) Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset: Hertz HCX165; FuelMoto Stainless 2-1-2; Fullsac 2.0;TTS-100; TTS Mastertune; SuperShox; Custom Dynamic Ringz, Freedom Shield

For those following this thread, the new long block was installed and being finished up as we speak.

I replaced my RC4.5's with CVO cans having Fulsac 2.0's, installed a chrome inner primary (love that chrome), installed S&S premiums and ultimately decide to go with a TTS100 cam.  As much as I wanted to go with the Tman 625's I felt the TTS100 were a better choice for my basically stock configuration and riding style.

I'm out of town until Monday night and will pick up the bike on Tuesday morning.  Can't wait to see how she rides!   Bike is going to Doc's the following Monday for a tune and I'll report how she feels once all is complete.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)

For those following this thread, the new long block was installed and being finished up as we speak.

I replaced my RC4.5's with CVO cans having Fulsac 2.0's, installed a chrome inner primary (love that chrome), installed S&S premiums and ultimately decide to go with a TTS100 cam.  As much as I wanted to go with the Tman 625's I felt the TTS100 were a better choice for my basically stock configuration and riding style.

I'm out of town until Monday night and will pick up the bike on Tuesday morning.  Can't wait to see how she rides!  Bike is going to Doc's the following Monday for a tune and I'll report how she feels once all is complete.

Very good choice!!   I would recommend you discuss your build with him beforehand in case any pieces/part adjustments should be made.

RIDE SAFE!!

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member

I like the choices you made and they are all harmonious.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG

I'm out of town until Monday night and will pick up the bike on Tuesday morning.  Can't wait to see how she rides!   Bike is going to Doc's the following Monday for a tune and I'll report how she feels once all is complete.
:2vrolijk_21:

zigzag930

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

For those following this thread - Today I picked up Lucielle and had a chance to rider her a bit.

The shop did three heat cycles on initial startup to begin the break-in process.   Then I loaded the base TTS tune for a CVO 110 with TTS 100 and Fullsac 2.0 pipes.  I followed the break in recommended by Doc and completed that in the first 20 miles to seat the rings.

My initial observations:

1) Bike idles noticeably smoother
2) Zero valve train ticking or noise.  In fact I've never had a Harley that was this quiet in the valve train.  (S&S??, TTS?  not sure if one or both made the difference
3) 2500 RPM vibration (which had always been there) is completely gone
4) Fullsac 2.0's are just as loud as the RC4.5's, but more raspier pitch.  I liked the lower tone of the RC's, but may get used to the high pitch over time
5) Torque below 3500 RPM's is absolutely a big improvement over the previous 255's and this is noticeable in every gear.  In fact at 3500 in 4th gear, twisting on full throttle made me think the front wheel might come off the ground. Never experienced that feeling before with this bike.
6) Fair amount of decel popping.

Monday, I have an appointment with Doc who will do his magic tuning work.  Will report back further observations at that time.

I must say that with all the thought and research I put into selecting a cam, the TTS100 is definately doing the job.  I believe this was a great choice and very clear difference in performance (no dyno needed)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:04:54 PM by zigzag930 »

stumps66

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO, V&H power duals, CFR slip ons

sounds awesome.  Thanks for the followup.  Been looking forward to it.  I have decided I will go with the TTS 100 as well.  Let me know how it goes as you break it in. 

Safe travels!!

zigzag930

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

Thought I'd post the results of my new long block, with the TTS100 cam now that the bike has been tuned by Doc.

Torque is outstanding at just over 120 ft lbs.   I was expecting 115, so was very impressed with the end result.

HP is a little lower than I'd hoped at around 96, but I was really more concerned with off the line thru medium RPM power anyway.

Very satisfied with this combination and trust me, you don't need a dyno to tell the difference!

I'll post the dyno chart when I get a change over the next day or so.

zigzag930

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

Dyno chart is posted in this separate thread to be more "searchable" for those looking at cams.

https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=116347.msg1472188#msg1472188
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 25 queries.