Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SE cylinder heads  (Read 2703 times)

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
SE cylinder heads
« on: September 21, 2008, 11:11:11 PM »

On the 110 engine, are the heads anything special? I'm being told they are the same as 96 engine heads. Also I am experiencing a very, very light roughness in the engine til it hits 2200 rpms were it begins to run smooth as silk. This is really minor but it is there. Anyone else. I think B Beer replied on another forum that he did also have this roughness as I refer to it.
   Gary

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: SE cylinder heads
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 08:29:21 AM »

On the 110 engine, are the heads anything special? I'm being told they are the same as 96 engine heads. Also I am experiencing a very, very light roughness in the engine til it hits 2200 rpms were it begins to run smooth as silk. This is really minor but it is there. Anyone else. I think B Beer replied on another forum that he did also have this roughness as I refer to it.
   Gary

Gary, the CVO110 heads and the TC96 heads are completely different animals.  Many differences, the most obvious being hemispherical combustion chamber versus bathtub, compression releases on the 110, higher valve lift springs, etc.  As to whether this makes them "special" or not is debateable. 

Roughness at low engine speeds is common, but a good tune can make it better. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
Re: SE cylinder heads
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 09:14:56 AM »

I asked this question on 3 other forums and you are the first to respond. Thanks.
  Gary
  Gary

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 24 queries.