Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32

Author Topic: Gap between seat and tanK?  (Read 84476 times)

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
  • "There are no LifeGuards in the Gene Pool"
    • TX

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage Softail (NON CVO)
Re: Gap between seat and tanK?
« Reply #255 on: March 22, 2010, 06:21:08 PM »

Has anyone done this?

Being an Engineer myself you would think that the HD engineers which n ot sure of their age or experience would have thought of this.  But it seems that there is definately a lack of forsight and expereince in the HD facility! 

PS:  I build airplanes for a living and we always look for ways to accomodate situations where 2 parts are being mounted.

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
  • "There are no LifeGuards in the Gene Pool"
    • TX

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage Softail (NON CVO)
« Reply #256 on: March 22, 2010, 06:24:22 PM »

Has anyone done this?

I build airplanes for a living and have done so for the past 30 plus years.  IT seems that HD is lacking the forsight and experience to see that this issue might arise.  But like other issues on this bike how much is done by people with experience and knowledge?  I see this all the time in the Aerospace industry and more so now that so much of our american engineering is being outsourced and their is the lack of communication and ability to really look forward. 

baggy

• CVO1: 2010 SESG spiced rum
    • CVO2: 2007 softail custom
« Reply #257 on: March 22, 2010, 08:29:06 PM »

I also are thinking about an after market seat. We the wife and I find the stock seat uncomfortable on long trips and I have the gap problem too. Has anyone tried the sundowner deep bucket seat Part # 51630-09A? Does it change the rider position and how comfortable is it for both rider and passenger?Also can you use the stock passenger back rest? The dealer will change the seat for the gap problem for the same seat. I said I would pay the difference between the two seats but they said no. It has to be replaced under warranty with the same stock seat. Go figure.

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #258 on: March 22, 2010, 10:15:05 PM »

I also are thinking about an after market seat. We the wife and I find the stock seat uncomfortable on long trips and I have the gap problem too. Has anyone tried the sundowner deep bucket seat Part # 51630-09A? Does it change the rider position and how comfortable is it for both rider and passenger?Also can you use the stock passenger back rest? The dealer will change the seat for the gap problem for the same seat. I said I would pay the difference between the two seats but they said no. It has to be replaced under warranty with the same stock seat. Go figure.

I asked earlier on this forum about Sundowner vs. Mustang seats. The response was 100% for the Mustang. I just got a Mustang solo w/rider backrest and matching 13.5" pillion and couldn't be happier. According to those who know, after a year or two, the Sundowner foam packs down. I've had 3 Mustang seats before, and am sure that I'll be happy with the new one for years and years. Not cheap, but what is?

baggy

« Reply #259 on: March 23, 2010, 07:29:55 AM »

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to look at the mustang seats online. Do you know which model it is and how does it look on the bike?

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #260 on: March 23, 2010, 08:33:19 AM »

Found this in a road glide thread. The Service Bulletin M1269 regarding seat gap issue dated March 11, 2010. My Dealer was struggling getting info from Deeley Imports (Canadian MoCo Distributor)... he should have no trouble now.

See attached pdf
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #261 on: March 23, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »

Found this in a road glide thread. The Service Bulletin M1269 regarding seat gap issue dated March 11, 2010. My Dealer was struggling getting info from Deeley Imports (Canadian MoCo Distributor)... he should have no trouble now.

See attached pdf

The SERG seats are on backorder and with no shipping date as of Fri.  Doc

baggy

« Reply #262 on: March 23, 2010, 09:51:41 AM »

My bike was built on Feb 5 and there is no bumper kit. My dealer was also having a problem with Deeley imports. Thanks I will forward this service bulletin to my dealer.

baggy

« Reply #263 on: March 23, 2010, 10:10:40 AM »

I just checked my VIN and it is after the VIN stated in the service bulletin, but no bumper kit. Harley Davidson are mixed up on the VINs. So from the bulletin it sounds like if you have tried the bumper kit and a new stock seat and there is still a gap, they will give you a seat from P&A department.

Sun Devil

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Rum
« Reply #264 on: March 23, 2010, 10:42:15 AM »

Thank You HDDOCFL , for posting the Service Bulletin. In order to receive the Seat Bumper Kit "FIX", I had to remove my rear saddlebag guards, as the bumper "FIX"
will not fit with the guards installed. Thanks again for your posting of the service bulletin.
“They don’t know that we know they know we know.”

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #265 on: March 23, 2010, 01:25:48 PM »

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to look at the mustang seats online. Do you know which model it is and how does it look on the bike?

It's this seat 15" Solo With Driver Backrest Only
#79100 - 15" Solo with Driver Backrest Only Road King 1997-2007, FL Screamin' Eagle 1997-2005 & FLHX Street Glide 2006-2007 15" Solo with Backrest...

You can see some pics of my seat installed on this thread http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=47294.0 The pillion shown is the 13.5"
I just ordered a 8.5" pillion pad to use with the low sissy bar when I'm not riding two up. I can heartily recommend the Mustang driver's backrest as well. It's easily adjustable while you're riding and folds flat for easy on/off the bike.

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #266 on: March 23, 2010, 02:48:21 PM »

We are using the Sundowner and find it very comfortable! the rider does sit about 1" higher than the SESG seat. We also have the stock Street Glide Seat for solo and it sits about the same as the stock SESG seat. Both fit properly without the gap issues.

Dealer has bumper kit on order should be in this week. We will continue to use the Sundowner for 2 up riding.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 02:52:56 PM by Wheelsnkeels »
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #267 on: March 23, 2010, 07:12:06 PM »

I just checked my VIN and it is after the VIN stated in the service bulletin, but no bumper kit. Harley Davidson are mixed up on the VINs. So from the bulletin it sounds like if you have tried the bumper kit and a new stock seat and there is still a gap, they will give you a seat from P&A department.

Here is the email i got from my dealer today after i sent him the bulletin.

Good Morning Nick;

Got your e-mail regarding the service bulletin about the seat gap issue with your bike. I have ordered you a bumper kit for your new bike, that should take care of this issue. The kits have not arrived at Deeley's Concord office, but when they do get to Canada, your kit will be here the very next day. We will call you when they come in.
Thanks,
Al
Service Manager
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #268 on: March 23, 2010, 07:20:15 PM »

I have an appointment this Thursday for my 1000 mile service.  Dealer called and informed me that he ordered the bumper kit after the 15th but it wouldn't be shipped to him until after the 30th of this month.  If I've been waiting for 6 months for the fix I guess another couple of weeks won't make much difference.   :nixweiss:
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

baggy

« Reply #269 on: March 23, 2010, 07:35:39 PM »

I forwarded the service bulletin to my dealer today. I received an email back that said the kit was back ordered from deeley and they would call me when it comes in.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 25 queries.