Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Looks like trouble in Colorado for riding..  (Read 3753 times)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: Looks like trouble in Colorado for riding..
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2018, 09:20:01 AM »

Not sure where you're staying but if you're going to be in the area for a couple of days I would highly recommend a loop that could probably be done in 3 hrs. if you just rode it and didn't stop but you'll want to stop a number of places along the way.....so it'll be pretty much an all day ride.

Let's say you're staying in Ouray, ride south on Hwy550 (aka The Million Dollar Hwy) to Silverton (you'll probably want to stop at least for half hour) and then on to Durango.  Go west on Hwy. 160 to Cortez and then north to Dolores (nice little town....might call for another half hour stop) on Hwy. 145.  Continue north on 145 to Telluride where you'll want to spend at least a couple hours.  From Telluride, continue on to Ridgway and on back to Ouray.   That's a loop that you'll never forget.

That is a great loop.  I usually stay in Ouray as its a neat town.  I have road the loop both ways.  Always stop in Silverton and Telluride.  Nice fall out a dirt road at the end of Telluride.  Raining one time when we rode out to the falls.  My wife and I were standing by my bike when two guys on Adventure bikes walked up and said I can't believe you rode that bike out here in the muddy road.  I said we wanted to see the falls.  He ask where our friend was with the other bike.  My wife quickly said thats my road glide.  The look on their faces was priceless.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 24 queries.