Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Integrated Security & Locking Flip Fob  (Read 3261 times)

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
Integrated Security & Locking Flip Fob
« on: August 26, 2016, 08:04:59 PM »

When Harley offered this key and alarm fob combo on 2016 FLTRUSE, and FLHTCUSE I really wanted one  but was told it's not compatible for my 2015. Now I see this in the 2017 parts and accessories catalog, part #90300118. I really like this because it annoys the crap out of me having to carry around two fobs for one bike (have at me someone is gonna say "we should all have such problems"). I've read the fitment, it says it is compatible. Problem is the features doesn't list lock unlock for the bike but the title for the part number does.
 Bottom line I am not sure if this fob, Will replace both of my existing fobs,  if it doesn't it simply isn't worth it. Can anybody else figure out if it will work?
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Integrated Security & Locking Flip Fob
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 08:24:11 PM »

and of course "dealer installation required" :vrolijk27:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 08:28:20 PM »

A poorly written description in the catalog, but I'm guessing what they meant by combination security and locking fob was the retractable barrel key.  Currently the key is separate from the fob, but with this fob the key is part of it and can be retracted.  Under the fitment tab they show it working with just about every bike they've made since 2011, and of course most of those bikes never  had the automatic locking system.  While I'm only guessing, I'm about 95% sure I'm right.  I definitely wouldn't order one assuming it would work with the auto lock system.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 08:18:23 AM »

A poorly written description in the catalog, but I'm guessing what they meant by combination security and locking fob was the retractable barrel key.  Currently the key is separate from the fob, but with this fob the key is part of it and can be retracted.  Under the fitment tab they show it working with just about every bike they've made since 2011, and of course most of those bikes never  had the automatic locking system.  While I'm only guessing, I'm about 95% sure I'm right.  I definitely wouldn't order one assuming it would work with the auto lock system.

Jerry,
I think you are right ( but I am hoping you are wrong). I will try and call Harley customer service this week and see if they can come up with an answer, ( not too optimistic that the call taker from Harley will have an answer, but we'll see).
William
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

4fun

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 09:31:43 AM »

It says it arms and disarms the bike automatically,  but I don't know if you can push a button to unlock the bike. That would be OK with me since I can easily press the button on the dash to unlock everything.  Having one fob is way better than than two, even if I lose the ability to use the fob to unlock, especially since you need to be so close to use it anyway. 

"This hands-free fob automatically arms and disarms its electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike."

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 10:07:56 PM »

It says it arms and disarms the bike automatically,  but I don't know if you can push a button to unlock the bike. That would be OK with me since I can easily press the button on the dash to unlock everything.  Having one fob is way better than than two, even if I lose the ability to use the fob to unlock, especially since you need to be so close to use it anyway. 

"This hands-free fob automatically arms and disarms its electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike."

That's no different than the stock security fobs you already have that came with the bike.  The only difference is instead of having a separate key that you attach to the fob with a ring, this fob has the key built in and designed to fold out of the way.  Less clutter in your pocket, basically.

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 07:28:18 AM »

You can ask the question in the Q&A section of the webpage.

Integrated Security & Locking Flip Fob

Let us know what they tell you.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

4fun

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 09:22:06 AM »

That's no different than the stock security fobs you already have that came with the bike.  The only difference is instead of having a separate key that you attach to the fob with a ring, this fob has the key built in and designed to fold out of the way.  Less clutter in your pocket, basically.

Jerry
Exactly!

hogdooz

• Full CVO Member
  • LET'S GO RIDING!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 03:19:42 PM »

My dealer was very interested in this retrofit, he contacted Harley tech and was told it would work for all functions. He ordered 2 for me but when it got right down to it, the supplier wouldn't supply the fobs for my 2015 CVO serial number, they said the new fobs would only work for the 2016 CVO's. I guess we'll wait and see if anything changes.
2015 FLTRUSE,, 1978 XLCR,  2003 FXDX, 1942 WLA, 2019 FLHCS, 2022 FXRST EL Diablo

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 08:44:14 AM »

My dealer was very interested in this retrofit, he contacted Harley tech and was told it would work for all functions. He ordered 2 for me but when it got right down to it, the supplier wouldn't supply the fobs for my 2015 CVO serial number, they said the new fobs would only work for the 2016 CVO's. I guess we'll wait and see if anything changes.

Someone needs to tell the guy responsible for the listing in the catalog exactly what this thing will and will not do, and what models it will or will not work with.  Go to the following link and scroll down to the "Fitment" tab, where you will find that it starts out saying it fits 2017 and later Dyna, Softail, Touring, etc., etc., then note that they have listings of pretty much every model under each model year from 2017 back to 2011.  Dyna and Softail models don't have a central locking system last time I looked, so if this is supposed to be a combination security and central locking system fob it makes no sense to say it works with all those other bikes.  And it really makes no sense to say it only works for 2017 and later models in one place, then immediately below that say it works on everything they've built from 2011 to 2017.  Of course if it will in fact work with the 2017 version of the central locking system as well as the regular security system, it should still work for just the security system for other bikes.  You would just have a button in the center that doesn't do anything on those bikes.  They really need a do-over on that listing in the catalog.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/integrated-security---locking-flip-fob

Jerry

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 25 queries.