Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: New Indian Fixed Fairing for 2020  (Read 18904 times)

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: New Indian Fixed Fairing for 2020
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2019, 07:56:50 AM »

Base model there I'm guessing because of the color. No Nav. C'mon now TN. We need a pros and cons list from you on your thoughts.

Mike, I'm warming up to it slowly, pros is it's not an HD  :drink: cons it's not an HD  :drink:

I use to buy these things without much due diligence, I'm more frugal with my monies these days and whom I spend it with. I do foresee one in my future.  :orange:  I only rode it 40mi or so but first impression is positive.  :drink:

Go ride one and get back with me
Wut the hell was that maneuver

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2019, 05:43:22 PM »

Mike, I'm warming up to it slowly, pros is it's not an HD  :drink: cons it's not an HD  :drink:

I use to buy these things without much due diligence, I'm more frugal with my monies these days and whom I spend it with. I do foresee one in my future.  :orange:  I only rode it 40mi or so but first impression is positive.  :drink:

Go ride one and get back with me
Would love to ride one. Trouble up here right now is this white crap on the roads called salt.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2019, 07:00:45 AM »

They sound like nice bikes, but I don't think I could ever get past the big, fat, fugly look of that front-end ... it just ruins the bike for me.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2019, 11:03:38 AM »

Has anyone found a good video that they can share that explains the water cooled motor?

To me, that is the appealing part and could make it very popular for those that live in the sun belt.

The HD wet-head motor does help a little to cool the motor but will still over heat on hot days.   

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2019, 12:17:19 PM »

Has anyone found a good video that they can share that explains the water cooled motor?

To me, that is the appealing part and could make it very popular for those that live in the sun belt.

The HD wet-head motor does help a little to cool the motor but will still over heat on hot days.   
Very true. The facts are that a water cooled motor is designed with tighter tolerances, can have higher compression, operates at a more consistent temperatures. Generally run better, produce more power. It's the only way a manufacturer can meet today's worldwide emmissions requirements while producing the power/performance todays buyers want. Especially in warmer climates.

Air cooled motors were the norm when we traveled at lower speeds, had far less traffic and little to no emmissions requirements.

Indian made a smart move designing a water cooled motor. Hopefully Harley answers Indian with a re-designed touring line. Long overdue.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2019, 01:00:26 PM »

[/quote]
They sound like nice bikes, but I don't think I could ever get past the big, fat, fugly look of that front-end ... it just ruins the bike for me.
My FLHXSE3 is looking pretty damn ugly these days as it sits in the garage waiting to be sent to the mainland to get the havoc caused by another dealer doing $8500 of shoddy warranty work. I am having trouble getting past the quality of the product and service.......it just ruins the bike for me!

I hope that it gets fixed.....and I can learn to love again!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 01:03:42 PM by dayne66 »
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2019, 08:32:50 PM »

went to the Long Beach show yesterday and saw it in person. I thought the fairing looked much better in person than what I had seen in the pics but also thought the inner fairing looked very cheap and "plasticky" (new word..). Not the Challenger but another of their baggers (not familiar with the line) had their upgraded exhaust on and sounded terrific. It was at the demo truck and I asked the guy that just tried it and he said the power felt great. I personally would have trouble with the looks of that inner fairing but gotta believe as the model progresses they will address that but who knows. I certainly did not hate the looks of the bike in person like I did the pics for whatever thats worth..
Alan

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2019, 03:13:13 AM »

I just finished watching no less than half a dozen test-ride vids on this bike. The MoCo is going to be hurting even more if they don't up their game. This vid here has the best sound of the bike itself compared to others. He doesn't seem so enthused as some of the other reviews, but seemed impressed. Most are giggling and laughing like girls and have nothing but praise for it.

MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2019, 06:02:33 AM »

I just finished watching no less than half a dozen test-ride vids on this bike. The MoCo is going to be hurting even more if they don't up their game. This vid here has the best sound of the bike itself compared to others. He doesn't seem so enthused as some of the other reviews, but seemed impressed. Most are giggling and laughing like girls and have nothing but praise for it.
Good Vid  Thanks for posting!   I had actually ridden up to Iron Pony about 3 weeks ago and they still had not received any Challengers.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2019, 07:12:00 AM »

Good Vid  Thanks for posting!   I had actually ridden up to Iron Pony about 3 weeks ago and they still had not received any Challengers.
Almost rode down there yesterday on my day off. Didn't feel like riding home in the dark though with Bambi and all Her relatives running around like crazy right now.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2019, 08:33:05 AM »

Good video on the Challenger.  I agree with him, Harley needs to step up their game with ride modes, and so on.  That bike is also keyless and power locks like a CVO.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2019, 09:02:03 AM »

All in all I really like the video and agree with his comments directed at Harley. The one thing I didn't like was the input of comparison to the HD 114 which gave the opportunity to allow Harley to be closer in Torque specs. I believe it should be compared to the 107 for a more apples to apples comparison in size, in which, it severely blows it away. Just to be real.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

mark

« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2019, 09:23:56 AM »

Perhaps this will be a wake-up call to HD, much like the Japanese auto manufacturers stung GM, Ford, and Chrysler in the 70s.  For the life of me, I can't understand why the MoCo didn't explore using a retuned/modified Revolution engine in a bagger back in the early 2000's.     

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2019, 07:30:58 AM »

Got to see the thunder black pearl, still waiting to lay my eyes on the deepwater metallic. The base model doesn’t come with smart lean technology and isn’t an option. You’d have to watch a video on that cause I couldn’t articulate on it, how do we ride without it.  :drink:
Dealer was busy Friday, a customer that owns one and has close to 5k miles on it started talking with me and he was giddy about his, I appreciated his candor and still need to ride one for a few days, haven’t been offered that option yet, got to make them think it’s their idea

Wut the hell was that maneuver

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2019, 08:04:56 PM »

Got to see the thunder black pearl, still waiting to lay my eyes on the deepwater metallic. The base model doesn’t come with smart lean technology and isn’t an option. You’d have to watch a video on that cause I couldn’t articulate on it, how do we ride without it.  :drink:
Dealer was busy Friday, a customer that owns one and has close to 5k miles on it started talking with me and he was giddy about his, I appreciated his candor and still need to ride one for a few days, haven’t been offered that option yet, got to make them think it’s their idea

Any dealer will let you have it for however many days you want, just sign on the dotted line! lol.
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 25 queries.