Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: My FLHXSE2 Problems  (Read 22470 times)

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
Re: My FLHXSE2 Problems
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2017, 12:13:23 PM »

well, you're obviously way above the mileage limit to renew your warranty.  are you going to be looking at a new 2018?  i'm pretty sure I would be.   :2vrolijk_21:

I wanted to renew just before 125 000 km ( that's the cut off) and I decided not too. Good thing I did. They told me that the new warranty did not cover as much of the motor as the old one did.  :o

As for a new 2018 I will take a look when they come out. For me it's about the paint. I totally love the paint and lay out of what I have now. IF they make a 2018 CVO SG hopefully there is a black one with no flames and a chrome motor. The last Anniversary year in 2013 they did not make a CVO SG.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 12:40:22 PM by Mano »

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2017, 12:51:27 PM »

It just wouldn't be another Harley.

Yes I am hooked. I know, like a sheep I will buy another CVO SG. I have 7 bikes. Each one has something different to offer (like a woman  :P ) but the CVO SG, well I cannot explain it.

I will hold on to this bike. I just cannot bring myself to sell. Besides I cannot see me getting much for it anyway.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2017, 10:54:23 AM »

Well picked my bike up on Saturday with a new 110 in it. Sounds tight/better than before but as we know once she gets broken in we know those sounds, ;).

Going to break her in and keep riding. After seeing the paint layout of the 2018's if I had to buy I would go with a new black 2017 but that does not tickle me as much as mine does. IMHO the paint layout of my 2011 is one of the better ones on a CVO. With a fresh 110 in her she is almost new. I just cannot justify paying over $62 000 CAN and not liking the paint.

So my ESP expires in December. Someone once said there was a limit on how much you can get on ESP. Well 2 motors later 7 head units and a whole bunch of other stuff I got over $30 000 CAN done on my scoot. Not really proud of this but thank you lord that I did have it.

So my question to those out there that been there done that.

Do I leave the motor stock and replace the lifters like a scheduled maintenance or do I upgrade to the 117 and have quality parts installed. Should I do the 117 upgrade now that the motor is new or do I wait to put some milage on it.

KY-SESG

• Junior CVO Member
    • KY

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Sold
    • CVO3: 1997 FLSTS Sold; 1991 Sportster Sold
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2017, 06:58:26 PM »

Do I leave the motor stock and replace the lifters like a scheduled maintenance or do I upgrade to the 117 and have quality parts installed. Should I do the 117 upgrade now that the motor is new or do I wait to put some milage on it.

On my way home from Sturgis this year I had a lifter fail catastrophically on my 2015 SESG at 33,500 and ESP is replacing the short block. I decided to have the dealer install the 117" kit since the labor is covered  :2vrolijk. I am putting in Jims lifters instead of the stock CVO junk ones. I say junk because the same lifter failed on my '08 SERK at 34,000 miles and it was out of warranty, no ESP.  >:(

ESP is covering a new oil pan as well, so I decided to go with the expanded capacity oil pan for the difference in $. This adds 1.5 quarts to the stock which should help cool the motor a bit more since the oil will cycle through the motor less frequently. I did the ESP on the SESG because of the failure on the SERK. Glad to have done that since it will be at least $5600 covered by ESP on the repairs due to the lifter failure. Looking forward to the additional torque and power from the 117 kit. :orange:

My advice for anyone with a 110 is to replace the lifters (may as well do Cams too) at <=30,000 miles.
Fullsac DX headers, Fullsac 2" cores w/ screens, TTS Master Tune, 117ci kit, 58mm TB, 259E Cams, high capacity oil pan, Topline Hylift Johnson b2313se lifters, Saddlemen Dominator solo seat, Yaffe 10" Monkeybars, Yaffe Stealth III plate mount, 10" FreedomShield, lower fairing Boom II speakers, Focal 570 bag speakers...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2017, 08:52:36 PM »

Godspeed on the repair.  It's the general consensus there are options better than the Jim's lifters though.  One such at the link below.  Just an FYI if you're interested:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DFADTS6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1AOMQWLSRNOND

KY-SESG

• Junior CVO Member
    • KY

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Sold
    • CVO3: 1997 FLSTS Sold; 1991 Sportster Sold
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2017, 10:09:39 PM »

Godspeed on the repair.  It's the general consensus there are options better than the Jim's lifters though.  One such at the link below.  Just an FYI if you're interested:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DFADTS6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1AOMQWLSRNOND

Thanks for the info and quick response, Twolane.  I want to be sure I am selecting the correct part number for my build. Will this part number, B-2313SE, work with the 117 kit and 259E cams with perfect fit rods on a 2015 SESG?  If so, I will put a stop on the Jims and order the Johnsons instead.

I greatly appreciate the knowledge many of you post on this site. I have been a long time consumer of it, although I rarely have much to contribute.
Fullsac DX headers, Fullsac 2" cores w/ screens, TTS Master Tune, 117ci kit, 58mm TB, 259E Cams, high capacity oil pan, Topline Hylift Johnson b2313se lifters, Saddlemen Dominator solo seat, Yaffe 10" Monkeybars, Yaffe Stealth III plate mount, 10" FreedomShield, lower fairing Boom II speakers, Focal 570 bag speakers...

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2017, 08:46:31 PM »

Thank you Twolanerider.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.