Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32

Author Topic: Gap between seat and tanK?  (Read 84495 times)

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Gap between seat and tanK?
« Reply #270 on: March 25, 2010, 08:44:49 AM »

Had the bumper kit installed and still no fix.  Talked to two HD dealers in SA TX and neither one had any idea of the problem which I quickly educated them on.  They (one of them) will look at the bike today and "confirm" my problem and then order the replacement seat.  More to follow for sure.....................
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Old Harley Dude

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE, Spiced Rum
« Reply #271 on: March 25, 2010, 10:21:38 AM »

Had the same problem with my OEM seat on my SGSE.  Dealer got a replacement seat (just another of the same design). Put it on and it sagged 1" first time on it. I decided to go with Corbin Solo Classic with removable pillion. Looks great and rides the same.

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #272 on: March 25, 2010, 01:57:39 PM »

Had the same problem with my OEM seat on my SGSE.  Dealer got a replacement seat (just another of the same design). Put it on and it sagged 1" first time on it. I decided to go with Corbin Solo Classic with removable pillion. Looks great and rides the same.

thanks but that is what I expected.  I'm looking at a C&C seat in addition to trying to get the OEM fixed.  Before I buy a new seat I'm going to a local custom shop here in San Antonio and see one of the guys who does excellant seat work (at least from what I've seen at the recent bike show here).  I have a Corbin on my 2003 and love it but I'm looking for a softer seat this time around.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #273 on: March 26, 2010, 02:14:56 PM »

Beware softer generally = back pain
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #274 on: March 26, 2010, 02:21:48 PM »

Just an update.  My local dealership has ordered me the replacement seat after inspecting things and convincing themself that the bumper kit didn't work.  The seat is on backorder and not sure when I'll actually get it but unless I'm really lucky I expect it not to correct the problem.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Sun Devil

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Rum
« Reply #275 on: March 30, 2010, 03:26:57 PM »

My Las Vegas dealer order new seat 51995-10A on 3/25 received 3/29. The pan is much stronger, no sag. Finally fixed and I can use my saddlebag guards. :orange:
“They don’t know that we know they know we know.”

CVOBros2

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE SESG Tequila Sunrise
« Reply #276 on: March 30, 2010, 10:41:31 PM »

My Las Vegas dealer order new seat 51995-10A on 3/25 received 3/29. The pan is much stronger, no sag. Finally fixed and I can use my saddlebag guards. :orange:

Hey Sun Devil is the new seat the same CVO seat that we have now, just an upgraded version to fix all this seats problems or is it a totally different seat(looks different)?  I can't tell from the picture of the underside, of course I haven't taken my seat off yet to look at it from that angle either, lol  :D  Do you have any pics of the new seat on the bike to see the gap fixed?

Sun Devil

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #277 on: March 30, 2010, 11:51:23 PM »

The new 'A" seat looks exactly like the original, except the pan is stiffer. I'm not sure if it's a new pan design or if they just reinforced the original seat pan with a fiberglass mesh or some other chit. At any rate, it appears that this fixes the gap problem. Unless, it fails to hold up after some road time.

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #278 on: March 31, 2010, 05:01:11 PM »

Well this topic seems to keep coming up with all kinds of surprises. :nixweiss:

Who would have thought that HD would come up with this half hearted bumper fix AND a revised seat?

Devil,  did you have to prove you had a gap in your seat to have them order the new revised one? 

I would be very interested in trying to get this revised seat before I half to mess with the older one if at all possible.

Sun Devil

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #279 on: March 31, 2010, 05:34:21 PM »

I had to go the long route. Over the first few months the gap grew larger and the dealer did not have any fix. Then the MoCo came up with the bumper fix, which almost works (small gap remains) however, I had to remove my saddlebag guards (saddlebag guards will not work with bumpers, it's one or the other). I called MOCo customer service and was told the bumpers is the fix and that no new bumpers would be issued that will work with Saddlebag guards and now new seat was announced. Then one of the guys on this site posted a service bulletin  about a new seat. It seems as if the Moco wants everyone to get the bumbers first and if your not happy then they will send the new seat. I complained that I had to remove my guards and I wanted a new seat. Got it in three working days. Now it needs to be road tested. Should we "ASS-U-ME" the new bikes have the new seat???

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #280 on: March 31, 2010, 05:40:05 PM »

I had to go the long route. Over the first few months the gap grew larger and the dealer did not have any fix. Then the MoCo came up with the bumper fix, which almost works (small gap remains) however, I had to remove my saddlebag guards (saddlebag guards will not work with bumpers, it's one or the other). I called MOCo customer service and was told the bumpers is the fix and that no new bumpers would be issued that will work with Saddlebag guards and now new seat was announced. Then one of the guys on this site posted a service bulletin  about a new seat. It seems as if the Moco wants everyone to get the bumbers first and if your not happy then they will send the new seat. I complained that I had to remove my guards and I wanted a new seat. Got it in three working days. Now it needs to be road tested. Should we "ASS-U-ME" the new bikes have the new seat???

Does anyone have a copy of this "seat" service bulletin?  (Not the bumper service bulletin)
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

Sun Devil

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #281 on: March 31, 2010, 06:10:50 PM »

See Attached Service Bulletin. I printed a copy and took it to service.

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #282 on: March 31, 2010, 06:39:56 PM »

See Attached Service Bulletin. I printed a copy and took it to service.

Exactly what I need..........Thanks :2vrolijk_21:
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #283 on: April 02, 2010, 10:54:24 AM »

I was hoping that the seat issue was isolated to either "hum" larger riders, or earlier bikes.  Unfortunatey, I put my first 300 miles on mine yesterday and when I got home, looked at the seat and there was the gap.  We'll see if my dealer will play ball on this.  Thanks everyone for sharing this information, I'm sure it will help when I talk to the dealer.
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #284 on: April 02, 2010, 02:42:44 PM »

Just talked to my dealer, they are making me go with the bumper kit first before they can order a new seat.  What a wasted of their time and my time >:(  That means two trips to the dealer to fix the same problem, as there is no way I'm going to settle for the bumper fix when they have a new seat out to fix the problem!  Frustrating >:(
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 21 queries.