Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Selling my gun  (Read 3564 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Selling my gun
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2018, 12:15:01 PM »

I have sold several guns through one of my local gun stores on a consignment sale setup. It has worked out great and everyone on the deals were happy.
I have seen this site for several years and have thought about buying from them but haven't tried them yet...They offer ways to sell as well:
https://www.gunbroker.com/
Those fees though  :o

There was a few on there I considered until I read all the fine print. Local shops were able to make it worth my while to buy local.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2018, 07:33:40 PM »

Like others I have done the gunlist route and just never got completely comfortable with it. Just about anything I buy or sale now goes through a local gun shop.

The idea of making the transfer at a police station does sound interesting though
Most great stores start with a bad decision

TraumaSlave

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2018, 02:05:01 PM »

Having my FFL relieves so many issues in buying. I receive alot if Gun Broker purchases that seem to go well. I have sold a few there too. Now, Arms List has been an issue for a couple guys I know. Cost my dad about $1800 cause he was stupid and sent postal money orders for a gun that never showed up. Thought long and hard about going out to Vegas and hunting down a sorry SOB thief.
A cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer.

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2018, 05:39:13 PM »

TraumaSlave, I would think the police would be very interested in whom stole that gun from your father did you file a report?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2018, 05:59:56 PM »

TraumaSlave, I would think the police would be very interested in whom stole that gun from your father did you file a report?
I think his father bought/paid for a gun that was never delivered :nixweiss:....
Having my FFL relieves so many issues in buying. I receive alot if Gun Broker purchases that seem to go well. I have sold a few there too. Now, Arms List has been an issue for a couple guys I know. Cost my dad about $1800 cause he was stupid and sent postal money orders for a gun that never showed up. Thought long and hard about going out to Vegas and hunting down a sorry SOB thief.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

TraumaSlave

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2018, 08:12:30 AM »

LVPD took a report, USPS took a report,,, nothing has been done. Basically, he is SOL. He never should have done this the way he did. Judgement is one if the first things to go in our old age, I guess.
A cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2018, 06:10:35 PM »

UPDATE
[/color]
Not all reply's are bad. Sold my pistol for $50 less than I offered it for, so I'm happy
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Simple Man

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2018, 02:04:27 PM »

It's pretty sad you can't even depend on cashier's checks (or bank drafts for that matter) anymore.  I'm not sure there is a foolproof form of payment, since even cash is risky these days with all the counterfeit crap floating around or with "buyers" who arrange to meet you and then rob you.  Just one of the many reasons I don't sell anything directly to people I don't know well, and am willing to take less selling things to a dealer.

Btw, I think we all know that banks can actually clear checks in much less than five days if they want to.  These days some banks are worse than the scammers; Wells Fargo comes immediately to mind.

Jerry
US Postal Money Orders can be verified over the phone.
But when selling , either a payment thru paypal or cash is king. I sold a few cars thru paypal payments, the buyer was charged the price plus the paypal fees
Blue 01 FLTRSEI2
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 24 queries.