Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32

Author Topic: Gap between seat and tanK?  (Read 84467 times)

dustingaunder

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE in Spiced Rum
Re: Gap between seat and tanK?
« Reply #285 on: April 02, 2010, 08:54:25 PM »

I had to go the long route. Over the first few months the gap grew larger and the dealer did not have any fix. Then the MoCo came up with the bumper fix, which almost works (small gap remains) however, I had to remove my saddlebag guards (saddlebag guards will not work with bumpers, it's one or the other). I called MOCo customer service and was told the bumpers is the fix and that no new bumpers would be issued that will work with Saddlebag guards and now new seat was announced. Then one of the guys on this site posted a service bulletin  about a new seat. It seems as if the Moco wants everyone to get the bumbers first and if your not happy then they will send the new seat. I complained that I had to remove my guards and I wanted a new seat. Got it in three working days. Now it needs to be road tested. Should we "ASS-U-ME" the new bikes have the new seat???

Don't assume.  I picked my bike up a week ago today and it had the bumpers already installed from the factory and the seat pan is a flimsy POS.
2010 FLHXSE w/
Fullsac X-Pipe 'B'
2.0 Baffles
TTS Tune
Clearview 8" Smoke Recurve
Nice and Simple!

Sun Devil

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Rum
« Reply #286 on: April 02, 2010, 09:19:36 PM »

That's really disappointing. $31,000 bike and the MoCo is still using the bumper "fix" on new deliveries. :-\
“They don’t know that we know they know we know.”

chopper roy

« Reply #287 on: April 07, 2010, 06:16:57 PM »

My brother in law gave me his 2009 street glide seat (brand new) fits great and looks great, and no gap. We'll have to see how it rides. Thoughts anybody?

BLU Bike

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #288 on: April 07, 2010, 08:09:53 PM »

I installed my wife's '08 SG seat and then the matching riders backrest and tour pack backrest. I like the look but I always use an airhawk pad which I bought for long trips and once I used it I never go without it so I can't say if the seat is comfortable on it's own. 

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #289 on: April 07, 2010, 08:16:11 PM »

I had to go the long route. Over the first few months the gap grew larger and the dealer did not have any fix. Then the MoCo came up with the bumper fix, which almost works (small gap remains) however, I had to remove my saddlebag guards (saddlebag guards will not work with bumpers, it's one or the other). I called MOCo customer service and was told the bumpers is the fix and that no new bumpers would be issued that will work with Saddlebag guards and now new seat was announced. Then one of the guys on this site posted a service bulletin  about a new seat. It seems as if the Moco wants everyone to get the bumbers first and if your not happy then they will send the new seat. I complained that I had to remove my guards and I wanted a new seat. Got it in three working days. Now it needs to be road tested. Should we "ASS-U-ME" the new bikes have the new seat???

By chance did you get a photo of the bike with the saddle bag guards?

Sun Devil

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #290 on: April 07, 2010, 11:09:19 PM »

Attached photo with saddlebag guards installed. I did not do this to make the bike look better. I was on a HOG ride (40 bikes) in Death Valley going up to a view point, twisty and 15% grade. Two bikes tipped over at 5 mph. The one with guards had no damage, the one without guards cracked his saddle bag.

CruisinEagle

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Burgundy Blaze / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #291 on: April 08, 2010, 12:32:27 AM »

My bike will arrive at the dealer in a week or so (shipped from the US a month ago). I will assume it will come with the bumper fix as the VIN is after the one mentioned in the service bulletin. Installing saddlebag guards is something I`m considering and I would not like to be prevented to do that because of the bumper fix. I wonder if or when the MoCo has started to install the new seat on the assembly line?  :nixweiss:

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #292 on: April 08, 2010, 09:22:37 AM »

Recieved the Bumper Kit this week. Installed them and problem gone! They really do put an amount of pressure under the seat pan. Actually made the re-installation of the seat at the front a bit of a challenge. I'm extremely happy with this bike... my goodness it wonderful to ride, so comfortable, so powerful... so much tighter than any other Harley i've had.
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #293 on: April 08, 2010, 12:56:44 PM »

Attached photo with saddlebag guards installed. I did not do this to make the bike look better. I was on a HOG ride (40 bikes) in Death Valley going up to a view point, twisty and 15% grade. Two bikes tipped over at 5 mph. The one with guards had no damage, the one without guards cracked his saddle bag.

Thanks for the pics. I intend to do the same, for the reasons you mention.

Sun Devil

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #294 on: April 08, 2010, 01:57:39 PM »

Hello CruisinEagle,
When you pick up the motorcycle you must complain about the seat bumpers and insist that you want to install saddlebag guards. I will be on holiday in Norway in the middle of June. Two week forde cruise then one week car rental to vist family in Oslo and Elverum. Odin Rules!

Hei CruisinEagle,
Når du plukker opp motorsykkelen må du klage på setet støtfangere og insisterer på at du vil installere saddlebag vakter. Jeg vil være på ferie i Norge i midten av juni. To ukers Førde cruise deretter en uke leiebiler til Vist familie i Oslo og Elverum. Odin Regler!

BLU Bike

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #295 on: April 10, 2010, 08:46:35 PM »

Here's a picture of my SESG with a "08 SG seat with matching riders backrest pad and tour pack pad, which worked with the riders adjustable backrest.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #296 on: April 10, 2010, 09:44:23 PM »

Does anybody have a pic of the bumper setup without the seat installed. I would like to see exactly where they are putting them.

FUNGOUL

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #297 on: April 10, 2010, 09:50:40 PM »

FUNGOUL

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #298 on: April 10, 2010, 09:51:18 PM »

FUNGOUL

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #299 on: April 10, 2010, 09:51:48 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.