Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: `15 CVO Street Glide Starter Drags  (Read 1500 times)

fos41

• Full CVO Member
`15 CVO Street Glide Starter Drags
« on: June 13, 2017, 02:07:57 PM »

Not sure where to properly make this post about have a question about the dragging/grunting starter on my 2015 CVO Street Glide.  Bought bike used  now has 7800 miles and most of the time when starting cold or hot the starter grunts initially and eventually turns over the engine and starts. Has anyone else experienced this on their CVO `S?

Before the warranty ran out two different dealers checked the battery and starter normal operation I was told. Someone mentioned this bike has compression releases? The bike always starts, but know this dragging condition will hasten the starters demise over time. Any info much appreciated.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: `15 CVO Street Glide Starter Drags
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 02:59:46 PM »

Not sure where to properly make this post about have a question about the dragging/grunting starter on my 2015 CVO Street Glide.  Bought bike used  now has 7800 miles and most of the time when starting cold or hot the starter grunts initially and eventually turns over the engine and starts. Has anyone else experienced this on their CVO `S?

Before the warranty ran out two different dealers checked the battery and starter normal operation I was told. Someone mentioned this bike has compression releases? The bike always starts, but know this dragging condition will hasten the starters demise over time. Any info much appreciated.

Try those same places now that the warranty has expired and see what they say. ;)    Find someone you trust and have the battery load tested.

The bike does have automatic compression releases, and they need to be working.  Have them tested.  If the bike was previously tuned, it's possible they were turned off by the tuner and need to be re-enabled.  It's also possible of course for them to just fail.

Jerry

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 05:08:07 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.