Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32

Author Topic: Gap between seat and tanK?  (Read 84464 times)

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
Re: Gap between seat and tanK?
« Reply #345 on: April 19, 2010, 08:25:15 PM »

If the replacment seat stays like the picture, it looks OK to me! (picture evaluation)
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #346 on: May 04, 2010, 11:24:07 AM »

OHD,

Did you buy your bike in town or at Sauk?  I'm heading up today to have them put the bumpers on, but am going to ask them to order the new seat as soon as possible.  Just wondering how the dealer handled for you?

Thanks
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

Old Harley Dude

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE, Spiced Rum
« Reply #347 on: May 04, 2010, 01:58:09 PM »

Badger Mike,

The dealer I bought the bike from is Kutter HD in Janesville. I called them and told them that I wanted the revised seat as the bumpers don't work. They hadn't heard that the revised seat was available. They called me back the next day and told me I would be getting the revised seat.  Picked it up last weekend. Sits in my garage in the box it was shipped in. I love my Corbin Classic Solo.

OHD

wblythe

• CVO1: 2010 Street Glide
« Reply #348 on: May 05, 2010, 02:28:52 PM »

I have read through 24 pages of the seat issue discussion. I got my SESG in March 2010 and left on a work trips shortly after. I only have 300 or so miles and have not noticed the seat separation. But, that is not to say it won't happen once I get home and put some miles on it. My question is; can anyone provide the one solution answere? Is Harley backing this up as warranty? Or are we left to fix this on our own. Looks like some dealers are absorbing the cost and others are not.

Are the bumbers supposed to be a fix? What about this new seat? Are you paying for it, or is Harley?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #349 on: May 05, 2010, 03:52:03 PM »

I have read through 24 pages of the seat issue discussion. I got my SESG in March 2010 and left on a work trips shortly after. I only have 300 or so miles and have not noticed the seat separation. But, that is not to say it won't happen once I get home and put some miles on it. My question is; can anyone provide the one solution answere? Is Harley backing this up as warranty? Or are we left to fix this on our own. Looks like some dealers are absorbing the cost and others are not.

Are the bumbers supposed to be a fix? What about this new seat? Are you paying for it, or is Harley?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

The bumpers are sort of a fix.  When riding I had about a 3/4" gap.  After installing the bumpers I now have "only" a 1/4" gap.  Not a fix to me.  Now there is a "new improved" seat for the bike.  I haven't gotten that "fix" yet.  The real fix is spending more money on an aftermarket saddle.
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

Old Harley Dude

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #350 on: May 05, 2010, 03:56:03 PM »

:apple:

Had the same problem on my 2010SESG. When I heard of the revised seat I contacted my dealer and told them about it (they did not know). They suggested that the bumpers need to be tried and I said "no way" as they don't work.  They got me the revised seat. No charge. Still in its shipping box in my garage.  I went with a Corbin. It's great.

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #351 on: May 05, 2010, 04:02:17 PM »

I too am 90% sure I will go with a Corbin.  I want some color on the seat so am looking into what thread will match the TS on my bike.  Their web site shows thread colors but hard to tell that way.  Perhaps my best solution is a 3 or 4 day trip to Hollister to make sure it turns out correct.  Anyone have the threads color name that matches the TS from Corbin???
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #352 on: May 05, 2010, 04:03:21 PM »

No such luck with Sauk Prairie, they put the bumpers on yesterday and sent me on my way >:(  I told them I would send them a picture of the seat later this week and expect them to order the new one, as the bumpers don't even come close to working.

Aside from that, the seat pan itself is so flimsy that there is no way I could ride the bike for more that 100 miles without my ass and back hurting.  You can literally take the seat and bend it in half!  

I'm dissapointed that HD has not stepped up to the plate here and done the right thing with this, they know they have a bad part, the'yre just trying to get buy with a cheap fix.  Some of the dealers don't even know about the service bulletin :nixweiss:
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

Old Harley Dude

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #353 on: May 05, 2010, 04:30:05 PM »

:nixweiss:

Looks like it is a call on the Dealer's part.

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #354 on: May 05, 2010, 04:31:29 PM »

If that's really the case, then it really makes me mad >:(

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #355 on: May 05, 2010, 05:14:11 PM »

The factory is insisting that you try the bumpers 1st. However, if your dealer tells them you want saddle bag guards, then HD will go right to the new seat as the bumpers and saddle bag guards are mutually exclusive. I did actually order the saddlebag guards (just got them on today), so it was easy. Otherwise, your dealer will need to be willing to tell a fib for you to get the new seat without trying the bumpers first. Some will, some won't.

wblythe

• CVO1: 2010 Street Glide
« Reply #356 on: May 05, 2010, 05:41:03 PM »

Is there a bulletin or recall that provides the saddle bag guards as warranty?? Or is it- you order saddle bag guards and harley provides a new seat for no cost. Sorry, but I am little confused on this.

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #357 on: May 05, 2010, 06:17:48 PM »

Is there a bulletin or recall that provides the saddle bag guards as warranty?? Or is it- you order saddle bag guards and harley provides a new seat for no cost. Sorry, but I am little confused on this.

The bumpers are not compatible with saddle bag guards so if you tell them (Lil white lie) you want the guards the bumper fix canot be used.

Personally they need to fix the seat not make my bike fit the crappy seat. Perhaps the need to attach the bumpers to the cheap seat :nixweiss:
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #358 on: May 05, 2010, 06:19:31 PM »

The bumpers are sort of a fix.  When riding I had about a 3/4" gap.  After installing the bumpers I now have "only" a 1/4" gap.  Not a fix to me.  Now there is a "new improved" seat for the bike.  I haven't gotten that "fix" yet.  The real fix is spending more money on an aftermarket saddle.

go out to your bike and place your knee in the rider seat and then place your weight on it. I'll bet it flex's and you see the gap. I haven't seen one yet that didnt?
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

chopper roy

« Reply #359 on: May 05, 2010, 06:29:20 PM »

what are the saddle bag guards, thats a new one to me. thanks for the help
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 23 queries.