Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXDFSE Plus Cobra Speedster Slashdown  (Read 3734 times)

Rickter

FXDFSE Plus Cobra Speedster Slashdown
« on: May 04, 2009, 09:42:27 PM »

I just installed the #6857 Cobra Slashdown Exhaust on a 2009 SE Fat Bob.  So far so good.  I have SEPST, nearly a waste of money compared to the TTS Mastertune.  I'm not finished tuning yet but here is the juice.  Part 1 and Part 2.

Rickter

Re: FXDFSE Plus Cobra Speedster Slashdown
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 09:43:24 PM »

Part 2

REHAB

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 05:29:23 PM »

Wow, I wish I had the time and patients you did for that great documentary. (the garden hose idea was the best I've heard yet)
My install was just about the same with my Cobra Dragsters (Model#6817). Only difference, I added some Fiberglass to my Baffles for a more mellow sound.

Got to love them Cobras.
MrGPD

Rickter

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 06:20:53 PM »

They look awesome...!!!!!!

I'm riding but still working on my spark and VE tables little by little. 

The Slashdown is about one notch below obnoxious.  Perfect for me so I did'nt add any fiber.

I'm still looking into getting the Bracket chromed, or hammer gray.  Forsome reason the black on grey bugs me.

Ride Safe

REHAB

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 09:50:13 AM »

Hi Rick, not quite sure what you're running for a tuner but if it would help I'll be happy to email the changes I've made to my SE-Supertuner map (176PQ006.dt0) to make it run great with straight pipes.

I've only made changes to the Air-Fuel Ratio Table, Decel Enleanment Table and Idle RPM, that's it.

Plugs and O2 Sensors are a nice rich brown tan color.
 Absolutely no backfire on deceleration from any RPM.
 Plenty of torque through Low, Medium and High RPM ranges.
 Slow (936rpm) idle after warm up.

I know a Dyno with Sniffers would do a better job but why pay when I've got what I need right now.
Anyhow, it's perfect for the way an old guy like me rides, (90% below 4K rpm)  :) LOL.
MrGPD

2fatbob09

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 02:49:40 PM »

So, how do these mods fit under warranty??

2fatbob09

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 03:03:28 PM »

Although I prefer the look of the Tommy Gun, those pipes look great.

REHAB

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 03:08:11 PM »

Think Smart, if you have a problem you remove the mods before you return to the dealer. If that doesn't work slip the Service Manager a "C" note.
Remember this, Harley has to prove your Mod caused the problem to refuse warranty work.

If you like a bike that cost upward of $25K you should be able to Pay to Play.
Just my 2Cents,
MrGPD

2fatbob09

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 04:29:49 PM »

I don't disagree with you, but it already is a Screamin' Eagle, how much better can we make it? I know for a fact that adding a SERT or any other tuner will not make that big a difference, or cool it down that much more considering the investment on our end. I added a SERT/Dyno'd mine and I must say the difference is not drastically noticable in heat reduction or horsepower. It is quicker but not faster, and it already is fast. Mine has 3500 miles on it, my Harley tech has 7200 on his CVO Fat Bob and said that it gets better as you ride and break it in.  But to each his own. Your bike looks great.....safe riding and best of luck :drink:

Rickter

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 09:34:26 PM »

Thanks for the map offer.  I'm using the TTS.  I also have the Super Tuner.  I like the TTS much better.  Things are going well with the tuning. I like to experiment anyway.  Rode with the wife yesterday, No, I rode with the wife I know what you're thinkin. :O  Anyway, the extra weight was nothin for the CVO.  She's only about 105 wet. 

The bike runs great.  No popping, good smooth power.  Lot's of low torque. Much more low end than before the pipe change.  Feels like it idles at 70mph in 6th. 

It does have a little surging at parking lot speed but that might be normal.  I like the speedster pipes more each time I ride.  I'm fine tuning the surges and picky items.  Runs much cooler with the new tune.  I have yet to go into rear cyl shutdown.  I used to do that all the time with stock pipes and stock tune. 

I pick up lots of help here.  I listen and appeaciate what everyone says. Part of the Harley experience.

2fatbob09

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 07:37:50 AM »

Looks good!.....I installed the SERT and Dyno'd it does run about 10 degrees cooler based on my readings.....how much cooler is yours running with Super Tuner?  For what it's worth, technicians from the MoCo, MMI (Motorcycle Mechanics Institute), and the Harley dealer state that it is not healthy long term for EIMS not to operate. Sometime I don't know what to believe.

REHAB

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 09:29:11 AM »

Hi 2fatbob09, to answer your questions, I've been checking head heat on my Rear Cylinder just to the right of the spark plug base (1/4 in) with my Laser heat reader. When it was stock (minus the cat header) readings were 325 give or take a couple. After the exhaust change to Cobra Dragsters, (driving the same route (15 miles) and speed (40 mph avg)), I dropped down to about 307.
 After many hours of map changes I got Rear Cyl Head Temp down to 278 to 297 riding the same route & speed. Air temp about 70 to 75. (all degrees in Fahrenheit).

By NOT using the stock exhaust (2 into 1 into 2) I've stopped the extra heat from the rear exhaust pipe and collector (465 degrees at collector with no cat) from heating the right side of the cylinders and crank case. (a stock 08-09 Fat Bob header pipe has no cat and bolts right on)

Average oil temp (with Harley's new digital dip stick) is 237 give or take a couple. I saw 242 a couple of times.
 I check my oil temp after the ride and after I check the head temp. So I'm checking my oil temp less than 90 seconds after motor shut-off.

Head Temp and Oil temp drop quite fast after motor shut-off. To get accurate and stable readings your "time till check" must be consistent.

Hope this turns on some lights on for you.
MrGPD
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 12:06:12 PM by NASTY1 »

2fatbob09

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 09:11:13 AM »

That is great information! Thanks!!

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 24 queries.