Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alabama / Mississippi Local Info Question????  (Read 684 times)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
Alabama / Mississippi Local Info Question????
« on: September 05, 2006, 11:33:54 AM »

I drive down Hwy 78 from Memphis to Birmingham, then I-65 south almost every Friday this time of year but for the last month I've changed to Hwy. 45 @ Tupelo, then hwy. 82 thru Tuscaloosa, down to Montgomery. My question is, I've seen 10,000 bikes primarily in two areas on Hwy 82, Columbus and just below Tuscaloosa. I know there can't be local events every weekend and there seems to be no uniformity to the bikes, crotch rockets, Hondas and Harleys. But for the last 4 weeks, I see at least 200 - 300 bikes every Friday and Sunday, all in groups of 4 or 5. Are these areas leading to good rides?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 11:35:18 AM by MJZ »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Alabama / Mississippi Local Info Question????
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 12:59:25 PM »

I drive down Hwy 78 from Memphis to Birmingham, then I-65 south almost every Friday this time of year but for the last month I've changed to Hwy. 45 @ Tupelo, then hwy. 82 thru Tuscaloosa, down to Montgomery. My question is, I've seen 10,000 bikes primarily in two areas on Hwy 82, Columbus and just below Tuscaloosa. I know there can't be local events every weekend and there seems to be no uniformity to the bikes, crotch rockets, Hondas and Harleys. But for the last 4 weeks, I see at least 200 - 300 bikes every Friday and Sunday, all in groups of 4 or 5. Are these areas leading to good rides?

In Columbus, I could see it being spill over from Natchez Trace Pkwy, but from T-town to Montgomery...don't have a clue [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Pap

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Alabama / Mississippi Local Info Question????
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 08:26:42 AM »

Alabama is just a great place to ride.  Several folks have bikes and get together on weekends for small group rides.  Like TC, I don't know of any special events or areas, but when I ride, I see alot of scooters on the road.

Ride Safe,
Pap
There are risks and costs to a program of action.  But they are far less than the long range risks and costs of comfortable inaction.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 25 queries.