Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: '09 SERG, jump-up an RG or upgrade an '01?  (Read 3696 times)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
Re: '09 SERG, jump-up an RG or upgrade an '01?
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2009, 09:42:06 AM »

you know hard10, i like  talking about this bike!  It makes me feel Good.   :coolblue:   But I really do like the reassurance that that was a wise purchase since I know you guys really know this stuff. 

Bakes, your bike was extremely well bought and by now you know how sweet that 95 incher is. I got mine a couple of years ago with low miles and almost felt guilty putting miles on such a classic but I got over it quickly. It's fun to look for parts on ebay to keep it stock, and what a rush to find replacement shark fins, covers, manuals, show room brochures, road tests and such. Have fun with that bike, its the one that started all this.  Doc

sem_bunda

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 Electric Orange
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2009, 01:12:14 PM »

Go with the 09 SERG definitely!  Any bike that doesn't "fight" seriously grooved (from constuction) pavement at low or high speeds has something right with it.  Wife and I were on road trip in the rain, followed by two friends (both two up too), and I had to slow down 20-30 mph because they were fighting the pavement with grooves.  The 09 SERG rocks other than the stock wind screen and seat.

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 serg
    • My company site
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2009, 04:03:53 PM »

Bakes, your bike was extremely well bought and by now you know how sweet that 95 incher is. I got mine a couple of years ago with low miles and almost felt guilty putting miles on such a classic but I got over it quickly. It's fun to look for parts on ebay to keep it stock, and what a rush to find replacement shark fins, covers, manuals, show room brochures, road tests and such. Have fun with that bike, its the one that started all this.  Doc

Doc, I feel good about this purchase and im going to take care of it as best I can. eventually I may look for a 2nd hand 09 SERG.
Steve

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2009, 04:22:47 PM »

Doc, I feel good about this purchase and im going to take care of it as best I can. eventually I may look for a 2nd hand 09 SERG.
Steve

...the first and possibly last SERG's, what a stable that will be.  ;)  Doc

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 serg
    • My company site
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2009, 06:10:01 PM »

oh, i didnt mean at the same time!!   But if I was going to have two CVO bikes my vote is for a serg and the 2nd would be the 2003 gold road king with the black accent paint with the 103 motor, im in love with that road king!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.