Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Motorcycle shipping.........  (Read 2410 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Motorcycle shipping.........
« on: August 29, 2006, 06:50:05 PM »

As I've posted in another thread, on the way back from Sturgis, in Idaho Falls, Idaho I discovered that my bike wasn't pumping oil (in another thread) so I had the dealership ship my bike from there to Harley Davidson of Sacramento.

It was pretty nice, no hassel, no paperwork, just left the bikes in their possession, gave them the credit card and we were off to the airport.  During shipment my front fender was dented pretty good and paint peeled on both corners of the front lip.  The tech at HD of Sacramento saw it as soon as they opened the truck door and he'd not accept the bikes until he documented it and took photos and had the driver sign it.

Harley Davidson now ships bikes (see their web site) using Eagle Global Logistics.  I called the sales manager at the dealership in Idaho Falls, Id. and he called the truck lines.  He told me that the truck lines only covers up to $50 (Fifty dollers) in damage and that my motorcycle is used.  I told him "well that's sure not acceptable and that sounds like a problem between you and them.....I negotiated that shipment with you and paid you".  He replied, "well we took your money here, but we just do it as a courtesy for you".  I said "no, you do it for profit".

Since then, Eagle Logistics took nearly a week to return his call.  Now he's provided me with a name and phone number of a gentleman that's supposed to be Customer Service for Eagle Global Logistics.  I called last week and left a voice mail, I called yesterday and left a voice mail and I called early this morning and left a voice mail.......so far, my call has gone unanswered.

Just stating the facts and keeping my opnion out of it.......you can form your own. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
Re: Motorcycle shipping.........
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 06:52:59 PM »

Thats f*&ked up...
I am sure you will have your way with them when u are done
keep us up to date..
maybe enlist our new attorney friend! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 06:57:16 PM »

IMHO, you contracted the dealer to get your bike to Sac and paid them for the service.It's their issue to resolve with the trucking company.  For example, if you were to sue, you would have to sue the dealer since that is who you have the contract with.  If the the dealer wanted to recoup their money, they would have to sue the trucking company.  I would call consumer hotlines, Better Business Bureau, and HD Headquarters and start stirring the pot.  

I find that I'll deal with a service rep and their manager, then I call or write to the president of the company.  I have always gotten the dispute settled in my favor using this tactic.  Sears, North American Van Lines, Terminex, Levitz...

Hopefully will work with HD as well.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 07:01:10 PM »

JC,

Not sure if they used the HD shipping guys but this is off the shipping website.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 07:03:11 PM by Rjob749 »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 07:52:17 PM »

JC,
This really sucks, on top of the frustration that you dealing w/bike being down for repairs you have to deal w/this hassle/inconvenience of damage done because of the break-down. Why does this seem so typical of the way things happen, and nobody wants to take responsibility. Hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction and soon. BTW what have they found out to be the cause of the breakdown?

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 12:31:56 AM »

JC;
Ernie is 100% correct, you paid the dealer and obtained a receipt from the dealer. They are the ones that needs to make good on this. They will then need to go after the shipper.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 01:58:18 AM »

Hey! JC
I do agree with everybody but you can go one step farther, stop payment on your credit card. Call them and dispute the charge it will surely get there attention.  You have 60 days from the first billing,  I've done it several times. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Don

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 12:55:54 PM »

Hey! JC
I do agree with everybody but you can go one step farther, stop payment on your credit card. Call them and dispute the charge it will surely get there attention.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Crawdaddy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoy your Freedom
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 03:22:57 PM »

That just sucks JC.  The real problem is that the freight claim will take three months to settle with the insurance company.

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 03:47:04 PM »

I will have a  [smiley=drink.gif] for you to help get through this. On the serious side good luck and stay on them. >:(

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 03:40:17 PM »

**Update**

Got a call from HD Customer Service on Friday.  I've been told that Grand Teton Harley Davidson shipped the bikes through the whosale (dealer to dealer) division of the truck lines rather then the retail division (Harley customers).  So the dealership will have to make it right with the fender and then they'll have to file a claim with the truck lines.

Picked my bike up yesterday from Harely Davidson of Sacramento from getting the cam shoes replaced.  They told me that HD corporate had contacted them about the bent fender saga.  They said that they're not even going to mess with it any more......that they've already ordered me a new fender and that they'll take it up with the truck lines.  They felt that Grand Teton HD should have done the same thing the first day that I called them.  Anyway, thanks to HD of Sacramento, the fender has been ordered.

West Coast GTG   

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 03:50:44 PM »

JC,
Glad to hear this, and glad to hear Sacramento H-D is stepping up to the plate and keeping the customer happy. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2006, 04:06:06 PM »

JC
    Sorry about the whole episode with the bike breaking down and then the fiasco on the damage in shipping. Glad to hear that the issue with the shipper has been resolved and your bike is soon to be good as new.

Adios Amigo
                 Big B

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2006, 07:13:55 PM »

Good to here somebodies stepped to fix it JCZ.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2006, 12:54:32 PM »

Thought I might add a couple more things to this thread.......

While in Sturgis (and in Cheyenne, Wy. on the way to Sturgis) I noticed that my bike was making more noise.  I thought it was a combination of things like......riding for eight or ten hours straight, top end noise that comes with putting the miles on the motor (24k), and that it had just gradually gotten worse but that I hadn't noticed because I wear a full face helmet and usually have my stereo cranked.   That noise that I thought was top end noise, I now know to be noise caused from the cam chain tensioners being worn out.......because now I don't have that noise.

On another note.........if you have extended warranty, it will not cover "worn out" cam chain tensioner shoes.....it will only cover the job if they're "broken".  I guess the moral of this story is to make sure that it's broke. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

West Coast GTG   
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 24 queries.