Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD to "Amplify" It's Brand  (Read 1354 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
HD to "Amplify" It's Brand
« on: September 24, 2019, 12:18:00 PM »

https://www.barrons.com/articles/harley-davidson-stock-drops-after-releasing-plan-to-amplify-its-brand-51569340711

And this:
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3501462-harley-davidson-sets-long-term-ridership-targets

From the first link:

“The company plans to focus investment and build new capabilities to invigorate the Harley-Davidson brand and experience to spark passion that deepens rider commitment,” the statement reads.

“Brand and consumer-facing teams are being structured and aligned with an even deeper consumer focus to reach people with consistent and engaging brand experiences,” it continues.

“The company’s intensified rider-centric approach and extensive consumer research show that bringing new riders in and keeping all riders riding—no matter what their experience level, age or life stage, is critical to achieving its objectives,” it explained.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How?  Magic beans?  Fairy dust?  Time travel???  :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:  :nixweiss:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

Re: HD to "Amplify" It's Brand
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 12:24:14 PM »

Interesting read!!!!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 12:31:21 PM »

Barrons article from link:

Harley-Davidson Stock Is Down After It Released a Plan to ‘Amplify’ Its Brand

By Ben Levisohn
Sept. 24, 2019 11:58 am ET

"11:45 a.m. Harley-Davidson (HOG) released a statement of goals on Tuesday called to “Amplify Brand Power.” The market reception, however, has been frosty.

Now, we know that people who ride Harley’s skew older, and that it is trying to reach a younger audience. And it is statement today focused on that goal. To whit: “With deeper consumer insights driving its refined plan and sharpened objectives, Harley-Davidson, Inc. (”Harley-Davidson”) (NYSE:HOG) is strengthening its efforts to build the next generation of riders.”

So how does Harley plan to strengthen those efforts? Well, details are scant. “The company plans to focus investment and build new capabilities to invigorate the Harley-Davidson brand and experience to spark passion that deepens rider commitment,” the statement reads.

“Brand and consumer-facing teams are being structured and aligned with an even deeper consumer focus to reach people with consistent and engaging brand experiences,” it continues.

“The company’s intensified rider-centric approach and extensive consumer research show that bringing new riders in and keeping all riders riding—no matter what their experience level, age or life stage, is critical to achieving its objectives,” it explained.

Harley offered some goals, too. “Outside the U.S., the company has sharpened its objective through 2027 and plans to grow international business to 50% of annual revenue,” according to the statement.

Those are lofty goals. And Harley plans to reach them with better products, making it easier to buy their motorcycles, and working with dealers to improve the experience, as well as amplifying the brand. It also plans to spend more on the plan to make it happen. To do so, it ”plans to fund it entirely through comprehensive cost reduction and reallocation of previously planned investment and resources including operating investment through 2022 of $450 to $550 million and capital investment through 2022 of $225 to $275 million.”

Harley stock has fallen 3.1% to $34.31 at 11:40 a.m., while the Dow Jones Industrial Average has dipped 23.87 points, or 0.1%, and the S&P 500 has declined 0.2%.

Harley-Davidson declined to comment on the stock’s decline."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeking Alpha article from link:

Harley-Davidson sets long-term ridership targets

Sep. 24, 2019 9:37 AM ET|About: Harley-Davidson, Inc. (HOG)|
By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor
Harley-Davidson (HOG +0.7%) say it's strengthening efforts to build the next generation of riders.

The company plans to focus investment and build new capabilities to invigorate the Harley-Davidson brand and experience to spark passion that deepens rider commitment.

In the U.S., the company plans to expand to 4M total Harley-Davidson riders in the U.S. through 2027 from 3M riders in 2017.

Outside the U.S., the company has sharpened its objective through 2027 and plans to grow international business to 50% of annual revenue.

HOG management is presenting at an investor day event today.

Source: Press Release

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 02:54:29 PM »

I can appreciate the effort, but it's about 10 years too late. Let's see what happens,..
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 06:25:46 PM »

More corporate BS.   (lip service or corporate speak.......choose which term fits best)  Also there are plenty of young guys & women riding HD's around here just not new ones.  They can't afford them!  What's one of their answers...."we will make them easier to buy", what 10 year loans!?!  That would go nicely with their student loans.  I think HD management wants to crash the stock so they can do a stock by back.

Build a good bike @ a good price and stand behind it......people will come
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 06:29:25 PM by RivRaptor »
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 09:21:54 PM »

I'm 56 years young.  Since 2009 I have bought 7 new CVO touring bikes, and eight other touring bikes for my wife.  I have lots of years left riding, and five Harleys.

That said, The quality has gone done hill fast in the last three years.  My 19 CVO quality sucks.  Seat looks like it has 75,000 miles on it and I only have 15K miles.  My wifes bike with 40K shows no wear, and its a 2017.  Paint is coming off my fork legs.  Paint is coming off my shifter.  Paint just flaked off my saddle bag lid, have a big piece in my saddle bag.  Bike has more stone chips in less than a year than my last 6 CVO did added together.

I am told, not by the dealer but HD this is normal wear.  Doesn't matter they got pictures of the seat for my 13 with twice the miles of my 19, no wear on it at all.  I am writing a letter to the MoCo about this.  But if this is what I can expect, I'm going to surf other forums and look at other brands.

I'm the customer they do not want to loose, but they do not care.  7 CVO's in 10 years, total of 15 Touring bikes counting the CVO in 10 years.   
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

mark

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 10:11:24 PM »

https://www.barrons.com/articles/harley-davidson-stock-drops-after-releasing-plan-to-amplify-its-brand-51569340711

And this:
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3501462-harley-davidson-sets-long-term-ridership-targets

From the first link:

“The company plans to focus investment and build new capabilities to invigorate the Harley-Davidson brand and experience to spark passion that deepens rider commitment,” the statement reads.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How?  Magic beans?  Fairy dust?  Time travel???  :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:  :nixweiss:

If anyone is fluent in bullchit, please interpret these statements by HD.  They read like someone in marketing just discovered a Thauraus.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2019, 03:08:56 AM »

If anyone is fluent in bullchit, please interpret these statements by HD.  They read like someone in marketing just discovered a Thauraus.

As time went on during my career, in later years I noticed the ineffective, the disorganized, and the most clueless corporate managers would craft utter bs as "Mission Statements" & " Our Vision".  These appeared to have little basis as to reality at first glance but upon further consideration, it was obvious that these incompetent managers revealed themselves as incompetents by crafting this garbage.  In other words - the companies were a mess because the managers that attempted to run them were themselves a mess.

I worked for a couple of these companies, and when the latest grand nothingburger statements of nothingness were revealed, employees were expected to applaud like trained seals in a water show & not question why the statements said one thing while the company was doing something else.  Well run companies have a clear vision and well defined goals with competent managers and dedicated employees that understand the task at hand.  Harley as a company is lost & drifting and has been for several years.  That is what they are saying in these nonsensical press releases, although that is obviously not their intent.

Another shorter way to say it is: "Other than that one very loud BANG!, did you enjoy the play Ms. Lincoln?"

ultrarider123

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2019, 07:04:33 AM »

Mark, all that corporate gobble-dee-goop reminds me of the old saying "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with..."  well, you know  ;D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 07:06:30 AM by Haird »

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 25 queries.